• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
pzQd5zl.jpg

iBNO4rs.jpg

A friend who I watch F1 with always notices mirror fluttering, so wanted to get him a F1 mirror for his birthday as a joke. Wasn't able to get one for a reasonable price at short notice...

But then I received an email last week from a guy who I have bought tons of other parts from that he had something cool for a good price. It was this thing :)

Awesome.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why couldn't it have been someone that doesn't only make complete pisswater?

Who knows?

When I was in the US they tried to sell Heineken as "premium beer" even though it's one of the bottom five beers from NL, I don't know. For some reason people like drinking shitty beer, apparently.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
They should paint safety car in Heineken colors with big red star on the hood or roof, but then right wing politicians would start moaning about communist propaganda in F1 :D

Who knows?

When I was in the US they tried to sell Heineken as "premium beer" even though it's one of the bottom five beers from NL, I don't know. For some reason people like drinking shitty beer, apparently.

I just had a look at everything the brewery does and there are only a handful of decent beers in there (and they're a MASSIVE brewery).

Who knows?

Isn't Heineken in the US different from the original, though?

Aiii

So not worth it
I just had a look at everything the brewery does and there are only a handful of decent beers in there (and they're a MASSIVE brewery).

Yeah, I guess Murphy's, but hey, at least they're not advertising the worst beer ever, Amstel.

Isn't Heineken in the US different from the original, though?

Depends, it's brewed under license in different places, so it won't taste exactly the same. But you can also buy Heineken export from the Dutch brewery in the US, which is regular old shitty Heineken.

Aiii

So not worth it
Four drivers made the top 100 athletes Forbes list:
11. Hamilton (46 million last year)
20. Vettel (41 million)
24. Alonso (36,5 million)
98. Rosberg (21 million)

Patrick S.

Banned
Haha, on Tenerife, Heineken is the beer that all the young people drink, because the local beer (which is excellent) is too uncool for them, and Heineken is this cool foreign beer that advertises the most on TV.

Aiii

So not worth it
Haha, on Tenerife, Heineken is the beer that all the young people drink, because the local beer (which is excellent) is too uncool for them, and Heineken is this cool foreign beer that advertises the most on TV.

Buy them some Hertog Jan, they'll never drink another Heineken ever again.

Icefire1424

Eh, generally speaking in the States it seems the market almost any imported beer as "premium". Granted, compared to Budweiser, Bush, Coors, Milwaukee's Best and PBR, most imported beers are a significant step up. Would rather have a Heineken or a Stella any day compared to those.

As far as our preference to drink shitty beer, well, yea...lots of us do unfortunately. I think it's more of a "cultural" thing, honestly. For those among us that actually enjoy our beer though, the States do have a surprising number of microbreweries that make really good beer. Very different from European brews, but particularly tasty.

Huh, F1 thread turned adult beverage thread. Hehe.

Yeah, American definitely has the craft beer thing going on. A few places I'd like to spend a week in, getting utterly bladdered.

Ahem, I mean sampling craft ales.

Aiii

So not worth it
Eh, generally speaking in the States it seems the market almost any imported beer as "premium". Granted, compared to Budweiser, Bush, Coors, Milwaukee's Best and PBR, most imported beers are a significant step up. Would rather have a Heineken or a Stella any day compared to those.

As far as our preference to drink shitty beer, well, yea...lots of us do unfortunately. I think it's more of a "cultural" thing, honestly. For those among us that actually enjoy our beer though, the States do have a surprising number of microbreweries that make really good beer. Very different from European brews, but particularly tasty.

Huh, F1 thread turned adult beverage thread. Hehe.

Oh, I loved your local beers, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to insult your beerculture :D

Seriously though, lots of Dutch people drink shitty beer, too. Lots of Heineken, Amstel and other shitty beers are pretty much par for the course for a lot of people. I prefer German beer myself, or speciality brews (bit of a hype going around for those everywhere, I guess), but yeah, shitty mass produced beer is popular everywhere, no wonder Heineken can waste so much on getting F1 in order.

Icefire1424

Yeah, American definitely has the craft beer thing going on. A few places I'd like to spend a week in, getting utterly bladdered.

Ahem, I mean sampling craft ales.

I like you.

In other news, I've gotta be honest in saying that it's killing me just a bit to know there's a race this weekend within driving distance from my house. I've never seen a live F1 race before, got into the sport only a couple years ago, and think seeing one would be a blast. Maybe next year when my daughter is a bit older than well, two. :)

Icefire1424

Oh, I loved your local beers, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to insult your beerculture :D

Seriously though, lots of Dutch people drink shitty beer, too. Lots of Heineken, Amstel and other shitty beers are pretty much par for the course for a lot of people. I prefer German beer myself, or speciality brews (bit of a hype going around for those everywhere, I guess), but yeah, shitty mass produced beer is popular everywhere, no wonder Heineken can waste so much on getting F1 in order.

No insult, believe me. I'm always surprised of the popularity of the mass produced swill we pass off as beer sometimes. I like our IPA's. Bells Two Hearted Ale is God-tier as far as I'm concerned. Gotta respect some of the imports though - German and Belgian ales are always the standard. Spaten and Delirium Nocturnum immediately come to mind.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like you.

In other news, I've gotta be honest in saying that it's killing me just a bit to know there's a race this weekend within driving distance from my house. I've never seen a live F1 race before, got into the sport only a couple years ago, and think seeing one would be a blast. Maybe next year when my daughter is a bit older than well, two. :)

Honestly, live F1 races aren't really that special. I've been to several, but at the price they're at it's a lot of nothing (in that it's mostly downtime in between action) and basically you're just there to see cars speeding by you so you'll barely even follow the race unless you have clear view of the screen from where you're sitting.

I prefer just watching the race at home.

I was at the 1999 European GP (the one that Herbert won after like six leaders all retired/spun out one after the other) and all we really saw from the drama was that one lap one person would be in front and then next round he'd be gone and somebody else would be at the front. And I felt kind of bad for missing out on all the action.

At least back then you had the sound of the V10's, but with current F1 you don't even get that.

All in all, don't feel too bad about missing out on watching it live, it's fun, but not that much fun.

Icefire1424

All in all, don't feel too bad about missing out on watching it live, it's fun, but not that much fun.

One of those things I'd like to do at least once. I suspect even just walking around the venue itself would be interesting, to say the least. But yea, I'm still rather fond of watching from the comfort of my couch, usually with a cup of coffee in hand given the time most races are televised here in the States.

For me it's an excuse to visit a country I wouldn't otherwise have likely gone to.

Really loved Hungary, even without the amazing race.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ckhn5SDUYAEML54.jpg

Juan Pablo Montoya has a new ride.

For what purpose?

For killing bacteria. The beer goes on a boat and isn't consumed for a long time, so there's concern about things growing in it. Almost all beer that is imported to the US undergoes the same process.

Uhhh... most of the beer I have here has best before dates of more than a year. I can't imagine that shite would need any particularly special treatment.

Edit - Just looked at a bunch that I bought in Belgium a year or so ago, and they have more than a year left.

Goldrusher

Heineken deal is now official.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...es/2016/6/f1-heineken-global-partnership.html

tl;dr

- will start this year at the newly renamed Gran Premio Heineken D'Italia 2016, in Monza
- from the 2017 season onwards, Heineken will be the F1 Event Title Partner of three Grands Prix
- it will also have a significant presence at several additional F1 Events
- Heineken will be the exclusive Global Beer Partner of Formula 1 across the majority of F1 Events
- Heineken will not be visible on any F1 cars
- David Coulthard and Sir Jackie Stewart will be ambassadors for "If You Drive, Never Drink" campaigns

Heineken announces global partnership with Formula One Management

Heineken and Formula One Management (FOM) have reached an agreement for Heineken® to become a Global Partner of Formula 1® (F1®). This significant partnership will start this year at the newly renamed Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken D'Italia 2016, in Monza, and run for a multi-year term.

From the 2017 F1® season onwards, Heineken® will be the F1® Event Title Partner of three Formula 1® Grands Prix (GP). It will also have a significant presence at several additional F1® Events chosen by Heineken® and Formula One Management. Heineken® will be the exclusive Global Beer Partner of Formula 1® and will also have substantial pouring, activation and access rights across the majority of F1® Events in the FIA Formula One World Championship™. Heineken® will not be visible on any F1® cars.

Heineken® will create fully integrated global F1® 'Open your World' manifesto and "If You Drive, Never Drink" campaigns. Activations will include F1® circuit branding, TV commercials, digital activations, live fan experiences and events, dedicated PR initiatives, and packaging/point-of-sale activations. David Coulthard and Sir Jackie Stewart will be ambassadors for the respective campaigns.

Gianluca Di Tondo, Senior Director Global Heineken® Brand at Heineken, said; "Formula One is bigger than a race. It is a global event. F1 represents a unique opportunity for Heineken to engage with existing and potential consumers in important growth markets. F1 delivers in three specific areas; strong commercial opportunities; expansion of our responsible drinking platform in new and innovative ways; and enabling skill transfers between F1 and our employees."

He added: "This partnership complements our existing global platforms, enabling us to reach F1's huge spectator numbers and 400 million unique television viewers every year. The hallmark of our long and successful relationships with UEFA Champions League, Rugby World Cup and the James Bond franchise is our passion to excite our consumers. We will be bringing this passion to Formula One."

Bernie Ecclestone, CEO of the Formula One group, said; "Heineken is a premium international brand with a super reputation for first class marketing. I am very pleased to welcome them to the Formula One family and look forward to the scale and quality of their activation at and away from F1 Events. We are both in the innovation and enjoyment business and I hope that this is the start of a long and special relationship. When I have a beer, I have always been happy with a Heineken".

Central to the partnership will be a clearly articulated and compelling 'responsibility' message. The Formula 1® global platform will provide Heineken® with even greater opportunities, globally and locally, to drive positive change. Consumers will be left in no doubt that Heineken® and Formula 1® are both clear; "If You Drive, Never Drink".

The new campaign will build on Heineken's long standing commitment to use its flagship brand to convey the responsibility message. Heineken® invests 10% of the brand's global media spend on dedicated responsible consumption campaigns such as Moderate Drinkers Wanted and Dance More Drink Slow. The message is also delivered through sponsorship platforms such as UEFA Champions League and Rugby World Cup where one third of all pitch side advertising is dedicated to the message. As well as at hundreds of music festivals and shows around the world. The messaging also appeared on more than 8 billion bottles and cans in 2015.

Bernie Ecclestone added; "Some time ago I started a 'Think Before You Drive' campaign at F1 Events. I am pleased that this important initiative now has such strong and committed support from Heineken, through its "If You Drive, Never Drink" campaign. We will now evolve and reinforce these messages in a way that reflects the Heineken personality and values."

image11.img.1024.medium.jpg

Pictured (back row, left to right): Scott Quinnell, Gianluca Di Tondo, Stephanie Sigman, David Coulthard,
(front row left to right) Sir Jackie Stewart, Bernie Ecclestone and Carlos Puyol.

image2.img.1024.medium.jpg

image1.img.1024.medium.jpg

dubc35

blah, Heineken is such shit.

Interested to see how Mercedes does this weekend on a power intensive circuit compared to RB and Vettel (Kimi will spin on the hairpin so no need to worry about him).

DD

Well, at least it's something the young fans can buy. So F1 can finally jump into the 21st century. Yay!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
blah, Heineken is such shit.

Interested to see how Mercedes does this weekend on a power intensive circuit compared to RB and Vettel (Kimi will spin on the hairpin so no need to worry about him).
They have no more breathing space according to Toto

fast forward to Sunday

Lap every other car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom