• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastah

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 22m22 minutes ago

Am told that @EstebanGtz has a five place grid penalty and three penalty points for impeding @PWehrlein in FP3

Hearing that the FIA stewards have decided to take no further action against @KevinMagnussen re his incident with VET in FP3

Good decisions.

Zaru

Mercedes could take 10 place grid penalties for both cars on every race from now and still win the constructor's championship.
Which is why them pulling this actually irks me.

dalin80

Banned
Mercedes could take 10 place grid penalties for both cars on every race from now and still win the constructor's championship.
Which is why them pulling this actually irks me.

They want 1-2's and have already lost enough of those due to the odd early issues with Hamiltons repeat engine failures. They would rather take the one big hit here rather then risk losing out on 3x 1-2's.

Hasney

Aw, I was hoping Ricciardo was going to put on some of that post-hardcore for a second there.

EDIT:The editing on this Rosberg interview is savage.

DBT85

Imagine for a second, that the planets align and Hamilton manages to win the race after taking his 345 place grid drop.

New motor and as many tyres as he wants.

Surely this highlights the idiocy of extreme grid-place drops?

Hamilton's competitors are going to be at 100% to fight for pole whereas Hamilton takes a fresh engine with minimal running.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I must say I really enjoy the lack of stress when Hamilton isn't starting from the front!

Mastah

Last year Manors were 2 seconds slower than McLaren and 3 seconds off the next slowest car. What a change in 12 months :D

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Last year Manors were 2 seconds slower than McLaren and 3 seconds off the next slowst car. What a change in 12 months :D

They've got a factory, and they're making new carbon parts rather than heating and bending existing spares using hair dryers (seriously).

Smart for Wehrlein to go straight out.

dakun

Is it really that smart to start with the soft tires tomorrow if you are at the risk of losing places at and after the start because other cars start with supersofts?
I think the safer option is just creating a gap from the start

Edit: ok forget it. Others also on soft

Juicy Bob

I don't seriously believe that Alonso is enjoying his McLaren experience more than he would've had he stayed at Ferrari.

Is it really that smart to start with the soft tires tomorrow if you are at the risk of losing places at and after the start because other cars start with supersofts?
I think the safer option is just creating a gap from the start
If it continues to be hot as fuck tomorrow, it could be very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom