• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuckthew

Williams would be a pretty good seat for an up-and-comer. They're not a top team, but they're good enough for top 5 finishes and the occasional shot at a podium. Bottas has overstayed his welcome and needs a top drive (replace Kimi), otherwise he'll stagnate. As much as I'd like to see Vandoorne in a race-winning team from the off, it won't happen...Williams would be perfect (as long as they don't go backwards next year).

DD

And DD, thanks for the pic. This game really looks good in my opinion. Nice helmet by the way, I went with boring black and yellow (die hard steeler fan here). And the reflections in it are gorgeous.
Thanks! Black and yellow is a great combination. I love it!

Just FYI Indy is racing the Glen this Sunday. Tune in after Monza, should be a great race.
If effin Band TV decide to show it I'll certainly watch it.

I didn't either and I ran it twice after restarting the season.
You got to season two or you really restarted, and why? =o

Verstappen will continue driving with the Orange helmet he had in Spa for the rest of the season, the teams and FIA granted him a request to change the colors of his helmet another time (he already changed them when he switched to RBR, and you're only allowed one change a season normally).

57c08d5c978c089ca70496d5a3843e5a074b6c01236dc.jpg
Good! All Red Bull drivers kind of look the same. The orange is distinctive. I like it!

Wow that looks good.
PC, right?

This screenshot is downsampled, but I play with a 19" screen that's up to whooping 1440 x 900p of resolution. That's how I normally play. I did that specially because this game looks worse on replays than in game, I have no idea why. So I bumped the resolution to get rid of the aliasing that is not so apparent during gameplay, but is during replays. People here are not so cool with ugly screenshots, so...

What's the verdict on F1 2016? I'm kind of tempted to pick it up so that I have a casual racing game to play on the fly, but the last one I bought was F1 2010 and that was nothing short of abysmal.
In my opinion, it's great!

I will hold you personally responsible if this is not the case :) I'll have to pick it up this year then, thanks :)

Really sad to see Massa retire, F1 won't be the same without him but he's had a great career.
What saddens me is the fact that people here (I'm also Brazilian, so I know it very well) see this guy as a joke. We had a sequence of Fittipaldi, Piquet and Senna, and then it seems that every Brazilian driver the gets there must be a champion, or else he's seen as a joke. You know the type... people that only root for the winners. People used to LOVE Formula 1 in the past, but now is just a meaningless boring thing with cars running in circles. Bunch of fucktards...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Not entirely expected. Massa's had a pretty good career, although him barely losing the championship to Lewis must've hurt.

I'd like to see Button involved in F1 in some capacity after his driving retirement though.

legbone

Button to Williams and Vandoorne to McLaren, probably.

Personally I would prefer both Button and Vandoorne at McLaren but Alonso's not going anywhere so this would be my second choice.

edit: And don't get me wrong, I love Alonso and Button. I just think McLaren will right the ship and come back strong some day. While Williams will too, I just like McLaren a touch better these days.

legbone

Perez apparently has an offer from Williams too but he looks likely to go to Renault.

Damn, is it just me, or does that seem like a step down at the moment. I know historically speaking it isn't but Renault is flat out sucking this year.

tomtom94

Damn, is it just me, or does that seem like a step down at the moment. I know historically speaking it isn't but Renault is flat out sucking this year.

Renault is sucking because Lotus struggled so hard last year they barely designed this year's car. Next year they're almost definitely going to be in better shape.

legbone

Renault is sucking because Lotus struggled so hard last year they barely designed this year's car. Next year they're almost definitely going to be in better shape.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I like Renault generally.

edit: i generally like most of the f1 teams. I'm always rooting for the underdog (except for my next statement of course). I love Ferrari though. And I hate Mercedes. Just the way it is. I was completely conflicted when Kimi was racing for McLaren (back when they were basically Mercedes' factory team).

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Was it confirmed whether JA was going back to Enstone?

nekkid

Sky is reporting that Nasr is most likely to replace Massa as it will ensure continuation of the Brazilian sponsorship. It also means Massa's engineer doesn't need to learn a new name.

Apparently Button is less enthused by the idea of going back to Williams.

nekkid

But he's so funny and others can't tell him what to do. Best driver ever.

Kimi says thing, people say: "what an awesome guy - I'll buy my kids a hat with his name on"
Anybody else says same thing, people say: "what a cunt"

Burai

shitonmychest57
Sky is reporting that Nasr is most likely to replace Massa as it will ensure continuation of the Brazilian sponsorship. It also means Massa's engineer doesn't need to learn a new name.

That's never stopped Jenson signing contracts with them before.

DD

Perez apparently has an offer from Williams too but he looks likely to go to Renault.

With Kimi's renewal, Perez is the key to the drivers market this time.

Nasr is said to have left a good impression when he was a reserve driver at Williams. But as far as I know, Petrobras' sponsorship doesn't estipulate a Brazilian driver for the team. In fact, Petrobras is looking to sign with Toro Rosso, because they want to provide fuel for a team, but they actually never managed to produce a fuel that's better than Petronas'. They won't leave Williams for that, tho. And Petrobras to Toro Rosso might seem like a little push for Sergio Sette Câmara to get one of their seats in the future.

On the other hand, Banco do Brasil announced some time ago that they won't continue with Sauber, and that they were reevaluating their options. If they're with Sauber because of Nasr, this could be the answer. Banco do Brasil is moving to Williams with Nasr.

But what has been said as rumors in the Brazilian press recently is that Nasr was looking for a seat at Renault, but Renault wanted Massa for his experience in developing a car, but his paycheck was higher than they were willing to pay.

EDIT: It's also said that with Vandoorne going to McLaren, Button might land at Williams, and Massa could move to Renault, but that didn't happen.

Had to completley re-install, it managed to delete the input configuration from my wheel.

Oh, weird... =o

What wheel are you using?

Re: Button and Williams, I'm pretty sure I recall Webber saying over the weekend that he expects we'll known Button's plans at the end of the month (August). So that could just about line up with this, and we'll get confirmation of Button tomorrow-ish.

I certainly don't see Stoffel ending up at Williams though - what would be in it for them? He might be shit hot, but they know they'd have no chance of holding on for him for more than a year or two.

DD

Re: Button and Williams, I'm pretty sure I recall Webber saying over the weekend that he expects we'll known Button's plans at the end of the month (August). So that could just about line up with this, and we'll get confirmation of Button tomorrow-ish.

I certainly don't see Stoffel ending up at Williams though - what would be in it for them? He might be shit hot, but they know they'd have no chance of holding on for him for more than a year or two.

I don't see McLaren holding him without a seat for one more year, specially after Toto saying that if McLaren won't find him a car, he will.

tomtom94

Contract. And it was 2000. And it was his debut year in F1. Completely different scenario of a rookie entering F1 than a 16 year veteran.

Wasn't there also the whole business in the middle of his career where he wanted to go to Williams but was contracted to BAR, then wanted to stay at BAR but was contracted to Williams?

Fox Mulder

Renault has a lotus shitbox car built in decaying underfunded facilities. It takes time to build up, but they'll be good if Renault puts in the money.

Their engine is already way better this year pushing the Redbulls past Ferrari.

nekkid

Renault has a lotus shitbox car built in decaying underfunded facilities. It takes time to build up, but they'll be good if Renault puts in the money.

Their engine is already way better this year pushing the Redbulls past Ferrari.

I've visited a number of F1 factories with work, and Enstone is far from the worst. Even compared to some you wouldn't expect.

MTC is the best, though. But they're housing F1 and automotive.

Yagami_Sama

Williams should be short on money to sign Nasr , I think that there are better options for them.

Button said once that if it was to drive for McLaren he will retire from F1, I think that he said that last year, no sure when. With Vandoorne and Alonso been the drivers for next season, who would be the third driver ? Not sure if Button would accept that, or who McLaren may “promote” ? Nyck de Vries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom