• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

it's a perfectly reasonable question, i'm sure if you look back over the season the 1st place mercedes stops 1st an extremely high percentage of the time, maybe 100%? thanks for the salty sarcasm though made me smile

Well Toto just answered your question pretty definitively!

Baybars

Banned
If he knew he was having break issues then he should have backed the fuck down, taken the loss but minimised the points damage.

He's a bonehead. Same thing happens every year with this guy.

Easy to say from here but when you wanna win you wanna win.

Ark

Partially because they're close to Germany so Rosberg fans, but don't forget that the UK is not exactly a popular country anywhere in Europe right now. He would have been booed regardless.

Huh fair enough. Didn't think most people really gave a shit.

Also Toto is pissing me off now. They should be allowed to race 100%.

They need to sack Nico for next year tbh.

Lach

Rosberg: "Lewis surprised me by turning in"
Yes, who would have thought that Lewis would turn into a corner. Lewis left enough space.

GHG

Easy to say from here but when you wanna win you wanna win.

Even when you're on the last lap, with a sizeable championship points lead you're willing to risk it all for the sake of one place? That's a pretty myopic way of looking at things.

He was lucky he could even get his car to limp over the line.

Lach

Toto saying that they will do more to prevent this in the future.
Putting them more on different strategies to prevent them actually racing against each other?

NewDust

Lol... Lauds saying Hamilton is more to blame, because Nico brake issues. That some strange ass explanation. Wonder if they are trying to cover for Nico penalties.

Edit I was wrong... Lauds saying Nico should have to take into account his bad brakes.

G-Unit

Yup. But as a Vettel fan, I'd say it's nice to hear a little boo for Lewis. God knows Vettel had more than his fair share from Hamilton fans for no reason.

Well it didn't really turn out well for him, did it?

Did i said it did? I rather out bully a bully which is what hamilton is with his raw talent, than be the gentleman which is one of the reasons Hamilton destroyed Rosberg Morale in past championships.

Moozo

Putting them more on different strategies to prevent them actually racing against each other?
If Mercedes didn't micro-manage everything this probably wouldn't happen as much as it does.

McNum

Well that was certainly an ending to a race. I mean, it could have been worse, they both made it to the finish, but... There will be spoken with quite loud words at Mercedes, I'd imagine.

I mean, if you're going to crash into someone, at least try to hit someone other than your teammate.

Juicy Bob

At Battersea Park waiting for Formula E just outside the start-finish line.

Hope the F1 was uneventful. Will watch the highlights when I get home tonight.

NHale

I hope not because I don't want races decided by whoever gets out of the first corner in 1st position like in McLaren dominating years.

thenexus6

I would imagine they'll decide he punished himself enough.

I wonder if he just carried too much speed and was unable to turn in.

Looking at the slow mo replay I don't think he had too much speed. He just started turning way later than he should and Lewis did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom