• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastah

I wonder how good those are. Often the teams have a hard time setting the car up to drive like they want it to, so how close to reality can a SIMULATOR be?
Especially with the tyres sometimes being a fucking mystery.

What DrM said, plus it was revealed in Monaco by AMuS that Red Bull now have a simulator which works in 360 degrees, connected to Virtual Track Test bed - chassis with gearbox, transmission and tyres, they can even simulate temperature:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...uefstand-und-360-grad-simulator-11403249.html

Cost - 30 million euros, so I would say it definitely qualifies as state-of-the-art simulator. If there's one thing Max is lucky to have on his side, it's this monster.

Should be here.

There's some other cool footage that wasn't on TV there, like the RIC pitstop from a few different angles, onboard from Hulk and Nico at the end, onboard of the Sauber crash, and then the Gutierrez crash.

Thank you, appreciate the effort!

No wonder it wasn't mentioned by Esteban or his team in comments after the race, that's super embarrasing. Actually that's the first time I see it in any media, maybe FOM will include it in their onboard highlights from Monaco, because it definitely should be seen by more people.

As rumors suggests, Mercedes is having the most advanced simulator - it was made by internal MB division that is running their huge simulators for trucks and cars back in Germany.

Their development path is also an indicator for this, their parts are working as they should and they rarely fail with upgrades.

If my experience with racing sims and how they develop over time is any indication that must be one hell of a development team.
Making a physics model that can be used to produce setup values that work in the real world is a nightmare since there are so many variables to consider.
Having the budget of MB certainly helps but then again money isn't anything without someone competent to make them translate to results as Toyota has demonstrated.
Edit:
What DrM said, plus it was revealed in Monaco by AMuS that Red Bull now have a simulator which works in 360 degrees, connected to Virtual Track Test bed - chassis with gearbox, transmission and tyres, they can even simulate temperature:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...uefstand-und-360-grad-simulator-11403249.html

Cost - 30 million euros, so I would say it definitely qualifies as state-of-the-art simulator. If there's one thing Max is lucky to have on his side, it's this monster.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/05/27/red-bull-and-renault-set-to-extend-f1-engine-deal/
Holy crap. Thats even more impressive. They basically just put a real car on a treadmill. Really clever.

FIA will ban it within a year. It pretty much negates any cost savings we had since in-season testing was banned.

Orbis

I still can't believe Rosberg conceded that place at the end. He had a 1 race win safety net just one corner from the finish line, now he does not. That will be a psychological blow for him and a gain for Hamilton.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still can't believe Rosberg conceded that place at the end. He had a 1 race win safety net just one corner from the finish line, now he does not. That will be a psychological blow for him and a gain for Hamilton.

Lets be realistic, Rosberg isn't and never was the best driver. He's fast, but he's not super fast, he just happens to be in a car that's way ahead of everyone else and this season he just happens to benefit from Lewis both dropping the ball and having a faulty car.

With his massive lead, all he had to do was rake in those #2 spots and occasional victories when Lewis fucked up and he could have become WDC, but after this last race he lost 19 points of his lead already, so there goes that strategy.

1:1 he's never going to beat Lewis over a full season, so barring Lewis getting more technical woes, he pretty much lost the WDC over this one race, I believe.

Mohonky

Button had some great wins don't get me wrong, but man McLaren without Hamilton became like the saddest thing imaginable. It's like a fucking Chrome Old Yeller these days. Button's career came full circle in the weirdest way imaginable. Only person I feel bad for is Alonso but at the same time this is Spygate karma coming back to him. Out of the old guard that criticized Hamiltons move how many of their records has he broken? Only ones that I think like him are DC and Mansell and probably Hill, not to mention his best bro Lauda (correct me if I'm wrong please).

I had and still have no idea why the team threw so much weight behind Button, when they brought him in there was this shift to try and shoehorn a car around the guy. He's never been Champion material. He's a likable guy, but he jumped into the right car at the right time, found himself in easily the best car in F1 and limped around the later part of the year with enough points bagged in the first season to take a WDC but outside of that he's never been a guy that could really wrestle performance from a car. Years of whinging about having no grip while Hamilton would just try to drive the wheels off the thing no matter what.

Button just needs to leave already.

Alonso had a WDC in him if he had the right car, but I think these 2 years at McLaren will have broken him. I don't see him around beyond next year.

Kimi just needs to disappear tomorrow. He barely gives a fuck. I'm surprised he hasn't fallen asleep at the wheel yet. It'll probably happen.

Massa I feel for, he was a genuine contender for a title at some point till he copped that knock to the head. I think he's still fast but the best of him is gone, doomed to become another Barrichelo, a really likable guy that just never quite got there. I don't think he's holding anyone up personally, but I think over the next 2 years he's going to have to think about moving on.

Lets be realistic, Rosberg isn't and never was the best driver. He's fast, but he's not super fast, he just happens to be in a car that's way ahead of everyone else and this season he just happens to benefit from Lewis both dropping the ball and having a faulty car.

With his massive lead, all he had to do was rake in those #2 spots and occasional victories when Lewis fucked up and he could have become WDC, but after this last race he lost 19 points of his lead already, so there goes that strategy.

1:1 he's never going to beat Lewis over a full season, so barring Lewis getting more technical woes, he pretty much lost the WDC over this one race, I believe.

Its too early in the season to tell that. Hamilton is fast but he has a tendency to get agitated and make mistakes when things don't go his way(remember how awful he was in 2011).If he has more technical problems next race its pretty much game on again.

ramparter

Banned
Yes. Did you realise it doesn't matter what you said because "being screwed over" implies malice and whatever your explanation is still boils down to the unrealistic believe that RBR would purposely do things to undermine RIC's chances at winning a race.
Dude, it just means they messed up, it does NOT imply malice. All people are saying is that it was teams fault. No one said anything about RBR intentionally sabotaging Ric. Jokes aside, I don't think anyone here actually believes any team would sabotage any driver for any sort of agenda.

Except for Merc, Merc will do anything to ruin Ham's race.

I had and still have no idea why the team threw so much weight behind Button, when they brought him in there was this shift to try and shoehorn a car around the guy. He's never been Champion material. He's a likable guy, but he jumped into the right car at the right time, found himself in easily the best car in F1 and limped around the later part of the year with enough points bagged in the first season to take a WDC but outside of that he's never been a guy that could really wrestle performance from a car. Years of whinging about having no grip while Hamilton would just try to drive the wheels off the thing no matter what.

Alonso had a WDC in him if he had the right car, but I think these 2 years at McLaren will have broken him. I don't see him around beyond next year.

Kimi just needs to disappear tomorrow. He barely gives a fuck. I'm surprised he hasn't fallen asleep at the wheel yet. It'll probably happen.

Massa I feel for, he was a genuine contender for a title at some point till he copped that knock to the head. I think he's still fast but the best of him is gone, doomed to become another Barrichelo, a really likable guy that just never quite got there. I don't think he's holding anyone up personally, but I think over the next 2 years he's going to have to think about moving on.
I think they threw all that time behind Button cause they thought he could provide more reliable feedback than Hamilton. It was reliable, but not in the way they intended though. "No grip," "No balance," "Can't get heat into the tires" were reliably said. Now are you sure Kimi has never fallen asleep behind the wheel? Given some of his performances I wouldn't be surprised if he was snoozing while they happened.

You really seem to hate the senior drivers of the grid.
Its like listening to someone complaining about why that old rock band is still touring.
They still enjoy what they are doing and are paid good money for it. Not every driver on the grid has to be Max Verstappen. Having experienced drivers that can bring sponsorships and consistent results home isn't a bad thing especially considering how many teams are struggling financially.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

A one race safety is nothing when there's still 13? 14? GP remaining. And Ham only got his first win this season because a) his teammate let him pass and b) another team screwed up and c) the stewarts are morons. I don't see how that is giving Ham momentum or confidence.

TBH the only way where I can see a driver that is racing for the WC take the team order to let his only opponent pass is that Rosberg knows he will win the title in the end. Because his team decided to do so before this season. We have seen several close championships over the last years, he would be stupid to act like this if he didn't know exactly it won't harm him in the end. I think Merc is full of shit. Monaco was their goodwill gift to Hamilton for being a team player, he always wanted that win in a Mercedes. If you look back two years ago the two were actually racing each other. But after Spa that changed. There was no official punishment for Rosberg but it is entirely possible that the team leadership decided to hand the title to Hamilton. Rosbergs performance after Spa was abysmal, like he knew he didn't have a chance. Similarly Hamiltons performance fell off a cliff after his title was pretty much set in stone last season. And this. There is no race where their cars don't have some sort of malfunction, like they are always trying to find excuses for bad performances of their drivers. It's all just a show.

Mohonky

You really seem to hate the senior drivers of the grid.
Its like listening to someone complaining about why that old rock band is still touring.
They still enjoy what they are doing and are paid good money for it. Not every driver on the grid has to be Max Verstappen. Having experienced drivers that can bring sponsorships and consistent results home isn't a bad thing especially considering how many teams are struggling financially.

Eh? I really like Massa. Button has been shit since forever, Kimi hasnt exactly done a thing since coming back to F1 that justifies his position (he's proving moreso that he needs to go) and Alonsos body language and comments say it all about Mclaren.

I have no problem with the senior drivers, but I'm being realistic about their potential career progress at this point.

Dont forget that though they may bring sponsors etc, they also demand a lot more money.

There are drivers out there that are younger, cost less and you could argue at this point in time have enough experience and speed to make it in bigger teams.

Eh? I really like Massa. Button has been shit since forever, Kimi hasnt exactly done a thing since coming back to F1 that justifies his position (he's proving moreso that he needs to go) and Alonsos body language and comments say it all about Mclaren.

I have no problem with the senior drivers, but I'm being realistic about their potential career progress at this point.

Dont forget that though they may bring sponsors etc, they also demand a lot more money.

There are drivers out there that are younger, cost less and you could argue at this point in time have enough experience and speed to make it in bigger teams.
Like Vandoorne for example. 2 days in a car and he out raced Button. It's not like there won't be experienced drivers when Massa, Raikkonen, Button and Alonso leave. F1 will be in good hands with Hamilton, Vettel and well damn they'd be the old guard, shit.

TBH the only way where I can see a driver that is racing for the WC take the team order to let his only opponent pass is that Rosberg knows he will win the title in the end. Because his team decided to do so before this season. We have seen several close championships over the last years, he would be stupid to act like this if he didn't know exactly it won't harm him in the end. I think Merc is full of shit. Monaco was their goodwill gift to Hamilton for being a team player, he always wanted that win in a Mercedes. If you look back two years ago the two were actually racing each other. But after Spa that changed. There was no official punishment for Rosberg but it is entirely possible that the team leadership decided to hand the title to Hamilton. Rosbergs performance after Spa was abysmal, like he knew he didn't have a chance. Similarly Hamiltons performance fell off a cliff after his title was pretty much set in stone last season. And this. There is no race where their cars don't have some sort of malfunction, like they are always trying to find excuses for bad performances of their drivers. It's all just a show.

Rosberg had a problem and was holding Hamilton up massively, they didn't want another accident like Spain.

How you can think they aren't allowed to race after Spain is beyond me, or do you think it was team orders for the crash because Bernie told Mercedes to do it, give Verstappen the win and make F1 seem exciting again?

Button has been shit since forever
Well McLaren have been utter shit since forever. None of his recent teammates have managed to do much better.
Kimi hasnt exactly done a thing since coming back to F1 that justifies his position (he's proving moreso that he needs to go)
Really? I reckon he did very well in Lotus when he came back. Sure his comeback at Ferrari could have been better but lets not forget who he is up against.

Ok we can agree on those two. There are way too many good drivers stuck in the midfield since forever. Having too many champions on the grid has that effect unfortunately. Though I reckon it will be sorted within a couple of years.

It's not like there won't be experienced drivers when Massa, Raikkonen, Button and Alonso leave. F1 will be in good hands with Hamilton, Vettel and well damn they'd be the old guard, shit.
Oh god. Blessed and German Jesus as the old guard?
RDJ_Woah.gif

Ricciardo really needs to reach his full potential soon. Hope they don't sabotage him to promote wonderboy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Current penalty points standings:
Code:
[B]Name		Points	Points to expire at...[/B]
26. Kvyat	7	Hungary 2016 (2 points)
9. Ericsson	6	Austria 2016 (2 points)
33. Verstappen	6	Hungary 2016 (3 points)
8. Grosjean	4	Canada 2016 (2 points)
27. Hülkenberg	4	Singapore 2016 (2 points)
77. Bottas	4	Brazil 2016 (2 points)
94. Wehrlein	4	Monaco 2017 (4 points)
5. Vettel	3	Canada 2016 (3 points)
7. Raikkonen	3	USA 2016 (3 points)
44. Hamilton	2	Hungary 2016 (2 points)
12. Nasr	2	Brazil 2016 (2 points)
14. Alonso	2	Abu Dhabi 2016 (2 points)
88. Haryanto	2	Australia 2017 (2 points)
21. Gutierrez	2	Russia 2017 (2 points)
55. Sainz	2	Russia 2017 (2 points)
20. Magnussen	2	Spain 2017 (2 points)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
New Monza over a second faster for F1 – and Parabolica gravel will return

I think it lacks a slow corner at the end of the main straight for an overtaking point. And if I could, I'd add a lower speed entry at the Variante Ascari (for another overtaking point), and even at the beginning of Parabolica.

Reminds me on Dunlop Curve-->Dunlop chicane on Circut de la Sarthe in Le Mans, only that speed will be even higher, because they are getting rid of the first chicane.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I like the new layout better. Going into a fast corner at max speed sounds awesome.

I think I'll like it better too, to be honest. The chicane looks fairly quick. Much quicker than Rettifilio. Almost like a mini Ascari.

I wish they could have 86'd della Roggia, but I understand Lesmo 1 runoff has always been an issue. I would have preferred them not to move the inside Lesmos barriers too. Blindness was part of the challenge.

Lego Boss

I think they threw all that time behind Button cause they thought he could provide more reliable feedback than Hamilton. It was reliable, but not in the way they intended though. "No grip," "No balance," "Can't get heat into the tires" were reliably said. Now are you sure Kimi has never fallen asleep behind the wheel? Given some of his performances I wouldn't be surprised if he was snoozing while they happened.

Yeah, I'm sure in the debriefs Button would be saying exactly the same things.

All the drivers say that when they're driving, it's not exactly representative of a proper conversation when they're wrestling with a 200 MPH motor vehicle!

Oh god. Blessed and German Jesus as the old guard?
RDJ_Woah.gif

Ricciardo really needs to reach his full potential soon. Hope they don't sabotage him to promote wonderboy.
The only other most experienced driver I can add to that list is Rosberg. Perez and Hulkenberg at the very least aren't rookies anymore, Bottas well, not there long enough I guess. At the very least you have to applaud the longevity of Alonso, Button, Massa and Raikonnen.
Yeah, I'm sure in the debriefs Button would be saying exactly the same things.

All the drivers say that when they're driving, it's not exactly representative of a proper conversation when they're wrestling with a 200 MPH motor vehicle!
I'm not disagreeing cause I know it's something they all say, but it's a meme with Button though. Button is a man that was lapped in Canada 2012 while his teammate won the race. Button has his issues. I'm not saying he can't drive cause we know he can, but he's got some issues. If I'm not mistaken 2012 was the year Whitmarsh fucked up the development rate of the car trying to help Button get to grips with the setup of the 2012 McLaren. I don't hate Button at all. He's a reliable steady hand, but he's no speed demon.

Kvyat pitted to swap his steering wheel and fell a lap down, before colliding with Kevin Magnussen, receiving a three-place grid drop for the Canadian Grand Prix in the process.

"I can't wait to go to Canada because I was feeling a little bit helpless [in Monaco] and it's not a good feeling to be feeling helpless," he said.

"It's very painful when you lose the race before it starts, but we have to be strong because the car has really good potential.

"These small things that kill our potential – Carlos could score more points but he didn't [due to slow pit-stops], so we need to have a good package, but we need to get our s**t together."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/340045/kvyat-errors-kill-toro-rosso-potential/

This man is already looking elsewhere for a seat, for sure.

Beyond my gripes as a traditionalist who dislikes the idea of changing any of the few longer-standing traditions on the calendar, the changes don't seem like the end of the world. It's true we could use more corners like that.

Some thoughts: 1) Coming out of the current chicane through the curva grande is a good overtaking opportunity that we'll lose. 2) A kink at max speed with DRS open while trying to pass and setting yourself up for the braking point at the same time? Yikes. It makes me think of that turn at the end of the back straight in Russia, only the cars will be going 30-40 ticks faster. Bad things happen at that corner and blocking is very easy. 3) Anyone who botches the braking point has minimal paved runoff. The existing chicane has the escape road with the mandatory left-right-left slow turns before rejoining. For a spot that'll be the fastest speed the cars reach on the calendar that seems needlessly dangerous.

thefro

It's a little OT for this thread, but this is an absolutely fantastic article from Marshall Pruett of Racer Magazine on how Alexander Rossi won the Indy 500.

Racer said:
Destined to run dry before the finish, Rossi got the call to try something crazy. Leaning out the fuel mixture is a common way to save fuel, which he did, but it wasn't enough. The one electronic option left was to use the fuel map designed to use little more than drops of fuel while running at reduced speeds behind the pace car. Take the tiny amount of fuel provided for puttering around at 75mph, then try holding position with it while racing well over 200mph, and you have Rossi's reality as the 500 sped toward its conclusion.

"So...we were running our yellow map, which normally you only run around for yellow," Herta admitted. "Yeah, we were running our yellow map."

Racing on the yellow map is a perfect way to get swallowed by a pack of angry cars, but Herta wasn't done. If that task sounded impossible as the finish line drew closer, the next instruction to arrive over the radio was on a whole new level of crazy.

"The last few laps, because we still weren't going to make it, I don't know...divine intervention...what put it in my head, but I started telling Alex, 'I want you to clutch the engine and coast down the straightaways,'" he added. "And he said, 'You want me to what?' I said, 'Trust me, drive the corners and then clutch and coast on the straight. Clutch and coast.'

"So he started doing that, which was really eerie. I had a lot of people come up to me, corner workers, marshals, they were watching the car because at different times he would come by basically sounding dead stick, like the engine wasn't running. They kept thinking, we have to go yellow because he's not running. Then he would go again and they couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

"So he started clutching and coasting. And Alex was asking – because the more we did that the slower we were going – he's like, 'But we're going so slow...'

Racer said:
Sure, the kid and his team beat the entire field by saving fuel, but let's not pretend they won by stroking it over all 36 laps on that final tank. Once the field got up to speed after that last yellow, Rossi averaged 217.198mph from lap 168-198 before going into drastic fuel-saving mode.

As much as I feel for the drivers who were ahead of Rossi and had to pit in the last laps, the ones who suggested their loss was undeserved – a fluke, thanks to a fuel-saving ploy by the Andretti-Herta team – are being disingenuous. Ed Carpenter Racing's Josef Newgarden was especially gutted to lose the 500, and rightfully so, but if we take his average speed from lap 168-198, and even subtract the two slow laps he turned while pitting for a quick fuel stop, he was only at 219.850mph to Rossi's 217.198.

Knowing how fast Rossi shot around the Speedway while working his magic to save fuel, averaging just 2.652mph less than Newgarden until lap 199-200 is a testament to his incredible speed up to that point, not its absence.

"It was clear at that point nobody else could make it," Herta said. "So we knew if we could make it, that was going to be the difference. Finally, on the last lap after the white flag, in Turn 2, the [fuel] pressure dropped in the engine, which means it was about to shut off. That's when, I guess they had it on the race broadcast, you could hear the [in-car] audio: 'Full throttle, full throttle.'

"At that point we knew it was about to run out. We were only going about 130 miles an hour at that time, so I wanted him to gain as much speed as he could, so when it ran out we could clutch and make it back to the finish line. That is what happened. He was only running 135 when he crossed the finish line, the checkered flag. If the finish line had been on the back straight, we wouldn't have made it there."

Also talks about how he basically had to learn how to save fuel on the ovals on the fly during the race. Brilliant strategy by Herta and execution by Rossi.

Business

I like the new layout better. Going into a fast corner at max speed sounds awesome.

Agree. That first corner might be a bit scary in situations like 2011/2012 Vettel-Alonso in curva grande, but at least the run-off area is larger now. Personally I'm looking forward to it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I am really wondering why Ferrari do not get a simulator tech similar to Mercedes and RBR

And I think that Mercedes will soon add some new features to it, if RBR crawls closer :)

The only other most experienced driver I can add to that list is Rosberg. Perez and Hulkenberg at the very least aren't rookies anymore, Bottas well, not there long enough I guess. At the very least you have to applaud the longevity of Alonso, Button, Massa and Raikonnen.

Perez and Hulkenberg would be in a frontrunning team 10-15 years ago. As a said the front and the midfield of the grid are really overcrowded with good drivers. Why would williams or ferrari hire a driver from the midfield (even if he is really good) when their driving duo is already very good?

I don't know. I would have preferred it if they removed Rettifilio and kept the old Curva Grande(The braking for Roggia would be spectacular but i don't think they would go for it since it would probably make Curva Grande a worse safety nightmare than the old Tamburello).

dubc35

I must have missed the Red Bull Renault PU extension. After endless bitching and moaning they're staying with Renault, lol.

Red Bull: Renault engine deal extended until 2018
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said: "Our partnership has proved very successful over time.

"After the reconstruction Renault has undertaken, clear progress has been made which has made it logical to continue."

Renault has made improvements, and the fact they're running a works team now probably helps, but man did Red Bull bitch, moan, complain, whine, etc for a long time about this.

Pterion

Some new onboard footage from Monaco:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...ures/2016/6/f1-best-monaco-onboards-2016.html

Kimi is really one of the worst drivers in wet conditions nowadays, to be overtaken by Gutierrez around the outside of Massenet and then stuff it in the slowest corner in F1 calendar? Ever since he returned he's hopeless on non-slick Pirellis.
Thanks for the link. Kimi isn't worth his seat, that's pretty clear. Dragging your 3 wheeled car across for so long isn't just dumb, it's criminal to other drivers.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Thanks for the link. Kimi isn't worth his seat, that's pretty clear. Dragging your 3 wheeled car across for so long isn't just dumb, it's criminal to other drivers.

Plus he surely made some more damage to his PU and new gearbox

I must have missed the Red Bull Renault PU extension. After endless bitching and moaning they're staying with Renault, lol.
Well, to be honest, this was their only option. And they can drop that TAG HEUER bs right now

Pterion

They're still adding their own "secret sauce" to the Renault, right? Maybe that was the sticking point all along, and now they're just happy to get a PU they can modify however they want.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

xrnzaaas

Some new onboard footage from Monaco:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...ures/2016/6/f1-best-monaco-onboards-2016.html

Kimi is really one of the worst drivers in wet conditions nowadays, to be overtaken by Gutierrez around the outside of Massenet and then stuff it in the slowest corner in F1 calendar? Ever since he returned he's hopeless on non-slick Pirellis.

Great shots, I'm surprised they didn't make it to the replays during the race. Kimi should've received a major penalty for that dangerous driving and Ericsson pretty much had no room to go to unless Nasr saw him and backed off.

Ugh, it pains me to see Kimi drive like such shit. Hang it up man, go enjoy time with your son. This is not helping your F1 legacy at all.

Mohonky

I am really wondering why Ferrari do not get a simulator tech similar to Mercedes and RBR

Its Ferrari, they're Italian, they don't really do electrical. Its kind of a thing. Would I trust an Italian to design something beautiful, or to hand craft it? Yes. Would I let them wire anything for me? Hell no.

Its Ferrari, they're Italian, they don't really do electrical. Its kind of a thing. Would I trust an Italian to design something beautiful, or to hand craft it? Yes. Would I let them wire anything for me? Hell no.
Is this why they don't make PS4's in Italy? If they did would it melt playing Uncharted 4?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sounds like someone's owned a Ducati.

Ugh, it pains me to see Kimi drive like such shit. Hang it up man, go enjoy time with your son. This is not helping your F1 legacy at all.

This was pretty much his first fuck up of the year. I mean last year you would have had a case but this year he has driven decently (even after Monaco still 1 point ahead of Vettel).

The Vettel thing would mean more if it wasn't for Vettel's car / Kvyat troubles.

Well even just looking at pure results he has driven way better than last year. Has even beaten Vettel in qualification couple of times (during whole last season for example he beat vettel only 2 times in qualifications when you don't count Ferrari fucking up something). Monaco was pretty much his first fuck up and really not surprising one as since Kimi returned he has had pretty big problems with tyre temperatures so rain is his biggest enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom