• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Can't wait for another episode of "Merc miraculously pulls out half a second over everyone else in Q3"

Ferrari is running with low DF, they are 6 km/h faster on the end of the long straight before last chicane

And I wouldn't be surprised if they perform a very low fuel glory run - Vettel pitted right after his fast lap

Looks like light rain off/on for the next few hours. Whatever the intensity is now might be the peak. Could clear out. Even if it continues into qualifying it would probably be very light and we'd have this lovely damp track with a drying line thing going on. Prepare for red flags.
That Medical AMG Mercedes
I want that car more than any other on the planet.

Aiii

So not worth it
Qualifying should be interesting, really depends on whether FER and RBR ran full power or not. I'm guessing no for both and in that case all six drivers could go for pole tonight. Exciting.

Qualifying should be interesting, really depends on whether FER and RBR ran full power or not. I'm guessing no for both and in that case all six drivers could go for pole tonight. Exciting.

The real question is how detuned MER ran. Because they were trailing RBR and FER by 4-5kph at the speed trap.

Nobody runs full beans in FP3 generally, but usually MER has more in reserve.

Patrick S.

Banned
Tenerife is San Miguel on tap no?

No, the local beer on Tenerife is Dorada.

bodegon_botellas.png

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The real question is how detuned MER ran. Because they were trailing RBR and FER by 4-5kph at the speed trap.

Nobody runs full beans in FP3 generally, but usually MER has more in reserve.

Both Merc drivers lost 0.350 s to Vettel in S3 only

Both Merc drivers lost 0.350 s to Vettel in S3 only

I know. Also appears that Lewis didn't string a good lap together. Best sectors would put him on par with VES - accounting for a slow S3, that would put him 1-2 tenths faster than Vettel (1:13.7-1:13.8)

Hasney

Damn, Danny is sounding hungry for that world title one day. He came out and said that if Red Bull were to say that he can't compete for the title with them in a few years, then he wants to move.

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn, Danny is sounding hungry for that world title one day. He came out and said that if Red Bull were to say that he can't compete for the title with them in a few years, then he wants to move.

RBR is his best shot and he would be dumb to move to any other team that's not Mercedes.

Hasney

Jeus, the Red Bull Monaco cock up sounds like a clusterfuck. They were out for a stop for Max, which got aborted. Then grabbed Dannys tyres, then they changed compound which they thought was available but it was out the back of the garage. What a mess.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

He should go to Ferrari. With Vettel there, he will be Webberized in matter of days

Juicy Bob

Incredible scenes in Montreal ahead of Canadian GP qualifying, as tens of thousands of fans manage to enjoy sport without starting a riot or setting fire to everything.

Rain looks like it'll be very light and brief. Edit: FOR NOW. I jinx myself the instant I ever post this stuff.

The hell was with the ridiculously tall 8th gear on the Honda? Testing the ratio for next week I guess? Are they thinking they'll hit 400 or something? hah

Hasney

Rain looks like it'll be very light and brief. Edit: FOR NOW. I jinx myself the instant I ever post this stuff.

The hell was with the ridiculously tall 8th gear on the Honda? Testing the ratio for next week I guess? Are they thinking they'll hit 400 or something? hah

That's how they get to the magic 1500bhp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom