• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

3AD101

Banned
Bernie should just dump all the classic tracks for 21 Tilke tracks and kill the sport once and for all.

The sooner we get a breakaway series without the Demon Headmaster in charge, the better.

Never forget

*sigh*

I miss 70's and 80's F1.

Cars and tracks (well, some of them) are just BS now and have been for quite a while.

Give me this:

756.jpg

spuckthew

Love the P34. Though I can't believe it actually won races (well one race, and many podiums).

[edit] Just saw the BT46 did as well....

Technically the BT46B, and it was only used in one race which, as you rightly pointed out, it won.

Let's not reminisce too hard, folks,as we'll just get more disappointed with current F1!

Line_HTX

Formula 1 ‏@F1 40m40 minutes ago

#BAHRAINGP TIMES (Local/CET)

FRI
FP1: 1400/1200
FP2: 1800/1600

SAT
FP3: 1500/1300
Quali: 1800/1600

SUN
1800/1600

Watch as both Mercedes take 1 and 2 in the stupid Qualifying session again, with Nico taking it this time.

Fox Mulder

It's neat when the f1 YouTube channel is actually allowed to post videos with actual footage. Wish they did more with their video library.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Whoa! I'll watch it. Driverless, I wonder if that means they will push even harder, or if they will be more fragile, as there's fewer safety requirements.

Shaneus

FOM gonna FOM :/

Might need a login to see this too, not sure... but:
The Steam store page for Automobilista has been taken down due to a copyright infringement claim which had been submitted to Valve.

As is known, Automobilista packages a variety of officially licensed cars & brands alongside fictionalized, originally created content. The claim in question does not make any specific reference to content present in Automobilista supposedly in infringement of the party´s copyright - until it does, our belief is that it has no merit.

We have already taken the appropriate measures to resolve the issue ASAP, but in accordance to Valve´s policy, the process may take a few days to be completed.

In the meantime time we will continue to progress with the development of Automobilista, and intend to release another Early Access update shortly. The game is available for purchase as part of our Membership packages from our forum store.

Please understand that until the matter is fully resolved, we may not be able to discuss it.
Cunts, seriously.

Juicy Bob

Reiza have always had very close approximations of F1 liveries in their games, but they've always been unofficial and fictional.

Really can't see how this would stand up.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Zeknurn

Wow.

How is it possible to make a claim without providing any concrete instances of infringement?

They can do anything they want with the massive lawyer army that FOM has access to.

Looks fascinating. Wonder if there's going to be a lot of bumping. The design seems to make it possible for cars to bump each other without affecting its path too much from having wheels lock together.

I don't think so. They will be better drivers than humans so if anything the races will be completely incident free.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I hope there are big names attached to Roboracing. Anybody with an interest in autonomous cars like Google, and schools like MIT.

Also, lol FOM.

Lima

How would these driverless races work? Are the cars just going to be doing it on their own or is someone controlling them remotely? I mean where is the human element going to come in? I can't cheer for a robot car really.

Aiii

So not worth it
FIA asked teams about Q3 change to non-elimination mode. RedBull, ToroRosso, McLaren & Williams voted against. Auto motor und sport

You're keeping out the big part on why these four teams voted against. Which is out of principal that the suggested is not what the teams agreed upon in Melbourne on Sunday and if the FIA wants to keep the elimination system, then don't come to them a few days before the race and change it to whatever they want.

Good on those four teams for not jumping through hoops.

Zeknurn

How would these driverless races work? Are the cars just going to be doing it on their own or is someone controlling them remotely? I mean where is the human element going to come in? I can't cheer for a robot car really.

The team is going to program the AI driving the car. It's going to be an engineering sport in the purest sense.

Lach

Would be cool if there is a big enough varieties in the AI's that we could see "personalities" in them. More aggressive driving AI's, more strategic AI's etc.

I really wanted to get back into F1 this year. I haven't been following since 2005, it has been a decade, and to stoke my enthusiasm I even paid for pay-tv to watch the live broadcasts.

Then I found out about what a HUMONGOUS FILTHY CUNT FOM have become. I'm seriously considering cancelling my pay tv subscription and paying a penalty for it. The whole FOM vs modders thing is DISGUSTING. I so hate liking this sport.

EDIT: Is Formula E broadcast live online by chance? (Nevermind I actually have free live broadcast coverage of the event)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
You're keeping out the big part on why these four teams voted against. Which is out of principal that the suggested is not what the teams agreed upon in Melbourne on Sunday and if the FIA wants to keep the elimination system, then don't come to them a few days before the race and change it to whatever they want.

Good on those four teams for not jumping through hoops.

ooopsie, I forgot to submit edited reply with added explanation, before I had to restart my system

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Formula e is on YouTube after the race. I guess some broadcast will be live, but I don't know.

NBC sports had them live, but I haven't followed closely.

Lach

Formula E also streams the races live on youtube in those countries that don't have coverage on TV (for me in switzerland this is the case) which is incredibly awesome. For the last race they also streamed to the UK because ITV didn't cover it live because of Darts or Snooker or something...

anx10us

Banned
I really wanted to get back into F1 this year. I haven't been following since 2005, it has been a decade, and to stoke my enthusiasm I even paid for pay-tv to watch the live broadcasts.

Then I found out about what a HUMONGOUS FILTHY CUNT FOM have become. I'm seriously considering cancelling my pay tv subscription and paying a penalty for it. The whole FOM vs modders thing is DISGUSTING. I so hate liking this sport.

EDIT: Is Formula E broadcast live online by chance? (Nevermind I actually have free live broadcast coverage of the event)

This, i'm about as pissed off as I can be, but for some reason I'm desperate for this to sort itself out, will I watch the next race (yes), do I wish everyone would just say fuck it and we let the series die (yes), but there is still something compelling ...

It's quite telling that I haven't even bothered to order my tickets etc for the races I was planning on going to this year. Just can't be arsed.

No need to keep pedalling your BS numbers:

hondamnqwv.png

The Honda has 955bhp when its qualifying mode arrives. 890 - 920bhp in race trim.

You're the one who always brings up bullshit without any sources whatsoever. And how nice of you to ignore it, whenever you get called out.

While your attitude can be funny, it gets tiring to read your nonsense, when you present it as fact. Put up or shut up.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
No need to keep pedalling your BS numbers:

hondamnqwv.png

The Honda has 955bhp when its qualifying mode arrives. 890 - 920bhp in race trim.

None of the displays on that screens shows power. As far as I can see, the four big meters show RPM, torque, some pressure, and some flow ratio. The other widgets are likely labeled with incomprehensible signal names from the car's ECU bus and are also not showing power anyway. What's your point in posting this?

Mastah

Jon Noble ‏@NobleF1 1m1 minute ago

Breaking news: Fernando Alonso is not allowed to race in Bahrain this weekend

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 1m1 minute ago

Alonso is out of the Bahrain Grand Prix. Chest scans showed "insufficient resolution of the signs to allow him to race"

Ce3qvyWVIAAcKJm.jpg:large

FUCK :/

Fred out, Stoffel in?

You can calculate HP from the measured Torque and RPM on the bar at the top of the picture.

856hp according to the numbers. There are some assumptions in that, the numbers are peak, happened at the same time (realtime?) etc...

Edit: So where's Pedro de la Rosa right about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom