• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

It really feels like no one actually knows who's in charge. Who is this person (or comitee) that decides these things? The teams felt really sure about throwing out the format at their meeting....

[edit] From autosport:
The decision was taken following Thursday morning's meeting of the F1 Commission, a 26-member group comprising representatives from the teams, the FIA, Formula One Management, race promoters, sponsors and other technical partners.

Is there an actual list of members?

Aiii

So not worth it
Fucking morons.

CePVPDxWwAAbOfP.jpg:large

Read the fucking letter, you fools.

Can Bernie fucking die already? I was 18 when the guy looked like he had one foot in a grave, I'm almost 40 and he's still ruining this sport. Fuck it.

Line_HTX

Ian Parkes ‏@ianparkesf1 12s12 seconds ago

Oh you’re going to love this folks! New knockout qualifying to remain unaltered for Bahrain, with a further review to follow that race.

Bernie on quali: “As nobody knows what the right thing to do is, we’ve said we’ll stay where we are and have a look after Bahrain."

Fucking morons.

It looks like the higher body or so-called "F1 Commission" wants to make the sport become more unwatchable than NASCAR and kill it off with the Year of Mercedes. The timed elimination is so counterproductive, no point in having super short qualifying sessions. What a fucking joke.

Make actual legit changes or RIOT!!

CT0KAshWEAAuNpL.png:large

Lach

Part of me wants the drivers to strike quali, but that would really really suck for the people that actually go to the track...

Massa

Q2 and Q3 weren't all bad with the new format, it gave the smaller teams a chance to have an exciting moment of spotlight as they were doing their laps.

Aiii

So not worth it
Q2 and Q3 weren't all bad with the new format, it gave the smaller teams a chance to have an exciting moment of spotlight as they were doing their laps.

You probably mean Q1 and Q2, and I agree. But Q3 definitely needs to be in the old format.

mclem

@adamcooperF1: Sky has announced that it will the exclusive home to F1 in the UK from 2019. So no BBC, no Channel 4...

Ian Parkes ‏@ianparkesf1 12s12 seconds ago

Oh you’re going to love this folks! New knockout qualifying to remain unaltered for Bahrain, with a further review to follow that race.

Bernie on quali: “As nobody knows what the right thing to do is, we’ve said we’ll stay where we are and have a look after Bahrain."

I'm thinking more and more that this is some form of The Producers-esque con. I just can't quite work out how it works to make Bernie rich(er) just yet.

Moozo

I'm thinking more and more that this is some form of The Producers-esque con. I just can't quite work out how it works to make Bernie rich(er) just yet.
It doesn't, it's probably just Bernie reasserting his position after the GPDA letter.

ramparter

Banned
“As nobody knows what the right thing to do is, we’ve said we’ll stay where we are and have a look after Bahrain."
I've seen a lot of movies to know now that for reasons yet unknown, this guy is investing on the death of F1.

Lach

With Formula E, WEC and MotoGP I feel like I have enough alternatives (with great ways to actually watch them life) to keep my Motorsport interests satisfied.

Can anyone what the best ways are to watch Nascar or IndyCar in Europe?

Line_HTX

With Formula E, WEC and MotoGP I feel like I have enough alternatives (with great ways to actually watch them life) to keep my Motorsport interests satisfied.

Can anyone what the best ways are to watch Nascar or IndyCar in Europe?

Don't the non-cable channels usually rebroadcast the races here? Not sure how it works over there, but here it's on the big main networks FOX and ABC respectively.

hamchan

Well the Sky deal is just very short term thinking. The people in charge getting as much money as they can now, then when the sport starts truly dying they'll be jumping off with the ton of money they've pocketed.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't get it. How is this qualifying format beneficial?

It is supposed to put more pressure on drivers and teams and penalize faults so the grid is less predictable on Sunday.

And it kind of succeeded in that aspect, actually, which is why I don't hate the idea of keeping it around for Q1 and Q2 along with a traditional Q3.

Scottify

It makes me wonder, is there anything he can't do that would cause him to be ousted from running F1? I mean, it's like he's coated in teflon. He can seemingly do whatever he wants to, regardless of any other opinions, and yet remains in charge.

I suppose in the end, he's making people lots of money but damned if it isn't depressing as hell.

paskowitz

IMO WEC is the best motorsport show out there. Racing is close, cars are insane, strategy is vital but does not negatively impact the show, cars sound good, good tracks and multiple viewing options. Only complaint is aren't enough races.

DBT85

Funny because as a F1 fan, all I care about is the on-track action. You don't miss a session with Sky's coverage.

Ultimately, if I didn't have Sky Sports, I'd be salty too. But there is a big difference between being upset and this sense of entitlement to FTA coverage that I'm reading all over Twitter.

I among many would have gladly paid the BBC to continue the coverage, sadly that was never an option. Its nothing to do with being FTA, its to do with Sky being money grabbing cunts and Lazenby being a potato.

dubc35

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| Jackie Chan WTF face

...or I like Allen McNish's hokey pokey reference: in/out/in/out/shake it all about

Pryce

Just when I think NASCAR is the worst run motorsports organization in the world, FOM comes screaming in. Fucking horrible.

I hope the drivers boycott. It's the only way to get them to listen.

I hope the drivers refuse to go out. Even if just one frontrunning team boycotts, the message will be sent. Quit destroying the sport, obnoxious old man.

-Let Michelin/Bridgestone back into the sport to compete with Pirelli.
-Let them manufacture super durable, super fast tyres that return the series to its "short sprint" DNA of the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom