• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentRob

Davidson on Sky UK basically confirming what Rosberg said on the Radio. He turned as soon as he could without locking up (and thus basically going straight off the track) and then went full-lock with his wheel. Pretty much the whole UK team so far thinks it was a hard move but not worthy of a penalty and I agree with that.

Also, Toto Wolff in an Interview right now:

"It all turned to...can i say "shit" on TV?"
"No, you can't." :D

Davidson on Sky UK basically confirming what Rosberg said on the Radio. He turned as soon as he could without locking up (and thus basically going straight off the track) and then went full-lock with his wheel. Pretty much the whole UK team so far thinks it was a hard move but not worthy of a penalty and I agree with that.

Also, Toto Wolff in an Interview right now:

"It all turned to...can i say "shit" on TV?"
"No, you can't." :D

Tough luck for ROS. He's been getting quite naughty this year so far and is reaping what he sowed.

SilentRob

Tough luck for ROS. He's been getting quite naughty this year so far and is reaping what he sowed.

Verstappen himself is driving exactly the same way, very aggressively, always bordering on what is and isn't allowed and didn't get a penalty in the past. And that's not what I'm complaining about, I love it! Telling him to stop driving so aggressively and entertaining us would be the worst thing they could possibly do. But then you can't really give Rosberg a penalty for this, neither. One way or the other. But obviously the Stewards change for each race and so do their positions on what is allowed and what isn't.

Mastah

Chris Medland ‏@ChrisMedlandF1 1m1 minute ago

Verstappen talking about Rosberg pushing him wide, Hamilton says something and smiles. Max: "Lewis knows!" Hamilton smiles again... #F1

Cheeky.

Mastah

Where could I find the remaining engine info for each driver?

Before free practice, I think:

CoiApTJUkAAznEu.jpg:large

NewDust

Rosberg even admitted his mistake on RTL, carrying to much speed into the corner and trying to steer as soon as his wheels wouldn't lock up. In hindsight he left Verstappen not enough space.

So I'm not sure why everyone is discussing whether it was fair or not. Now getting those two penalty points is too harsh.

Nico was quick to point out Max's movement in the braking zone. (which perhaps is a bad habbit, but not an actual rule)

John_B

Rosberg looked strong in all sessions but totally collapsed in the race. He must be heading into the break completely dumbfounded.

Pryce

Championship over. No chance Ferrari will win this year.

There's no point in me watching the rest of the season.

I will still watch but fuck these past few years. Horrible.

Zaru

Championship over. No chance Ferrari will win this year.

There's no point in me watching the rest of the season.

I will still watch but fuck these past few years. Horrible.

If Mercedes somehow gets it absurdly right again next year despite the massive changes, I'll have to start looking into other racing series to follow.

Pryce

If Mercedes somehow gets it absurdly right again next year despite the massive changes, I'll have to start looking into other racing series to follow.

It will be hard for me to stop but yeah, if they come out next year where they are now then I might be done. Four straight years of this is too much.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I seriously doubt that Ferrari will have a competitive car in 2017. Too much going around in the team right now. Mercedes and RBR do not have such issues

Williams still snatched DHL award for fastest pit stop (Felipe 2.00 seconds, Lewis 2.12)

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Yeah, I have similar thoughts.

There have been way to many seasons since 2000 where one team (and one driver in that team) was so dominant that the championship and most grand prix were virtually predetermined.

What annoys me is that current development and testing regulations seem to freeze everything in place. There is just no way for teams and engine manufacturers to catch up.

Zaru

I missed the most interesting part of the race..

What happened exactly? Did he get a stop and go penalty? and they botched that too?? LOL

5 seconds penalty after pushing out Max like he did Lewis in Austria (minus the contact). They waited on his pitstop... and it took them 8 seconds to begin working instead of 5. According to Toto, some kind of digital stopwatch issue.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
5 second penalty for rosberg (or anyone) seems lenient - if it gets you past a 'slower' car then why not just risk the penalty if you think you can get more than 5 seconds benefit from it?

Pryce

I seriously doubt that Ferrari will have a competitive car in 2017. Too much going around in the team right now. Mercedes and RBR do not have such issues

Williams still snatched DHL award for fastest pit stop (Felipe 2.00 seconds, Lewis 2.12)

I fear that Ferrari's fucked.

Zaru

I fear that Ferrari's fucked.

It's really hard to imagine them being up there with Allison leaving JUST as the development for next year's car is probably heating up. And somehow, nobody in that team comes off as feeling comfortable right now. Nobody.

Barring a Brawn-type situation (highly unlikely), our only hope is Red Bull.
McLaren's gonna need more time.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I fell asleep watching the race..

Did Rosberg get a penalty for pushing Max off the track?

I hear this an awful lot, and I'm never sure whether it's literal or not. Because if not then GAF's population is either a lot older than I presumed or there's some questionable health issues at play.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Assuming it was because he carried too much speed and couldn't avoid it - would he have avoided the penalty if he'd handed the place back to verstappen?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Yes, he could have yielded and it would probably have been fine.

Not convinced. When a driver goes off the track and gains an advantage, it's generally safe and the advantage is the only consequence - so swapping back nullifies that. Whereas pushing a driver off the track has safety concerns, so even swapping the place back doesn't cancel out the fact that a potentially dangerous move was made.

Also, lol @ Vettel complaining about blue flags again. On a Sauber that was clearly not as slow as he wanted them to be.

Mohasus

I hear this an awful lot, and I'm never sure whether it's literal or not. Because if not then GAF's population is either a lot older than I presumed or there's some questionable health issues at play.

Waking up 9AM on a sunday to watch a boring race after sleeping only 6 hours, that's a recipe for sleeping. At least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom