• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

2015 was solid, just lacked features. I'm getting it regardless because the AI is certainly better than the drivatar shit in forza.
I'm actually pretty confident about it. The guy who headed up Codies (or at least, the F1 team) left a few years back and he was quite the self-righteous douche.

Fingers crossed.

Fake edit: It was creative director Steve Hood, aka T4RG4. He left right before the end of the 2014 calendar year, which explains the change in direction from that point on.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
2015 was solid, just lacked features. I'm getting it regardless because the AI is certainly better than the drivatar shit in forza.

Well that's certainly one opinion.

Personally I prefer my AI to have a little fight, to make mistakes, and not to behave like they're on rails.

Hamilton had no right putting that McLaren anywhere near a win in '09, but he did several times. Most points scored of anyone from Hungary too, despite 3 DNFs during that same period.

Well, not sure what the subject is, but just setting the record right. It was Kimi who scored the most points in the second half of the season. And actually won in the shit car he had, then got fired lol

EDIT: I'm wrong. Lewis scored 40 and Kimi 38. Still remarkable.. From both, but more from Kimi ;)

Fox Mulder

Well that's certainly one opinion.

Personally I prefer my AI to have a little fight, to make mistakes, and not to behave like they're on rails.

I have drivatars set on unbeatable, and I still hate it. Turn one in every race is a fucking mess and they cut corners. I love getting slammed into as I brake properly in turns as well.

I want AI programmed to race properly, not emulating an online lobby.

Well, not sure what the subject is, but just setting the record right. It was Kimi who scored the most points in the second half of the season. And actually won in the shit car he had, then got fired lol

EDIT: I'm wrong. Lewis scored 40 and Kimi 38. Still remarkable.. From both, but more from Kimi ;)

And Lewis DNF from the lead at Abu Dhabi, and from 3rd place at Monza (albeit the latter was a driver error.

Kimi's win at Spa was great, but IMO tainted by his use of the run off area to overtake other drivers. And he got outscored by Massa until his injury - but he did do well in the second half all things considered.

And Lewis DNF from the lead at Abu Dhabi, and from 3rd place at Monza (albeit the latter was a driver error.

Kimi's win at Spa was great, but IMO tainted by his use of the run off area to overtake other drivers. And he got outscored by Massa until his injury - but he did do well in the second half all things considered.

yup.

I'd love to get more into this and the reasons why all has panned out how it did, but... it's painful and I know most will disagree with it

Aiii

So not worth it
I do appreciate that Ferrari promoted an engine guy to head engineer instead of an aero guy, I mean, it's not like next year is gonna have major aerodynamic changes or anything. It's that kind of out-of-the-box thinking that will have them competing for championships in no-time.

MrKaepora

F1 legend Chris Amon dies, aged 73

Chris Amon, the driver who many considered the best to have never won a Formula 1 race, has died in New Zealand. He was 73.

He died in Rotorua Hospital on Wednesday after a battle with cancer.

His family said in a statement: “Chris battled cancer in recent years but retained not only a close interest in Formula 1 – and his very wide range of favourite topics - but also his wonderful sense of humour complete with infectious chuckle.”
RIP

Didn't Kimi essentially steal Fischella's win?

DD

I'm actually pretty confident about it. The guy who headed up Codies (or at least, the F1 team) left a few years back and he was quite the self-righteous douche.

Fingers crossed.

Fake edit: It was creative director Steve Hood, aka T4RG4. He left right before the end of the 2014 calendar year, which explains the change in direction from that point on.

Hmm, I interviewed him some years ago and he seemed a really cool guy.

And yes, I'm also excited for F1 2016. :3

tomtom94

I do appreciate that Ferrari promoted an engine guy to head engineer instead of an aero guy, I mean, it's not like next year is gonna have major aerodynamic changes or anything. It's that kind of out-of-the-box thinking that will have them competing for championships in no-time.

Especially since they might have the worst engine on the grid soon enough (they're definitely behind Renault already).

Aiii

So not worth it
"We knew the new rear wing was not really a standalone part that would give us massive performance, but it now has performed the way we expected it," team principal Monisha Kaltenborn told Autosport. "But we knew that in itself it would not be a big step, that it has to be seen in combination with all of its bits and pieces - the rear wing is part of a whole concept.

"So we have a front wing coming up at Spa, some further bits and pieces coming, although I'm not sure about the floor, if that will be there at the next race," she added. "But looking at the entire package I hope more [performance] can come out because that is how the entire concept has been set up."

itshappening.gif

Mastah

Added skirts and beam wing plus modified diffuser on Red Bull:

Co8r-hrWcAA0Ia0.jpg:orig

Co8vDnJW8AAM9-t.jpg

Strictly

So what are the technical/performance benefits of having larger rear tires?

Is it just for show like the sparking floor-boards? Not that i'm bothered of course.

Ruruja

F1 teams are gonna have to start hiring bodybuilders for the rear tyre exchanges if they want to keep their pitstops down.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
F1 teams are gonna have to start hiring bodybuilders for the rear tyre exchanges if they want to keep their pitstops down.

Nah, physical laborers will do just fine

where can I apply? I can lift 64 kg beer barrel with one hand

Shaneus

Hmm, I interviewed him some years ago and he seemed a really cool guy.

And yes, I'm also excited for F1 2016. :3
He might've been, for sure. I just remember his arrogance when responding to tweets about how broken most of the F1 games were. 2012 I think was one, and possibly the next one after that (was it 2013 or 2014? I don't know).

Aiii

So not worth it
Which is why this season has been a lot of fun, and it includes Mercedes internal explosions too. Great season so far.

tomtom94

Which is why this season has been a lot of fun, and it includes Mercedes internal explosions too. Great season so far.
It does bear noting that while the last two races have been a bit of a damp squib, this has been a very exciting season.

Aiii

So not worth it
Current penalty point standings:
Code:
Driver		Points	Next removal of points
77. Bottas	6	Brazil 2016 (2 points)
26. Kvyat	5	Russia 2017 (2 points)
7. Raikkonen	5	USA 2016 (3 points)
6. Rosberg	4	Austria 2017 (2 points)
27. Hülkenberg	4	Singapore 2016 (2 points)
9. Ericsson	4	Italy 2016 (2 points)
94. Wehrlein	4	Monaco 2017 (4 points)
12. Nasr	4	Brazil 2016 (2 points)
21. Gutierrez	4	Russia 2017 (2 points)
55. Sainz	4	Russia 2017 (2 points)
88. Haryanto	4	Australia 2017 (2 points)
33. Verstappen	3	Abu Dhabi 2016 (3 points)
14. Alonso	2	Abu Dhabi 2016 (2 points)
30. Palmer	2	Austria 2017 (2 points)
20. Magnussen	2	Spain 2017 (2 points)
5. Vettel	2	Great Brittain 2017 (2 points)

Aiii

So not worth it
Because it was the final lap, ROS was about a second off from VES and nobody really gives a fuck about Vettel in fifth at that point?

If you also exclude RB its another Ferrari dominating season. So Ferrari didnt get worse, they just got competion they didnt have back in Schumi era.
I'd like to think they had some competition during certain parts of the Schumi era, they just weren't that consistent or reliable. Cause weren't the Williams and McLaren's pretty competitive? for certain years?
Vettel slowed down on the last lap at Hockenheim thinking race was already over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCrO3WnEHbQ

How on earth FOM and broadcasters managed to miss that?
I wonder if there was a radio transmission from Arrivabenne that said "Sebastian what the fuck are you doing?!"

spuckthew

If you also exclude RB its another Ferrari dominating season. So Ferrari didnt get worse, they just got competion they didnt have back in Schumi era.

Nah. The F2002 and F2004 are two of the fastest F1 cars of all time. The F2004 probably is the fastest of any F1 car in history tbh. Ferrari made some cracking good cars in the early/mid-00s.

The Ferrari of yesteryear is no different to the Mercedes of now.

I know your post was in jest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom