• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Kvyatt would be very happy if he could stay at STR next year. And some rumors are saying that it is a very realistic chance of that going through.

And in Formula E news, looks like Volvo is also evaluating the entry into series.

Zeknurn

And in Formula E news, looks like Volvo is also evaluating the entry into series.

I guess I know the next team I'll be cheering for.

Also via Scarbs:
Formula E season 5 concept by Japanese constructor Dome
WgIG9UK.jpg

DD

Only person keeping things entertaining in F1 right now. Except for Codemasters.

This c*nt is the only charismatic driver on that grid. I used to like Seb before, but then he transformed to a prima donna.

Fake edit: Jenson is cool too. But Daniel is the only driver I root for just as I root for my fellow countrymen.

BTW, Nice avatar!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I guess I know the next team I'll be cheering for.

Also via Scarbs:
Formula E season 5 concept by Japanese constructor Dome

+ some crazy ideas about showing % of power remaining with special LEDs inside bodywork and with rear lights. Plus crazy idea about drone following each car with additional info display

jambo

Looking at tickets for Melbourne 2017 and we're not sure how to work out where the big screens are. Don't really wanna be in a seated area where we can't quickly look up to get an overview of the race.

Shaneus

Looking at tickets for Melbourne 2017 and we're not sure how to work out where the big screens are. Don't really wanna be in a seated area where we can't quickly look up to get an overview of the race.
Plus it was different this year than other years, too. I bought a GA for day 3 and mentally worked out where I would sit, but found they'd drastically cut the number of screens around the track.

jambo

Plus it was different this year than other years, too. I bought a GA for day 3 and mentally worked out where I would sit, but found they'd drastically cut the number of screens around the track.

Hmm, well we're hoping the Senna stand still has a nice big screen in front of it, because that's where we booked.

$299 each for 4 day access and 3 day seats. Includes a track and pit walk too, which should be cool.

Burai

shitonmychest57
If you're attending a race I'd say a radio with earphones is far more effective at following the race than a screen. If you can get access to both all the better but it's very easy to lose track of the action once you stop looking at the screen and it's bloody hard to hear the tannoy when cars are running.

jambo

Yeah we're planning on getting something for this, either apps on our phones or a radio so we can tune in to the local AM coverage.

Did some searching and it looks like there's also commentary on an FM band, and I just remembered that my LG G4 can do FM radio via headphones so I'm all set.

Shaneus

Yeah we're planning on getting something for this, either apps on our phones or a radio so we can tune in to the local AM coverage.

Did some searching and it looks like there's also commentary on an FM band, and I just remembered that my LG G4 can do FM radio via headphones so I'm all set.
Follow these steps, will be for the best (if you can handle ~10sec delay, give or take):
*Sign up with VPN provider with UK POP and quota, make sure it can run on your phone
*Download the BBC Radio app (should be one for Android, def. one for iOS)
*Listen to BBC5 :)

Have done that the last few years, has been perfect.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I have already posted this in motorsport thread, but I will also post it here.

Meet DevBot, RoboRace development car. It will make his appearance on Formula E test this week in Donington. This one looks like stripped down LMP1 car and it still has cockpit. (Motorsport). Actutal RoboRace cars will be without it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I can't wait for Roborace I think that whole idea is fascinating, it's going after that next level of technical brilliance that F1 abandoned when they realised they could easily make drivers redundant. Hope they do some real nerdy coverage of the AI choices and focusing on the engineers.

Lach

I can't wait for Roborace I think that whole idea is fascinating, it's going after that next level of technical brilliance that F1 abandoned when they realised they could easily make drivers redundant. Hope they do some real nerdy coverage of the AI choices and focusing on the engineers.

I'd love them to put the log files online after the race :D :D

Roboraces will be great during the initial phases of software development. But I'm a little worried about the AIs progressing to the point where they're able to lap with a +/- 0.01 second consistency without making errors.

Zaru

Roboraces will be great during the initial phases of software development. But I'm a little worried about the AIs progressing to the point where they're able to lap with a +/- 0.01 second consistency without making errors.

Alone and with constant track conditions, probably.
In the pack, trying to overtake and defend, dependent on wind, temperatures and tyres? We'll see.

NewDust

Bring in some randomness like the the rallycross joker laps or a 1 per race speedboost.

"Goddamn, Unit A-3872-U62 from Estonia got some smooth overtake moves in its CPU. I can't wait until they fix their reliability issues so we get to see a proper battle with Unit B-9643-M29 from Switzerland!"

Exciting times ahead.

Give them names and a Twitter feed, just like McLaren.

chadskin

"Goddamn, Unit A-3872-U62 from Estonia got some smooth overtake moves in its CPU. I can't wait until they fix their reliability issues so we get to see a proper battle with Unit B-9643-M29 from Switzerland!"

Exciting times ahead.

Aiii

So not worth it
I now know why Max always wears his cap flat, because it's a fucking snapback with absolutely no give at all. Been trying to bend it for hours now and I finally got it to this point:
I'm too old, I can't pull off a snapback.

Mastah

Good news for Sauber:

The Sauber F1 Team is pleased to confirm the appointment of Xevi Pujolar as new Head of Track Engineering. The 43-year old Catalan started at the Sauber F1 Team headquarters in Hinwil after the summer break and will work in this capacity from the Singapore Grand Prix onwards. Pujolar has worked for several Formula 1 teams; previously he worked as Senior Race Engineer at Scuderia Toro Rosso. Paul Russell, who is in the role of Chief Race Engineer on an interim basis, will be back in his previous position as Head of Performance Integration.

http://www.sauberf1team.com/news/pr...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

DD

I'm actually worried that one of these AI cars could lose its "mind" and hit a wall in a speed high enough to send debris to the stands. =/

Aiii

So not worth it
Why would anyone go sit in stands to watch a bunch of computers race?

It's fun as a tech demo, but it'll never be a competition that'll attract a live crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
Been more or less rumored for a long time that they're going to take the hit in Belgium on purpose to get through the rest of the season. Has to happen. Great chance for Red Bull to shine. Maybe some of the home GP magic for Max.

Zaru

Been more or less rumored for a long time that they're going to take the hit in Belgium on purpose to get through the rest of the season. Has to happen. Great chance for Red Bull to shine. Maybe some of the home GP magic for Max.

Just because they expect 50,000 dutch fans doesn't mean it's his home grand prix!
Now imagine if the Stoff was driving too. Spa would be bursting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom