• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Vettel has the look of someone who's satisfied that he's just farted subtly enough that no-one would have noticed.

Ricciardo has the look of someone who noticed.

Verstappen may or may not have noticed, but he's too busy doing Blue Steel.
Perez has the look of someone who just had botched plastic surgery.

DD

It could be something FIA imposed? I'm still keen on getting it though, current Codies seem to have their heads screwed on straight.

Yea, I trust Codies, specially after Grid Autosport and Dirt Rally. I just find it weird, as if there's something wrog with the game. We've seen this shit so mane times from other studios that it gets hard not to get suspicious.

Also, today is the birthday of this legend. Happy birthday, Nelson! <3

sk8KxW7.jpg

Shaneus

Yea, I trust Codies, specially after Grid Autosport and Dirt Rally. I just find it weird, as if there's something wrog with the game. We've seen this shit so mane times from other studios that it gets hard not to get suspicious.
True. But if you're wary of this practice, look at Doom!

Also, keep in mind that reviews of racing/driving games by anyone other than simracing sites (and in certain circumstances, sites like Eurogamer) can usually be disregarded anyway because they're reviewed from the POV of a casual gamer. So we're not really missing out by not getting pre-release reviews.

sk8KxW7.jpg
Day after my birthday! Sadly, no-one famous in F1 shares my birthday :(

hamchan

Nearly pre-ordered but I resisted and will wait for impressions, the right thing to do.

If it's another whiff this year then I can just keep playing F1 2013.

DD

Also, keep in mind that reviews of racing/driving games by anyone other than simracing sites (and in certain circumstances, sites like Eurogamer) can usually be disregarded anyway because they're reviewed from the POV of a casual gamer. So we're not really missing out by not getting pre-release reviews.
True!

Day after my birthday! Sadly, no-one famous in F1 shares my birthday :(
Well, Brazil's today is Australia's yesterday, so... ;)

I don't share my birthday (September 1st) with any Formula One driver. :c

Zaru

User impressions can be heavily misleading as well.
I already see a bunch of people complaining about level X AI being too slow/fast, as if their own lap times were set in stone on day 1 and their target AI difficulty has to adapt EXACTLY to their current pace. That's just pointless complaining. (Unless it's a real issue like the several seconds gap between difficulties back in F1 2012, for example)

mclem

I share my Birthday with famous italian formula 1 driver and two times 4th in a Grand Prix, Andrea de Adamich!

The only person listed on Wikipedia who shares my exact birthday also shares my first name. Creepy.

Slightly younger than me happens to be a person I saw awarded his gold medal at London 2012. Who I didn't know shared my birthday until now. Cool.

spuckthew

I don't share a birthday with any F1 driver, but apparently there have been 7 Italian GPs (all Monza) and 1 Belgium GP (Spa) on my birthday.

DD

User impressions can be heavily misleading as well.
I already see a bunch of people complaining about level X AI being too slow/fast, as if their own lap times were set in stone on day 1 and their target AI difficulty has to adapt EXACTLY to their current pace. That's just pointless complaining. (Unless it's a real issue like the several seconds gap between difficulties back in F1 2012, for example)

True. But they are bringing new difficulty options this time, right?

Posting it in a few hours :) at work right now ha.
Can't wait!

Zaru

True. But they are bringing new difficulty options this time, right?
Well there's Ultimate above Legend now.

The thing is, a handful of difficulty levels like that are never going to satisfy everyone in a racing game. If your best pace falls just 1 second above or below a certain difficulty level, you'll be frustrated at how easy/hard it is but it wouldn't be any better at the adjacent difficulty levels.

Fox Mulder

Well there's Ultimate above Legend now.

The thing is, a handful of difficulty levels like that are never going to satisfy everyone in a racing game. If your best pace falls just 1 second above or below a certain difficulty level, you'll be frustrated at how easy/hard it is but it wouldn't be any better at the adjacent difficulty levels.

Project cars had a slider if I recall correctly. Nice way to gradually bump it up instead of jumping up a level that could suddenly make you like 2 seconds slower than everyone.

Zaru

Project cars had a slider if I recall correctly. Nice way to gradually bump it up instead of jumping up a level that could suddenly make you like 2 seconds slower than everyone.

I thought about mentioning Project Cars as an example of how to fix that.

The funny thing is, the performance of the cars in Codemasters F1 games are, internally, values with a granularity far beyond where players could even feel a difference. You can change this on PC to perfectly suit your own pace (or at least could in the last one I played, 2012).
So the small amount of difficulty levels is just a conscious decision for limitation and simplification, but most racing games seem to do this.

Aw. I share a birthday with Justin Wilson. RIP. :(

I share mine with Bob Sweikert who won the 1955 Indy 500 when it was part of the f1 circuit. He never competed in a race outside of the USA and died a year later in a minor midget race.

I wish I had an F1 car as a wall hanging.

sk8KxW7.jpg
Then it's a perfect time to post this again:
Shit Nelson Piquet says

sam777

The game has a minor screen tearing issue that appears now and then on Xbox One however my initial impressions are positive and I am enjoying the game so far.

Only done a few quick races so far but I noticed in cockpit view if you go off the track sometimes you get dirt on your screen, which is a nice detail that Iliked.

Always cracks me up. Nelson is the definition of zoeira.

S4a7qbs.jpg
"For whom you'll dedicate your championship? I dedicate to myself, I won it. Why the fuck would I dedicate to someone else?" "Unfortunately people blamed me of some rumors that he didn't like women. For two years we only saw him with a 'friend' but it wasn't me spreading it." "Another day a journalist asked me 'Being honest who is the best? You or Senna?' I said, 'I'm alive.'" This motherfucker is comedic gold. Too bad this thing can't be updated with Nelson asking Lewis about Nicole from a couple of years ago.

tomtom94

Funnily enough so did the old EA F1 games. They were rubbish in just about every aspect, but putting the AI on a slider (where you could go up to about 150% if I remember rightly) was good.

Megasoum

Banned
stream dat ish!

Unfortunately I have to go to the hospital for an appointement. I did a quick time trial in Canada and so far so good.

Runs great on my PC (around 100fps with everything maxed out on my 1080).

I'll need to tweak my controls a bit cause my TX with the Alcantara rim is not really well recognized. I have button numbers on track (which is good) but Xbox buttons in the menu and they don't make sense.... Anyway I'll play around with that stuff when I get back.

Shaneus

Woot, unpacking F1 2016!
Oh shit, it's out today! Hopefully should be on Steam soon (and it isn't unlocked in Australia at some ungodly hour).

Unfortunately I have to go to the hospital for an appointement. I did a quick time trial in Canada and so far so good.

Runs great on my PC (around 100fps with everything maxed out on my 1080).

I'll need to tweak my controls a bit cause my TX with the Alcantara rim is not really well recognized. I have button numbers on track (which is good) but Xbox buttons in the menu and they don't make sense.... Anyway I'll play around with that stuff when I get back.
Oh god, please don't run like shit on my 280X (or any AMD card).

Edit: This has Workshop support for car setups? Wow. Also, do we have a thread yet? Edit: Found thread, just had to read.

Fox Mulder

It's downloading on my Xbox, as I already have the elite controller.

Did MS just update their system to actually allow you to split a purchase between the account balance and another card or PayPal? Never let me do it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom