• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

markao

Ah yes, I saw that, but I think they are matey and Victoria ran away to get one of mechanics to bring their hard earned trophy and show it in front of camera :)

Really fun piece with Seb and Lewis on Sky now.
seagulls-venice5supx.jpg

Suicidle seagull couple on track :p, but you are right would love to see more interviews like this, was fun.

Zaru

I know it's too early to say this, but Ferrari might be looking back at this season as one that got away. Just as Mercedes is showing cracks, Vettel lost a clear 33 points not even driving for no fault of his own and potentially missed out on 3 wins through strategy. He could be in the lead of the championship. It's ridiculous.

Worst of all, they're close enough that they'll keep focussing on this year and might fall behind with next year's new regulations.

dEvAnGeL

I know it's too early to say this, but Ferrari might be looking back at this season as one that got away. Just as Mercedes is showing cracks, Vettel lost a clear 33 points not even driving for no fault of his own and potentially missed out on 3 wins through strategy. He could be in the lead of the championship. It's ridiculous.

Worst of all, they're close enough that they'll keep focussing on this year and might fall behind with next year's new regulations.
Ferrari is long ways off to be at the top again, they have the pace at one race and are running 7th the next, their demise started whe ross brawn left the team and i doubt there's someone capable of helping them achieve a title contender car other than newey and we know he's not leaving RBR

Lego Boss

Especially when you think that all but two championships since 2007 (9 seasons) have been won by either Hamilton or Vettel. Best two drivers of our era for sure.

Seems weird then that they have never been in a 1-1 fight for the title.

Would love to see them in the same car.

Zaru

Ferrari is long ways off to be at the top again, they have the pace at one race and are running 7th the next, their demise started whe ross brawn left the team and i doubt there's someone capable of helping them achieve a title contender car other than newey and we know he's not leaving RBR

Well, I wonder how serious those rumors were. Supposedly Red Bull paid him a LOT to keep him bound when Ferrari wanted him.

mclem

Channel 4 taking advantage of the highlights being post-watershed there. Rosberg saying he was a little bit "pissed off" at the start, no bleeps.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Seagulls explained that one off. What about the other time he missed that corner??

ramparter

Banned
You have to feel for Rosberg. Shoved aside by teammate on the first corner, a puncture and then outdriven by a whippersnapper.
Not cool move by Ham and team should tell him a couple of words but Ros should be more clever instead of just going along, could have braked and let Ham have it, he would at worst lose another pos and end up 3 or 4.

Not cool move by Ham and team should tell him a couple of words but Ros should be more clever instead of just going along, could have braked and let Ham have it, he would at worst lose another pos and end up 3 or 4.

This is the 3rd or 4th time he's pushed out Rosberg. Don't think anything is going to change, although if it was the opposite I'm sure we would see the crybabies coming out.

hadareud

The Translator
Yeah, imagine if Rosberg did something like that. Or genuinely left his team mate no space, unlike Hamilton yesterday.

ygJH40n.gif

Posted on the previous page.

Ryne

This is the 3rd or 4th time he's pushed out Rosberg. Don't think anything is going to change, although if it was the opposite I'm sure we would see the crybabies coming out.

Exact same race (and spot) *two years ago Nico pushed Hamilton wide. So what's the problem?

This is racing now.

Edit: didn't even notice that gif before.

Yeah, imagine if Rosberg did something like that. Or genuinely left his team mate no space, unlike Hamilton yesterday.

ygJH40n.gif

Posted on the previous page.

Rosberg shut the door on turn 1, while Hamilton yesterday shut the door closer to turn 2.
The difference?
Hamilton could easily recover, as he did, and only lost a spot while Rosberg lost 9 places.

So what's your excuse for Japan and USA last year?

hadareud

The Translator
Rosberg shut the door on turn 1, while Hamilton yesterday shut the door closer to turn 2.
The difference?
Hamilton could easily recover, as he did, and only lost a spot while Rosberg lost 9 places.

Bollocks.

xpwcYYD.gif

So what's your excuse for Japan and USA last year?

Why would I want to excuse someone, I don't give a shit. I don't think that Rosberg did that much wrong in that gif from 2 seasons ago and I think Hamilton did even less wrong yesterday.

It's racing. I don't expect drivers to wave through their championship rivals and offer a congratulatory hand job if they're passed.

Jibbed

It's called racing, not babysitting.

This. Hamilton would be penalised if it was an illegal move.

Two cars went for the same bit of track, and Hamilton understeered being so close to the back of the Ferrari.

If Rosberg genuinely wants to win this WDC, he needs to be more aggressive.

operon

This. Hamilton would be penalised if it was an illegal move.

Two cars went for the same bit of track, and Hamilton understeered being so close to the back of the Ferrari.

If Rosberg genuinely wants to win this WDC, he needs to be more aggressive.

Nico doesn't have that killer instinct that lewis or seb has. Its why the likes of barrichello and massa etc didn't count

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Looks like a little tap (via jalopnik)

Look at it from the point of view of giving enough room. At the point of contact Hamilton appears to be as close to the left side of the track as he can go, while Rosberg has plenty of room to the right.

Also, it's a corner and Hamilton is on the racing line.

Mastah

The sale of tickets for F1 has brought to Azerbaijan only 2% of spending on the “royal racing" in the center of Baku.

Youth & Sports Minister Azad Rahimov of Azerbaijan made a statement that the country spent approximately AZN 100 million on the holding of the European Grand Prix in the F1 class in Baku and received almost AZN 2 million from the sale of tickets.

"Only 30% out of the sold tickets account for foreign buyers and the remaining 70% for local residents. The country’s hotels are numbering 12,000-14,000 rooms. One can hardly say all the available hotel rooms have been filled, but the rooms in the hotels that are located along the route of racing, have been sold," the minister said.

Totally 18,500 tickets were printed, but not all of them have been sold to date.

"I think already next year we’ll be able to cover costs due to both ticket sales and indirect tax revenues from the sale of hotel rooms, transport and other expenses of guests," Rahimov said.

http://abc.az/eng/news/96758.html

What a GREAT SUCCESS! European GP is going to be.

Nico doesn't have that killer instinct that lewis or seb has. Its why the likes of barrichello and massa etc didn't count
Technically if they negated crashgate Singapore I think Massa would actually be a 1 time champ and Hamilton a 2 time...or no time champ. You never know how life pans out with that one.

Ark

So I just indulged myself and bought a Logitech G29 and Shifter.

Bring on F1 2016, I say.

Welcome to the club :)

Personally I refuse to ever buy.another codies F1 game again. Partly because F1 2010 scarred me, but mostly because I discovered the world of sim racing.

Looks like a little tap (via

Earlier in the thread someone posted a GIF from Hamilton's view. From his POV, it looks like he was on the racing line and Nico was too close. From Nico's, it looks like a tap, but it's clear if you look at both that it was a racing incident, not a purposeful one.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Personally I refuse to ever buy.another codies F1 game again. Partly because F1 2010 scarred me, but mostly because I discovered the world of sim racing.

F1 2015 was pretty good. The driving model improved drastically.

DBT85

And that's the bottom line.

Frankly there are only 4 people on the grid that have the balls to do take it to the limit and those are Jesus, Blessed, Danny and Fernando.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom