• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just because they expect 50,000 dutch fans doesn't mean it's his home grand prix!
Now imagine if the Stoff was driving too. Spa would be bursting.

You realize he grew up just over the Dutch border, in Belgium, and his mom is Belgian right?

NewDust

Just because they expect 50,000 dutch fans doesn't mean it's his home grand prix!
Now imagine if the Stoff was driving too. Spa would be bursting.

Dutch/Belgian double nationality, lives in Monaco, drives for Austrian team with French power unit... Now tell me what is his home GP.

Goldrusher

Got tickets to see FP1 and FP2. Bronze. Does that mean I have to watch from more than a mile away?
No.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pouhon_1000.jpg

belgian-gp-trip-report-2015-1024x768.jpg

Pouhon1280.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes is bringing new power unit, at least for Lewis. To this upgrade they have spend 2! tokens since the beginning of the season. He will most certainly start from the last place on the grid, because they will replace all components at the same time.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Why not bring 4 new engines and swap them out after each practice? Take the infinite grid spot penalty and be set for the rest of the year.

Zaru

Why not bring 4 new engines and swap them out after each practice? Take the infinite grid spot penalty and be set for the rest of the year.

I actually wonder why they don't, obvious loophole abuse aside.
Are there some rules that prevent them from swapping around a bunch of engines before sunday? Is there a "time window" where engines can legally be swapped?

Considering past transgressions I wouldn't be surprised about a team like, say, Ferrari, taking the penalty at a track that doesn't suit them anyway and basically getting twice the amount of engines for the year.

I actually wonder why they don't, obvious loophole abuse aside.
Are there some rules that prevent them from swapping around a bunch of engines before sunday? Is there a "time window" where engines can legally be swapped?
Would probably be a pain in the ass to change the engine 4 times in a weekend. It's not exactly a quick process from what I've heard.

Zaru

Would probably be a pain in the ass to change the engine 4 times in a weekend. It's not exactly a quick process from what I've heard.

Well, a few hours in the hybrid era. Which is why they can't swap in time between P1/P2 and P3/Q1 most of the time. But if they were allowed to work until the night to swap them (which they are doing in case of various technical issues), that's still quite a few.

I think there were rules against it last year, but they got rid of them because teams were carrying penalties for multiple races. I'd think there was some agreement between the teams that it wouldn't be abused.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Kind of annoying given how slow he's been driving for the last few races to try and save it.

That engine will be probably reused later in the season. It was just a matter of time when Lewis will have to get a penalty for engine components .

Aiii

So not worth it
The press conference had Kvyat in it.

He looks as unhappy as ever, that break did not help him in any way.

..but not No Name which will see ten times the off tracks as the other two combined? OK. The spots they choose will only discourage passing there. Nobody drives off the road there on their own. They're both easy flat. There's nothing to gain.

Zeknurn

I'm subtly pressing my 8-year-old nephew to get into karting so he can become rich and buy his uncle a fast car with all his F1 money 15 years from now, but so far he isn't biting. His dad is into cycling and I can't seem to sway him into liking cars as much. :(

Unless he's a natural talent, 8 years is probably too old.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I think it is a new power unit.

This doesn't make any sense to me. Being a few places further up at Spa makes very little difference. Just take the hit on two units now, and take it to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom