• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
So the Stewards took no interest in the opening crash, any of the subsequent crashes, Sainz 'driving' a broken uncontrollable car on the track, the mother of unsafe releases from the pit and max being a complete twat all day...

What the hell.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So the Stewards took no interest in the opening crash, any of the subsequent crashes, Sainz 'driving' a broken uncontrollable car on the track, the mother of unsafe releases from the pit and max being a complete twat all day...

What the hell.

That Heineken theory from one of the last pages is more and more plausable

Juicy Bob

It's a shame that Stoffel Vandoorne's home grand prix is now forever going to be considered predominately as Max Verstappens 'home' race too.

PowerTaxi

Banned

What the hell.

But Nasr went off the track once. That counts for something, right?

sam777

And he said this to Dutch TV “I’d rather drive them off the track then let them go in front of me”

I don't understand how anyone can root for him.

Edit: At least there's some good news following this race:

He is an idiot, I was just watching his incidents on the Sky Sports website and I am amazed that he finished the race without recieving a punishement.

Zaru

After bad start of the season, Force India scored 89 points since Monaco

They might actually finish as 4th best this year since Williams dropped back.
Which means they're best of the rest for now, a commendable achievement with those budget limitations.

Par Score

Max's driving will either make him a 4+ time WDC, or end his career very early.

I'm hoping for the former, because I love it. The most exciting driver since Lewis came onto the scene.

Lego Boss

Max's driving will either make him a 4+ time WDC, or end his career very early.

I'm hoping for the former, because I love it. The most exciting driver since Lewis came onto the scene.

Lewis had the advantage of a top car from day one and a team-mate who he could never really Lise to (if he lost to Alonso it was expected, if he won he was amazing). Lewis was incredibly consistent too in his first season.

Lewis did some silly things (getting stuck in the gravel at China pit-stop), but he was never as blatantly stupid as Crashtappen.

As l said before, hopefully it's just him being young, dumb and full of come, but l still think DANRIC is a better bet for the title, certainly in the short term.

Zaru

As l said before, hopefully it's just him being young, dumb and full of come, but l still think DANRIC is a better bet for the title, certainly in the short term.

Verstappen won't be a complete driver until a few years from now, but I'm too entertained by his driving to call for punishment.
I am part of the problem.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I don't think there is a problem with Verstappen's driving in general. Only his shenanigans in the braking zone are dangerous, especially at 340kph.

Lewis had the advantage of a top car from day one and a team-mate who he could never really Lise to (if he lost to Alonso it was expected, if he won he was amazing). Lewis was incredibly consistent too in his first season.

Lewis did some silly things (getting stuck in the gravel at China pit-stop), but he was never as blatantly stupid as Crashtappen.

How is getting stuck in the gravel to Hamilton's fault when his team opted to not bring him in when he asked for it countless times? His tires were down to the canvas.

Number45

It was Ferrari's fault in the first corner so he has a point.

I'm Dutch though. ;-)
Yeah, it seemed Vettel needed to concede more room on that turn in. Whether he knew Kimi had Vestappen inside of him though I'm not sure.

EDIT: I'm not Dutch, or Belgian. :p

ramparter

Banned
Yay, another spoiled brat in F1.

To be clear he is right about turn one but that doesn't entitle him to be a douche for the rest of the race. Also he admits it was Vettel's fault but then it's the Ferraris that ruined him so he has to take revenge. Also on his way to the pits on first lap he was very dangerous to anyone else. Fuck this attitude.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Yeah, did not want to make it sound like it's no big deal. Given how unwilling he his to listen to his critics, some big crash at the end of a high-speed straight will happen sooner or later.

Nyx

Yeah, did not want to make it sound like it's no big deal. Given how unwilling he his to listen to his critics, some big crash will happen sooner or later.

The only critics that he should listen to is race control, they didn't say a word right?

Don't worry, stewards will protect him, since he's considered the "future of F1" and a certain dutch company came into F1 because of him.

Unless he causes a major accident he won't be penalized.

Number45

Yay, another spoiled brat in F1.

To be clear he is right about turn one but that doesn't entitle him to be a douche for the rest of the race. Also he admits it was Vettel's fault but then it's the Ferraris that ruined him so he has to take revenge. Also on his way to the pits on first lap he was very dangerous to anyone else. Fuck this attitude.
To be clear, I'm not defending his defending. Can't believe he's getting away with it.

Max is right. It's Ferrari's fault for the incident. If they didn't suck so much, they would've qualified further up the grid, thus avoiding a collision with Max.

frontieruk

Max is right. It's Ferrari's fault for the incident. If they didn't suck so much, they would've qualified further up the grid, thus avoiding a collision with Max.

No if Max was better he wouldn't of bogged down on the start to be passed by the poor Ferrari's thus it's his own fault he had to dive into a gap that was always going to disappear...

Nyx

That green and yellow area he was on... that bit isn't the track.

Yeah that's in the corner already, look a second or 2 earlier, when Max sees the wide gap Kimi leaves on the inside, before hitting the corner.
You think he should just have let go of the gaspedal and moved his car behind Kimi?

Aiii

So not worth it
Kimi clearly left him no room so he had to go on the curb in the corner, but it's not fair to blame VES for that, he was alongside Kimi.

It's also not Kimi's fault as he had Vettel cutting along on the other side.

Vettel could have left a bit more room, but he couldn't have seen VES there and gambled that Kimi would leave him more room, which Kimi couldn't give.

You can fault VES rightfully for a bunch of things yesterday. Dangerously cutting off Kimi and pushing other lads off of the track by braking past the breaking point at the end of a DRS zone, but that first corner was a prime example of a racing incident where circumstances just came together.

? Irvine got a 2-race ban for this.

Nyx

You can fault VES rightfully for a bunch of things yesterday. Dangerously cutting off Kimi and pushing other lads off of the track by braking past the breaking point at the end of a DRS zone, but that first corner was a prime example of a racing incident where circumstances just came together.

What I don't get though, is why there hasn't been a single warning or penalty given for those actions.

Would that really be due to ''Heineken'' and 'Max = future of F1''? cause I find that hard to believe.

Aiii

So not worth it
What I don't get though, is why there hasn't been a single warning or penalty given for those actions.

Would that really be due to ''Heineken'' and 'Max = future of F1''? cause I find that hard to believe.

Because stewards don't follow clear guidelines, but sort of just decide on a case by case basis and have a rotating consultant to boot.

Allegedly, they are giving in to outside pressure to have less strict penalties and more racing, even if an incident is crossing lines.

Nyx

Because stewards don't follow clear guidelines, but sort of just decide on a case by case basis and have a rotating consultant to boot.

Allegedly, they are giving in to outside pressure to have less strict penalties and more racing, even if an incident is crossing lines.

Ah didn't know about the first bit, I thought there would be clear guidelines, seems like something logical for a dangerous sport like this.

I don't understand why the position of the steward isn't a proper role in this sport. Instead of inviting some drivers and others of yesteryear to make them feel more important than they are, have the same trained professionals attend at every race or at least to a set of races (one group for the European races, others for the Asian races, for example). Wouldn't that bring more consistency into the sport?

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't understand why the position of the steward isn't a proper role in this sport. Instead of inviting some drivers and others of yesteryear to make them feel more important than they are, have the same trained professionals attend at every race or at least to a set of races (one group for the European races, others for the Asian races, for example). Wouldn't that bring more consistency into the sport?

Even better, have the GPDA/Drivers appoint them. There's a rulebook and if the GPDA appoints the stewards (which would then most likely by some older impartial drivers, like Wurz himself), there should be way less issues with unfair or inconsistent penalties.

hamchan

"If they screw up my race, I'm not going to make it easy for them," he said. "I think they should understand that.

"I'm not going to say: 'come on through'. But all that happened after turn one. If turn one hadn't happened, I wouldn't have been so aggressive and pushed Raikkonen out like that."

A revenge attitude I see.

He'll cause a big crash some day with that blocking of his, when someone just stops tolerating his attitude. Will be very entertaining to see.

Also poor Kimi didn't screw up his race lol.

Zaru

What's interesting though is that Verstappen held off Kimi for a large part of the spanish GP without resulting in complaints about dangerous defending. Did his first win make him more aggressive?

Even better, have the GPDA/Drivers appoint them. There's a rulebook and if the GPDA appoints the stewards (which would then most likely by some older impartial drivers, like Wurz himself), there should be way less issues with unfair or inconsistent penalties.

That seems perfectly reasonable, which is why it probably won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom