• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
It wasn't until it dug in that it flipped. It probably wouldn't have lost a huge amount of speed but it wouldn't have rolled.

But in this case this might have been better. If there had been concrete he would've gone almost full speed into the barrier with his side. The way it happened all the energy was reduced to zero while tumbling in the air. But moments like this I wonder if he thinks now would be a good time to end the career. Driving around tenth place for this seems like it's just not worth it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Toto Wolff said that Nico had huge issues with one of brake calipers and they even considered retiring the car

Verstappen is such a hothead, its going to be his undoing eventually if he doesn't change things.

Would've like Seb to win but unfortunately didn't work out.

Very happy Alonso walked out safely of that one, wow.

Happy for P6 for Haas!
He's still very young, got screwed over. It happens but he didn't handle it really well. I know GAF hates him for some reason but he's the most talented F1 driver we've seen in years.

Mohonky

Eh? I've seen very few people talk badly of Verstappen, most here think he's unreal; but his little spats today weren't exactly endearing

ramparter

Banned
He's still very young, got screwed over. It happens but he didn't handle it really well. I know GAF hates him for some reason but he's the most talented F1 driver we've seen in years.
Last year team asked him to let Sainz have a try on a similar situation and he refused. He got what he deserved today and hope Sainz never lets him have his way in the future.

hamchan

It's probably this exact line said over and over by the media that made him feel entitled enough to have the annoying whine he did today.

Loving the Wonderboy trash talk.
;-)

Guess I'll have to watch the replay, Britney winning makes things interesting.

Good for Haas they're competitive, shows there's a path into F1 that doesn't involve being dead last for years.

TCRS

Banned
giphy.gif

only the dead know peace from this evil that is the ferrari strategy..

MrKaepora

Only finished watching the race and glad that I didn't open any news site until now.

Great race. Those Mercedes are still above the rest,the way they treat those mediums until the end was amazing. Great win for Rosberg.

Ferrari seems to be tronger than last year but still a long way to go.

Haas team...what a surprise. Can't wait to see their next race.

Glad that everything was ok with Alonso. That accident was ugly.

Megasoum

Banned
Programming a stopwatch is literally the second thing they teach you after "Hello World," they're fine. Annoyed maybe, but programming wise it should have been little effort for experienced programmers.

Haha.... That's not how game making works... It involes a lot more work than just "program a stopwatch".

It's game logic, UI, graphic design, sound clips, voice overs, QA, tutorials, etc

All that work that now needs to be scrapped and last year system has to be re-implimented.... Which is also much more time consuming that just doing a bunch of CTRL-Z before you suggest that...

s_mirage

He is talented but IMO he needs to grow up pretty quickly. I can't imagine that petulant temper tantrums are going to endear him to fans, sponsors, or the team, and that's saying nothing of clouding his judgement on the track.

Mohonky

He is talented but IMO he needs to grow up pretty quickly. I can't imagine that petulant temper tantrums are going to endear him to fans, sponsors, or the team, and that's saying nothing of clouding his judgement on the track.

Hasn't affected Redbull so far! With Mateschmitz and Horner, he's learning from the best.

So apparently Max was supposed to come in first, but Sainz undercut him and then ignored a team order to let Max pass.

I'm pretty pleased their rivalry explodes already, that's gonna be fun.

Team leader in the race calls the pitstop , Max told the team his tires where gone and would come in soon several times, Carlos should then pit after that.
Carlos right in front of Hamilton ignored this and just jumped right in the pit without warning taking max tires .
Max doesn't know this, team doesn't inform him and Max comes in next lap with all tires still inside on warmers .
Max was pissed on Carlos and team and rightly so .

Ark

ad breaks during races

this is the world we live in

also I miss the black/gold livery.. :/

I'm guessing their "no ad breaks during live races" literally means no ad breaks during live races. Looks like I'll be sticking to Sky this year (ugh).

Really enjoyed today's race. Awesome stuff happening all around. That picture of Alonso crawling out of the McLaren is great, and Grosjean is definitely my driver of the day.

EDIT: I'm growing to like Verstappen now too. Yeah he's a bit of a whiny knob, but he's exactly what the sport needs tbh. Hilarious that he couldn't get past Sainz though, genuinely made me laugh.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'm guessing their "no ad breaks during live races" literally means no ad breaks during live races. Looks like I'll be sticking to Sky this year (ugh).

Really enjoyed today's race. Awesome stuff happening all around. That picture of Alonso crawling out of the McLaren is great, and Grosjean is definitely my driver of the day.

EDIT: I'm growing to like Verstappen now too. Yeah he's a bit of a whiny knob, but he's exactly what the sport needs tbh. Hilarious that he couldn't get past Sainz though, genuinely made me laugh.
The sport needs a whiny knob that isn't any good?

Huh?

TCRS

Banned
holy fuck there is nothing left of that mclaren

also grosjean has been good for a while now. he's evolved from crashjean to greatjean.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just watching the highlights on Channel 4. I don't understand why you get to change tyres under a red flag situation. That unfairly benefits those that havent stopped yet, and penalises anyone that stopped just before the red flag and lost the 25 seconds for the pit stop

andshrew

Team leader in the race calls the pitstop , Max told the team his tires where gone and would come in soon several times, Carlos should then pit after that.
Carlos right in front of Hamilton ignored this and just jumped right in the pit without warning taking max tires .
Max doesn't know this, team doesn't inform him and Max comes in next lap with all tires still inside on warmers .
Max was pissed on Carlos and team and rightly so .

So there will be a penalty then, the drivers have allocated tyres you can't just take someone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom