• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wonderboy clearly has the balls, as illustrated again yesterday, no reason to not include him in that list.

Zaru

Wonderboy clearly has the balls, as illustrated again yesterday, no reason to not include him in that list.

Many drivers lose their youth-driven high risk high reward driving after a few years in the sport. Kinda early to make that call for Max. But at the moment, sure. Guy's an overtaking MACHINE sometimes.

thenexus6

13445398_10154292292728817_5986261580876671421_n.jpg

DBT85

Many drivers lose their youth-driven high risk high reward driving after a few years in the sport. Kinda early to make that call for Max. But at the moment, sure. Guy's an overtaking MACHINE sometimes.

Yeah, you don;t really know whether its just balls the size of space hoppers or youthful gusto until they've been at it a bit longer. Seen plenty of kids rock up and pull some nice moves but it turns out they just crash a lot.

And I'm not talking about having the balls to make a daring overtake. I'm talking about slamming the door on all comers knowing full well they'll jump out the way before you will.

DD

RIP Brazil http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/interlagos-f1-race-in-danger-of-being-axed-for-2017-782102/

Though it's understandable that Brazil has bigger issues to deal with than racing.
It's not the first, nor the second time Bernie comes with this kind of crap. When asked about this subject, Tamas Rohonyi (the man responsible for the organization of the race in Brazil) said: "I'm puzzled because there's no legal conditions for breaking the contracts, the promotional, with our company and the TV transmissions with Globo. God only knows why he addressed in Montreal this issue about 2017's calendar. Maybe he had nothing else to talk about. Ignore it."

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching the 2006 F1 Review, got the Monaco qualifying where Schumi parks his car in the corner to create a yellow flag and fuck Alonso out of pole. Afterwards they show interviews with drivers and Webber goes: "We know he's got a lot of tricks, but whether this one today was real we will probably only find out when he's 70 when he's had a glas of red in him."

Awwww. Now I'm sad.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It will be quite warm in Baku, even around 33 degrees Celsius

Pirelli is concerned that high speeds, high temps and temporary tarmac could lead to tyre failures

Mercedes is planning engine and major aero upgrade for the British GP - that will be the last major aero upgrade and after then is full resource move to 2017

Mastah

Can we place bets on number of VSC/SCs we see on Sunday?

VSC: 2
SC: 1

Let's just hope there won't be any serious accident, because there are at least 2 sections when any wheel-to-wheel contact or simple crash with cars coming in without knowing (because it's blind and narrow) can end up very badly.

Aiii

So not worth it
DC is living the life. After Brundle he has to be the most accomplished retired driver at just not fading into obscurity.

Aiii

So not worth it
Danny predicting that someone will definitely will crash at the castle section.

I expect multiple people. Looking at how fast they go through there and how especially the aproach seems really close to the wall at the front left, it really only takes the smallest of errors to accidentally destroy your entire left front suspension there. Doesn't even have to be a case of driver skill, even just a slightly too cold tire might be enough to get you into the wall there.

Zaru

I wonder what kind of tv camera angles we'll be getting, especially at the castle section and for that ridiculously long "straight" (the last few turns barely break the speed)

A helicopter view showing the historic center with f1 cars driving around it would be great as well.

Bernie seems to be projecting his lack of interest in human rights and his own level of corruption onto the rest of the world.

nico rosbergs said that, not bernie.

It's slightly unclear but the start of the paragraph is:
"I spoke to Nico [Rosberg] this morning and I said it was going to be a ballsy circuit. Contrary to what people thought when they looked at the plans."

So Nico said it was a ballsy circuit.

He added: "We just left the greatest place in the world North America – and compared to here, it is a bit of a shit hole isn't it."

This bit is confusing as to whether it was Bernie saying it or Bernie saying what Nico said.

Mastah

nico rosbergs said that, not bernie.

It's a piece about Bernie speaking on various issues and it's pretty clear it's his opinion about USA and Canada. Besides it's always Bernie shitting on something and Nico definitely doesn't use "isn't it?" in his comments.

Renault have no spare chassis for Baku after crashes in Monaco and Canada, so if one of their drivers damage it during the weekend, he won't participate any further:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...s-fuer-renault-in-aserbaidschan-11450703.html

DrM

Redmond's Baby
49% of lap in Baku is on full throttle, that means almost 54 seconds - fuel consumption will be very very high. And only 390 meters from start to T1.

Icefire1424

Aw, I guess I was secretly hoping for DR to make the move to Ferrari, but given how well the Red Bull is driving lately, I think he still has a shot for a Championship where he is.

Huh, I think I'm becoming a Riccardo fan. Cool!

ramparter

Banned
Aw, I guess I was secretly hoping for DR to make the move to Ferrari, but given how well the Red Bull is driving lately, I think he still has a shot for a Championship where he is.

Huh, I think I'm becoming a Riccardo fan. Cool!
I think Ferrari is the only team with actual No 1 & No 2 contracts and the former is already occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom