• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

I hear this an awful lot, and I'm never sure whether it's literal or not. Because if not then GAF's population is either a lot older than I presumed or there's some questionable health issues at play.
That wonderful white noise drone of the engines is a fantastic sleep aid if you're already tired or exhausted, too. I've only fallen asleep to one race this year, though, and I was hospitalized at the time, so that doesn't count.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
That wonderful white noise drone of the engines is a fantastic sleep aid if you're already tired or exhausted, too. I've only fallen asleep to one race this year, though, and I was hospitalized at the time, so that doesn't count.

I'll give you that one.

I still reserve a sensible chuckle for the excuse "only got 6 hours sleep", though.

NewDust

Woke up this morning to find an alert from the F1 app notifier: "VES 'took one for the team'".

What in the actual fuck?!?

Oh. Whatever the stream is I'm getting. Thought it was sky.

From VES's point of view I can see it... Lost time due to the Rosberg Maneuver and therefor probably had to let RIC past earlier than he liked (was the 5s penalty already given at that point?). Would RIC have finished further ahead and ROS closer than the swap would have been more justifiable (in VES's head, they were on different strategies)

Fox Mulder

I hear this an awful lot, and I'm never sure whether it's literal or not. Because if not then GAF's population is either a lot older than I presumed or there's some questionable health issues at play.

I live in the US and watch f1 races when I get off work as they're already going when I get up. A shit race puts me right out.

It's funny that I said Sirotkin had been poor this season and he's now joint-top of the standings with Gasly.
At start of the season he was poor in actual race development, DNFs due to driver error (Spain and Monaco), but he seems more at ease right now, the guy has speed, just needs to develop his racecraft and keep his cool while chasing.

Just incase anyone thought the stewards were twiddling their thumbs after giving ros the 5s penalty, they've also given him 2 points on his licence for the move.

I wonder if he'll do the same move again and be "surprised" when he's punished for a third time?

I can see ROS losing an increasing amount of respect in the paddock. Even if he won a WDC at merc I'm sure he'd get no recognition, especially if it came down to reliability on the other car.

Fuser

The engine noise definitely makes me tired, I'm regularly falling asleep during races. When I went to Silverstone once I almost fell asleep during the race :p
(It was a particularly dull race!)

Just incase anyone thought the stewards were twiddling their thumbs after giving ros the 5s penalty, they've also given him 2 points on his licence for the move.

I wonder if he'll do the same move again and be "surprised" when he's punished for a third time?

I can see ROS losing an increasing amount of respect in the paddock. Even if he won a WDC at merc I'm sure he'd get no recognition, especially if it came down to reliability on the other car.
If Nico won this year's championship it would probably be the most tainted within the last 20 years. At least with Button's 09 championship the bloke has put in respectable drives against world class teammates since. This one would literally just be "my car didn't break as much as yours." I haven't watched any of the more recent races cause I have no cable but it seems like Nico's championship campaign is turning into a right clusterfuck. At least when Alonso lost in 2012 the dude didn't have the best car that season and got no luck on two crucial tracks. Nico has the best car and just can't seem to keep his shit together at this point. This just reminds me of 2014 again where I'd wake up expecting Nico to bring the heat and win on merit only to read forum posts of a shambolic race. And he's got 2 more seasons in that car. Hope the guy likes getting Barrichelloed and reduced to crying on the fucking podium.

All on-board cameras should be like nico's. It look sooo much better.

They should put the old school over the shoulder cam on all cars and remove the ugly camera pods they have above the airbox. Gives you a much better idea of what the driver actually sees.
image16x9.img.1536.high.jpg

DD

Edit: I'm an idiot.

EDIT 2: Bernie's mother in law was rescued and two kidnapers were captured by the police. The idiots used her credit card. Rookie mistake, heh...

I'm 34, I exercise and I'm fit. I blame F1.. for everything wrong in my life

I actually almost got fired because I had to skip work (in the middle east) to watch races 10 years or so ago

frontieruk

Also lunch time... Big meal cos you're comfort eating about how bad f1 has got. And bam

I dont think Ive fallen asleep during a race, but I have had friends who have nodded off during them. Its usually a combination of us doing something the night before until midnight (meaning they dont get to sleep till sometime after that, and then meeting up at another persons house at 6am the next morning, means they had to be up at 5 to be able to get up and grab some McDs or Tims breakfast on the way.

- ~5 hours sleep
- Quiet TV to not wake up other people in the house
- Lack of interesting things happening during the race

I can understand how it happens.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Yeah. I don't think the person that wrote that statement necessarily realized at the time that a lot of us live in different time zones either. The European races start at 9pm here in Japan, so it's pitch black outside. And after an extremely busy week and a fairly busy weekend, the general lack of action during the race almost had me nodding off to sleep. Of course, that probably has something to do with the humidity and the fact that my pregnant wife insists that she needs to keep her body temperature high, so no air con for me at the moment. Also, apartments are quite small here, so I try to keep the volume down at night.

I'm 29 and work out four-five times a week, so health isn't an issue either.

Mastah

And there it is:

pirelli-2017-tyres-ferrari-3.jpg

With wider track and without that stupid high and narrow rear wing it will indeed look like a sexy beast.

Mastah

It's actually modified, wider (but still stupidly high) version.

Mountings are n the same place, but plate is probably up to 2017 spec to simulate more downforce.

edit. Yep:

Tobi Grüner ‏@tgruener 1m1 minute ago

Ferrari SF15-T fitted with wider rearwing & skirts attached to the floor to simulate 2017 downforce levels. #AMuS

spuckthew

Are the front wings changing much? I can imagine the cars looking a bit pre-2009 if the front wings get narrower.

Would be funny if we went full circle with the aero regs.

Jezbollah

Are the front wings changing much? I can imagine the cars looking a bit pre-2009 if the front wings get narrower.

Would be funny if we went full circle with the aero regs.

Funnily enough I'm getting a lot of 1997 car shapes from the look of those 2017 mockups.

tomtom94

So now we're onto tyre testing anyone want to make early predictions on whether the tyres will be too hard or too crap next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom