• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

These videos the Formula E people are putting out are so damn cool.

https://youtu.be/TO6gHdq1gRE

Their whole formula feels like somebody gathered a bunch of people around a table, and said pretend you have the wild imagination of a 10 year old and an unlimited budget. Now go create a racing spectacle.

I love it.

Orbis

A brilliant example of why F1 is so out of touch, notice that they haven't included any footage ? only static pictures ? because FOM are a bunch of inward looking luddites ... teh second they added any video (fair use or not) the video would get taken down ..
You remind me of when Bernie said there wasn't enough interest for F1 to broadcast in HD. This was in 2010.

Patrick S.

Banned
Man, I'm watching this years NASCAR Daytona 500 race on Youtube right now, and this is just so much more fun and quality than F1 it's not even funny. Also the commentators are really good and seem very passionate. I subbed to the NASCAR Youtube channel and will watch this regularly. I sadly have been losing interest in F1 over the last years, after being a religious viewer since around 1992. This (and DTM) will be the racing sports I'll be watching from now on.

One thing that will take some getting used to is the noise of the cars... In F1 broadcasts, you usually get the sound of one lone car steadily driving on its racing line like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow, and in the NASCAR broadcast its pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew as you have dozens of cars flying by in a pack at 200 miles per hour. It's awesome! I especially like the cams that are buried in the track and will make you want to dodge away from the screen. The action is so fast that I actually get a bit nauseous from watching it :O

Another cool thing is that there is a woman driving, too. Great great stuff, I'm reall happy to have found a new sport I enjoy watching.

spuckthew

I thought F1 GAFers would be interested in this,

Ross Brawn and Nick Fry: Royal Automobile Club talk show in association with Motor Sport

It does run for one hour twenty, but very in-depth interview.

This was fantastic. The whole Brawn story/origin and 2009 season would possibly make a great film in several years. The season itself wasn't bad, and the stuff they spoke about was very interesting and generally quite incredible really... That thing about the dodgy property owner or whatever was also rather amusing!

These videos the Formula E people are putting out are so damn cool.

https://youtu.be/TO6gHdq1gRE

Their whole formula feels like somebody gathered a bunch of people around a table, and said pretend you have the wild imagination of a 10 year old and an unlimited budget. Now go create a racing spectacle.

I love it.

The problem with Formula E is that the tracks and racing are kind of sucky.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
A brilliant example of why F1 is so out of touch, notice that they haven't included any footage ? only static pictures ? because FOM are a bunch of inward looking luddites ... teh second they added any video (fair use or not) the video would get taken down ..

It's really fucking ridiculous.

I am not even sure if I would be sad anymore if F1 goes down in a burning dumpster fire. Somebody would make an adequate successor series, and that series could not be managed worse than what we have today.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Bernie Ecclestone says sale price of F1 has been agreed

Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that the sale price for Formula 1 has been 'agreed', and that it is now only up to current owners CVC to decide if it wants to sell.

Speculation that CVC, which holds a 35 percent stake in the sport, is poised to finally off-load its share of grand prix racing has been rife for several months. But despite rumors of interested parties from America or China buying CVC out, there has not yet been any public developments.

This was fantastic. The whole Brawn story/origin and 2009 season would possibly make a great film in several years. The season itself wasn't bad, and the stuff they spoke about was very interesting and generally quite incredible really... That thing about the dodgy property owner or whatever was also rather amusing!
Daniel Day Lewis should play Button...

Chris R

Bernie would want a race on the strip, never mind how bad the track would be.

A quick glance shows me that the infield circuit at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is shit, and I don't want open wheel cars on the banks again :(

dubc35

Bernie would want a race on the strip, never mind how bad the track would be.

A quick glance shows me that the infield circuit at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is shit, and I don't want open wheel cars on the banks again :(

It will probably be a shitty street circuit...at night (due to the heat). Singapore v2.0

I cant imagine anything very entertaining coming out of a Vegas race but it would probably be well attended and the bookies would absolutely love it.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Long Beach should have been it. A great circuit and I could actually go.
I might get to see Formula E but my schedule is odd.

anx10us

Banned
Bernie should just dump all the classic tracks for 21 Tilke tracks and kill the sport once and for all.

The sooner we get a breakaway series without the Demon Headmaster in charge, the better.

Never forget

*sigh*

There is no chance of a breakaway series ever, no way Sky woudl pay £1BN for rights if there was an even remote chance of their golden goose dying, its a cluster fuck, everyone wants to make money no one gives a fuck about the fans ...

AndyD

aka andydumi
Aren't there way too many hotel rooms next to the Strip? Who would actually pay to watch the race?

Nah, you wouldn't have to run along the strip, just run across it once or twice then stick to a few blocks away. But it would be weird no matter how you turn it.

dubc35

"Add a chicane or three and it's good to go!" - Tilke

L3OpA0T.png

Ark

It's funny, last weekend I was super excited for F1 to start, but I feel completely ambivalent towards Bahrain this week.

I wouldn't put anything into Bernie's Vegas F1 wish. Contracts mean nothing in this sport.

It's funny, last weekend I was super excited for F1 to start, but I feel completely ambivalent towards Bahrain this week.

For me it's the fact that little has changed over last season. It's hard to get excited for yet another Mercedes 1-2 podium. I'm still going to watch it, of course.

Zeknurn

Meanwhile in Formula E.
@Daniel_Abt: Ok guys I need to find new solutions to get #FanBoost! If I win it I'll go naked on the grid singing Taylor Swift songs. So RT! �� #DanielAbt

He's already gained a few places following that tweet.

Donos

Looking forward to the Formula E race in Berlin (May), close to where i live. It's not completely save if the track they have planned is going to work (Street race - Karl-Marx-Street). Some district permissions are still not given. District is against the race but the Berlin senate is happy to give permissions over the head of the district.

Race was planned at an abandoned Airport - Tempelhof - but got cancel there because of refugees.

I wouldn't make much out of each of Bernie's "announcements".

Las Vegas is just a plot to pressure Monza to play ball and it's been years announcing a new shareholder for F1.

More of the same.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'll be honest guys, Monza produces boring as fuck races and I doubt I would miss it much.

It's pretty telling when the most memorable thing I could tell you about your track is that they put the podium in an interesting location.

tomtom94

I'd miss Monza for the same reason I'd miss Monaco, the sheer spectacle of the thing elevates it for me. Plus you can't take it away right when Ferrari are getting good again, that's just cruel.

I was under the impression that the Monza organisers had already pretty much accepted their fate.

There's time to reach a deal, it's just playing hardball.

Contracts mean nothing if the local government says "ha, no".

Can't imagine they are going to shut down the Las Vegas Strip for an entire weekend for F1.

I'll be honest guys, Monza produces boring as fuck races and I doubt I would miss it much.

It's pretty telling when the most memorable thing I could tell you about your track is that they put the podium in an interesting location.

I thought the last few Monza races had been pretty good.

Edit - Actually, seems 2015 was bad, 2014 was good, 2013 was bad, 2012 was good... so by that, we're in for a good year!

I can definitely remember some banzai overtakes into the first chicane, and then into the next straight. Especially ones involving Vettel (either being overtaken by Ricciardo, or overtaking / pushing Alonso onto the grass).

That's why I hate it, when you post your shit with no sources.

Tobi Grüner ‏@tgruener

Honda on Alonsos engine: ICE & most surrounding parts have been heavily damaged. We will be replacing the complete power unit in Bahrain.
The hamster was crushed in his wheel after all.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
That's why I hate it, when you post your shit with no sources.

Tobi Grüner ‏@tgruener

Honda on Alonsos engine: ICE & most surrounding parts have been heavily damaged. We will be replacing the complete power unit in Bahrain.

I mean, just look at the photos:

the-wreckage-of-fernando-alonsos-mclaren-f1-car-is-seen-after-a-crash-picture-id516663410

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom