• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom94

P2UAL.gif

What's this from?

Mastah

2011 Belgian GP race edit, when Massa tried to attack Rosberg into Les Combes, but got slow exit and Fernando sneaked by into Rivage and then Hamilton squeezed by before Pouhon.

I even remember song they've used, lol.

https://vimeo.com/46623539

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Rumors in german tabloids that Seb could soon extend his contract until 2020, with clear #1 status in the team (so he could be able to select his slave driver)

Vettel extending his contract until 2020? For what? consistant 2-3 placings in the championship? Look at Fernando Alonso, that fucker's a broken man, wasted 4 years of "barely making it" at Ferrari!

I'm not sure Vettel will care as much as Alonso did. I don't think he had the same burning desire to be proven to be the absolute best.

DBT85

I'm not sure Vettel will care as much as Alonso did. I don't think he had the same burning desire to be proven to be the absolute best.

I do feel a bit for Fernando. Quite clearly one of the best drivers in the last 15 years and despite great cars in his first stint at Macca and then several years at Ferrari with meh cars, he's only won 2 and it was with Renault!

It must be a bit gut wrenching for him to see Hamilton on 3 and Vettel on 4 when both could easily get to 5 before they retire.

jey_16

Banned
I do feel a bit for Fernando. Quite clearly one of the best drivers in the last 15 years and despite great cars in his first stint at Macca and then several years at Ferrari with meh cars, he's only won 2 and it was with Renault!

It must be a bit gut wrenching for him to see Hamilton on 3 and Vettel on 4 when both could easily get to 5 before they retire.

he made his choices, could have worked things out at McLaren and challenged for 2008 championship, could have picked Red Bull instead of Ferrari for 2010 and would have won 4 more titles

he made his choices, could have worked things out at McLaren and challenged for 2008 championship, could have picked Red Bull instead of Ferrari for 2010 and would have won 4 more titles
If anything it speaks of the fans of the sport that they are, I'm sure when Alonso signed for Ferrari it was the happiest day of his profesional life, same for Vettel, but the team's been nothing but dog shit, but its a dream to drive for the red team. Although for alonso im sure there's some regret of the what happened with mclaren in 2007, to then go and dwindle in the fast fading Renault

Aiii

So not worth it
Best times per compound for yesterday:
Code:
FP1:
Soft        Verstappen   1:15.552
Supersoft   Hamilton     1:14.755
Ultrasoft   Rosberg      1:15.086

FP2:
Soft        Hamilton      1:14.941
Supersoft   Verstappen    1:15.259
Ultrasoft   Hamilton      1:14.212

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Hamilton put the best time on the board in FP2, and then continued the run to do 5 additional laps.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR proposed aeroscreen did not perform so well at FIA tests, Autosport reports

One of the issues that has come to light concerns the free air volume around a driver's helmet in relation to the rim of the aeroscreen.

It was discovered should a car fitted with an aeroscreen be involved in any kind of impact or accident, the helmet would collide with the rim, with the g-forces involved significantly higher.

It is also believed the overall robustness of the device at this stage was another cause for concern.

Zeknurn

It's starting to rain and Verstappen is trying to put in quick laps on ultra softs. I hope the marshals brought extra brooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom