• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hopes are up.

Yay.

Though Vandoorne should have already been in F1 and I will never not be bitter about wasting him.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ce3rQxPUYAApsN5.jpg:large

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
You can calculate HP from the measured Torque and RPM on the bar at the top of the picture.

Isn't "RPM" likely only measuring the RPM at the combustion unit? For the total power you'd need the additional power from the MGU-K.

I really don't get that insufficient resolution thing. Wouldn't you just redo the scan?

Maybe Alonso was moving around so as to fuck up the scan. :D

ElTorro

I really don't get that insufficient resolution thing. Wouldn't you just redo the scan?

I don't understand that lingo either. But it probably denotes some medical condition, not that the scan itself went wrong for technical reasons.

Jezbollah

Or that they found out something from a past examination (eg: his crash in Barcelona pre-season testing last year) that has them have cause for concern with regards to his ability to recover from such accidents.

Isn't "RPM" likely only measuring the RPM at the combustion unit? For the total power you'd need the additional power from the MGU-K.

Yeah, there really isn't enough info to be accurate without a finer understanding of their data acquisition.

The language of the release is pretty ugly, I assume they are saying that they compared two sets of CT scans, maybe the first from just after the accident and the second yesterday and whatever they were concerned about hadn't resolved itself sufficiently to allow him to race? Or maybe they compared a uninjured one with yesterdays and found the same.

Mastah

I don't know how it's called, but maybe due to him having fully developed only left part of chest, his intestines are not right either and more prone to damage?

3b0ebc2e12f28385d86f7f69f62995d0.jpg

Pure spelucation, of course.

Ahh, I see... resolution of the signs could literally mean "signs of injury not resolved to our satisfaction".

Very odd choice of words.

Lach

Max lives in Monaco now.

He still has a belgian passport so I'm sure there are lots of Belgians that "claim" him.

On Swiss TV, the commentator usually comments on Grosjeans swiss passport at least once per race and keeps calling him "the genevan"

Staab

Yikes, I hope it's not too serious.
I imagine he might have some internal organ problems due to the high Gs or something that requires some time to heal up, maybe some tears here and there that aren't completely fixed and could end up causing internal bleeding on a repeat crash.

Jezbollah

Alonso has been excluded due to some ribs being fractured - and if he were to have an accident there is a fear he could puncture a lung.

Icefire1424

Yikes, I hope it's not too serious.
I imagine he might have some internal organ problems due to the high Gs or something that requires some time to heal up, maybe some tears here and there that aren't completely fixed and could end up causing internal bleeding on a repeat crash.

I suspect that is exactly the case. Although he walked away from the crash, there's no way he didn't suffer some bruising or other "minor" injuries. Better to take the precaution instead of him being in a situation where he could get really hurt.

ElTorro

Alonso has been excluded due to some ribs being fractured - and if he were to have an accident there is a fear he could puncture a lung.

Well, at least it's nothing serious then.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

@tedkravitz
Alonso confirms he's fractured ribs and another high-G crash could puncture a lung. Says he's in bit of pain and has trouble sleeping..

Yeah, doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Maybe Alonso was moving around so as to fuck up the scan. :D

Might be something Alonso doesn't want disclosed to the public. After all he can decide which parts of his medical condition are made public and what not. Saying he doesn't want the reasons revealed is telling so making it seem like a technical issue is the way out.

dubc35

The Stoff?! Nice, gives me a reason to watch this weekend.

Where's Wax Free? Is he still alive with this news? Does he think the Stoff will take fastest lap in in every session on the way to pole and a win?
The answer is yes.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Stoff?! Nice, gives me a reason to watch this weekend.

Where's Wax Free? Is he still alive with this news? Does he think the Stoff will take fastest lap in in every session on the way to pole and a win?
The answer is yes.

Stoffel gives the Honda engine another 27bhp.

Aiii

So not worth it
Drivers press conference, question asked about the GPDA letter.

So they get to Max, he says something generic, so they ask him if he had anything part in the letter to which he responds that he's not a member [of the GPDA] and Grosjean next to him goes, "you're not?!" and then they continue to talk off-mic.

Not sure if Grosjean is surprised a driver wouldn't join the GPDA, or if he never realized he could just not join himself. Cheeky bastard. :D

-edit: Now the Daily Mail guy asked if everyone should be a GPDA member to Alonso, Rosberg and Massa. Turns out that the letter was send from GPDA, but agreed upon by the entire grid and signed as such. Massa, also not a member of the GPDA. :D

tomtom94

To steal a joke from Dave Squires' football comics, it is a good time for Vandoorne to be weighed down with expectation, it will help build his upper body strength.

In all seriousness, hope Alonso is okay and curious to see what Stoff can do. Probably not much given the last-minute nature of this but you never know.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alonso is fine, he was very upbeat at the press conference. Said he was offered to go home by the team, but wanted to stick around to observe the team and help Stoffel however he could and is excited to be back asap.

I don't know how the guy keeps so motivated, really.

Mastah

I don't know how it's called, but maybe due to him having fully developed only left part of chest, his intestines are not right either and more prone to damage?

3b0ebc2e12f28385d86f7f69f62995d0.jpg

Pure spelucation, of course.

And the answer is no :)

The Buxton Blog ‏@thebuxtonblog 2h2 hours ago

Fernando confirmed to @NBCSN that while his fractured ribs are on the side of his body affected by Poland Syndrome, they are unrelated.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So.. Kimi will bag this one right? He's always good at Sakhir

Do not worry, team will do everything to put him behind Seb

I wonder what tactic will the teams use for the race? I think SS-->Soft--> Medium could work very well, or maybe even SS-->Medium-->Soft, if we select SS as qualifying compound. And the interesting choice for only one set of Mediums for Mercedes and three sets for Ferrari.

Goldrusher

Button looking forward to hearing Vandoorne's opinion on the car...

http://www.autosport.com/news/repor...-quickly?_ga=1.51645161.1709300625.1392639458

"He has less experience in this car but it's good having another opinion.

"Sometimes it's nice having a third opinion on the car and the way it feels.

"When Fernando explains how his car is feeling, I understand exactly what he means as we've worked together for 16 months.

"With Stoffel, it will be different. I've never heard him debrief a car but I'm sure I'll pick up on it pretty quickly."

New rules have been brought in this season such as a stricter enforcement on radio communication but Button doesn't think that will impact Vandoorne.

"He's never raced in F1 where we have been given every bit of information anyway," he said.

"He's used to not having the information so it won't be a massive shock to him.

"In GP2, he's not told what to do during the race.

"He'll be all right, there'll be a couple of things which are tricky but they will run through those on Friday and Saturday."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom