• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more random slice of life chat segments. That was fun. Never forget, the only reason Rosberg won the first 4 races is because Hamtilon screwed up or got screwed in all of them. Lewis is the modern god of this track. Hamilton vs Vettel is good. They seem to have plenty of respect for one another.

Rosberg is still the championship leader and no one cares, lol.

Oh, and I know Lewis always panders to the crowd a little, but for the people paying $1000+ in the grandstands it's a nice touch.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CkxkqJ-UYAAFOVx.jpg

Zeknurn

Yeah. Like I said, he doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure as well anymore. Absolute shame.

Anyway, EA press conference in a couple of minutes. Wooo!

Have you lost faith in German Jesus? What I saw was him outdriving that car in every regard but ultimately it's still not close to the pace of the Mercedes.

Zaru

They seem to have plenty of respect for one another.

Their stats are ridiculously similar (last stats before this race)

Wins: 45-42
Poles: 53-46
Fastest laps: 29-25
Podiums: 92-83
Starts: 174-164
Titles: 3-4
Leading laps: 2421-2615
Career points: 1974-1974
Win percentage: 25%-25%

They're such similar drivers in terms of achievements, it's almost absurd.

dalin80

Banned
Another scrappy win from Hamilton. Vettel was pushing, could have been a win, but also made quite a few mistakes.

Scrappy, that was smooth as silk.

If you are thinking of the red car that was getting flustered and locking up that was Vettel.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Have you lost faith in German Jesus? What I saw was him outdriving that car in every regard but ultimately it's still not close to the pace of the Mercedes.

Yeah, probably. He had nothing to loose and had to push to catch up. It didn't work, and afterwards when it was clear that it wouldn't work he was notably slower.

Aiii

So not worth it
"I was just saving the tires, so when I got the message I pushed the gap up again" -Max Verstappen, 18 years old.

dalin80

Banned
"I was just saving the tires, so when I got the message I pushed the gap up again" -Max Verstappen, 18 years old.

An 18 year old driving an F1 car- 'I was just saving the tyres'

Pinnacle of motor racing...

Oh well, Lemans next weekend!

John_B

Here is a gif of the situation, except it was two years ago and it was Rosberg pushing Hamilton wide. It was not a big deal.

ygJH40n.gif

Mastah

CkxpURqW0AQDcHP.jpg:large

2 Mercedes close, 2 Red Bulls close, 2 Force Indias close, 2 Ferraris... yeah.

Crappy in quali, 1 good race out of 10, will Ferrari really keep Kimi just to please German Jesus for another year and sacrifice any chance of fighting for whatever WDC position they deserve to be on pure pace?

Mastah

Nah, that was Caroline Wozniacki in Monaco :)

Fernando says he wanted to stop, but for new tyres and at least have some fun at the end.

Zaru

CkxpURqW0AQDcHP.jpg:large

2 Mercedes close, 2 Red Bulls close, 2 Force Indias close, 2 Ferraris... yeah.

Crappy in quali, 1 good race out of 10, will Ferrari really keep Kimi just to please German Jesus for another year and sacrifice any chance of fighting for whatever WDC position they deserve to be on pure pace?

Really hard to defend his performance this weekend. He hasn't had any car issues as far as we know, but got close to getting lapped.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Nah, that was Caroline Wozniacki in Monaco :)

Fernando says he wanted to stop, but for new tyres and at least have some fun at the end.

Nah he was trying to get some girls from Force India to chat on his Race Notebook segment, but one ran away from him.

spuckthew

Their stats are ridiculously similar (last stats before this race)

Wins: 45-42
Poles: 53-46
Fastest laps: 29-25
Podiums: 92-83
Starts: 174-164
Titles: 3-4
Leading laps: 2421-2615
Career points: 1974-1974
Win percentage: 25%-25%

They're such similar drivers in terms of achievements, it's almost absurd.

Especially when you think that all but two championships since 2007 (9 seasons) have been won by either Hamilton or Vettel. Best two drivers of our era for sure.

Mastah

Nah he was trying to get some girls from Force India to chat on his Race Notebook segment, but one ran away from him.

Ah yes, I saw that, but I think they are matey and Victoria ran away to get one of mechanics to bring their hard earned trophy and show it in front of camera :)

Really fun piece with Seb and Lewis on Sky now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom