• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
AMuS is on fire:

Mercedes with another new FW for Canada. Which iteration is this already in this season? 3rd?
CkiF6odVAAAwqPF.jpg
Plus curved rear wing with another solution at hand and new monkey seat above exhaust

Scottify

I find myself more fascinated with these little incremental updates than big overhauls. It's interesting to me how sometimes the littlest thing can make a much bigger difference than I would have thought.

Heh, mercedes brings updates always yet some "pundits" are quick to point out the only reason mercedes has dominated is because they "lucked out" on the current regs and it's all down to the engine.

Megasoum

Banned
I find myself more fascinated with these little incremental updates than big overhauls. It's interesting to me how sometimes the littlest thing can make a much bigger difference than I would have thought.

I watched some of the early 00's F1 yearly highlights and I had completely forgotten how teams used to bring whole new cars 3-4 races into a season. Like they would start a season with last year car and get the new one at Imola.

Zaru

Heh, mercedes brings updates always yet some "pundits" are quick to point out the only reason mercedes has dominated is because they "lucked out" on the current regs and it's all down to the engine.

Month after month I'm reading about something that Mercedes has done ages ago or since 2014 already which others are just figuring out.

Initial engine advantage aside, it's not like their chassis and other technologies are behind the curve.

chadskin

BILD (German tabloid, usually good sources, still grain of salt) reports Mercedes is offering Rosberg a one-year contract extension and intends to replace him with Wehrlein the following year.

Rosberg, however, seeks a three-year extension. A two-year extension is said not to be an option because they don't want both drivers' contracts to expire in 2018. Going to be interesting how this plays out ultimately.

Lemonte

@Tom_Stallard
This little chap missed the wet paint sign. I hope someone has given him the session times.
#canadagp #groundhog
Cki_6ZfWkAASxOy.jpg

hehe

Mohonky

Why does Jackie Stewart dress like a golfer?

He's Scottish.

BILD (German tabloid, usually good sources, still grain of salt) reports Mercedes is offering Rosberg a one-year contract extension and intends to replace him with Wehrlein the following year.

Rosberg, however, seeks a three-year extension. A two-year extension is said not to be an option because they don't want both drivers' contracts to expire in 2018. Going to be interesting how this plays out ultimately.

Seems harsh if true. Especially if he went on to win this and next year lol. What's Wehrlein's story, I don't follow any other racing series etc. Is he any good?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So, back to tyre pressure drama, AMuS is reporting that suspected teams are Mercedes, RBR, STR and Force India.

The trick is achieved with cooling surface inside the rims. Before the start, teams are preheating brakes and when the wheel goes on Pirelli guys make a pressure check, which is correct. Due to cooling surfaces inside the rims it falls below the minimum, but when the car starts moving, pressure goes up again in matter of corners

Clampdown on this is expected in Austria at earliest

Moozo

So, back to tyre pressure drama, AMuS is reporting that suspected teams are Mercedes, RBR, STR and Force India.

The trick is achieved with cooling surface inside the rims. Before the start, teams are preheating brakes and when the wheel goes on Pirelli guys make a pressure check, which is correct. Due to cooling surfaces inside the rims it falls below the minimum, but when the car starts moving, pressure goes up again in matter of corners

Clampdown on this is expected in Austria at earliest
Ugh. They should be encouraging things that improve mechanical grip, not holding them back.

Zaru

What's Wehrlein's story, I don't follow any other racing series etc. Is he any good?

He did reasonably well in a bunch of Formula series (6th->1st->2nd->4th), then spent 3 years in DTM, becoming the youngest DTM winner and then champion ever.

So he's shown that he can drive well in various cars (although more years in Formula series instead of DTM might have gotten him a seat earlier). Only thing to really put against him is not obliterating Haryanto 100% of the time in qualifying.

Hahahah that was good, in a strange way.

Has anyone seen him in the l'oreal or whatever advert?

Looks like he's finally ready for the acting career he always joked about.

He already had a "blink and you miss it" moment in Zoolander 2. I'm sure his next role will be a step up.

Seems harsh if true. Especially if he went on to win this and next year lol. What's Wehrlein's story, I don't follow any other racing series etc. Is he any good?

Wehrlein is the new Heidfeld. If he had anything about him he would be totally destroying his scrub text to save team mate.

Honda spent two tokens on a new turbo to improve the efficiency of the PU, reaching their set target for the ers, full focus now on the ICE, new combustion design after summer break to introduce a triple digit increase in bhp.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honda spent two tokens on a new turbo to improve the efficiency of the PU, reaching their set target for the ers, full focus now on the ICE, new combustion design after summer break to introduce a triple digit increase in bhp.

Jesus Christ, 1200bhp is completely unsafe and shouldn't be allowed. FIA shouldn't allow Honda to do further developments on that monster.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Jesus Christ, 1200bhp is completely unsafe and shouldn't be allowed. FIA shouldn't allow Honda to do further developments on that monster.

The Honda engine is so apocalyptically and comically powerful, it will star as the villain in the next X-Men movie. Hondaron, Devourer of Tyres, Destroyer of Tracks.

PowerTaxi

Banned

It'll blow up before the start of the race just so McHonda don't completely embarrass the rest of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom