• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Thanks guys. I bought it.

Of course, the first race I play, it's raining. Standing start, no 5-6 laps behind the pace car. I'm getting a refund for lack of realism.

Xirj

Man, if they get rid of the Montreal race I will be so pissed! Its seriously one of the best tracks of the season.

Is it because the Montreal government doesn't want to support it? When I was at the 2014 race, I remember they announced some really long term extension (~10 years) with F1 to host it at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

DD

I swear, I think everyone I know got rain in Australia.

I didn't. D:

It was just cloudy, but no rain:

391040_20160828120314xis88.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
At least we will have Monza till 2019

Congratulations! You have the difficulty level set perfectly. Not an easy feat. :p

Tyre tests on the gamepad with stock Manor are absolute nightmare. At least in Australia, where I simply gave up. It is a bit better in Bahrain though :)

legbone

At least we will have Monza till 2019

Tyre tests on the gamepad with stock Manor are absolute nightmare. At least in Australia, where I simply gave up. It is a bit better in Bahrain though :)

I was talking about the fact that you are actually running where a Manor should (struggling that is). It's just a joke about how hard it is to find the right difficulty to race with. I'm running on hard and getting top ten finishes regularly in a Renault. If i bump it up to the next one I can't pass a single test besides the first one where you get acclimated to the track. They really should implement a slider as mentioned in the game's OT. Or maybe here. Can't remember.

And scorcher, you are right. Damn tracks are all ending up so alike with a few outliers. I gotta say though, Baku is one amazing track. It's like the best of new school and old school (there's a castle for fuck's sake).

And DD, thanks for the pic. This game really looks good in my opinion. Nice helmet by the way, I went with boring black and yellow (die hard steeler fan here). And the reflections in it are gorgeous.

dalin80

Banned
So if I'm looking at the table correctly last weekend saw the elimination of all drivers up to Massa from the championship and this weekend could remove everyone up to and including Bottas.

I know it's only a two horse race anyway but the stat whore in me always likes following the end of season run down.

ramparter

Banned
Talking about stupid moves and errors will lead us nowhere. Max did a controversial move and justified it because of the Ferraris ruining his race. Yeah fuck this shit. Sooner or later he will have to face the consequences of his character.

Aiii

So not worth it
Verstappen will continue driving with the Orange helmet he had in Spa for the rest of the season, the teams and FIA granted him a request to change the colors of his helmet another time (he already changed them when he switched to RBR, and you're only allowed one change a season normally).

57c08d5c978c089ca70496d5a3843e5a074b6c01236dc.jpg

Verstappen will continue driving with the Orange helmet he had in Spa for the rest of the season, the teams and FIA granted him a request to change the colors of his helmet another time (he already changed them when he switched to RBR, and you're only allowed one change a season normally).

let the kids have fun.

Ark

That looks awesome from the top.

What's the verdict on F1 2016? I'm kind of tempted to pick it up so that I have a casual racing game to play on the fly, but the last one I bought was F1 2010 and that was nothing short of abysmal.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
His response was perfectly fine. Ironically, you're the one who seems to be overreacting by calling people who disagree with you comparable to "crazies who would stab you in real life".

If you can't refute what he says then just admit it and move on, rather than accusing him of attacking you personally when he isn't doing that at all.

dude, It was fine until he threw the "sim racing" jab back at me along with suppositions of what "people like me" would hide into when deaths occur. It was not fine nor do I care really. Just baffled how your brain wraps talk like that into a "perfectly fine discussion" when talk like that actually evolves into personal vendettas as evidenced in all of neogaf. Respect breeds respect. Harsh discussions wont.

Nothing to refute. Its opinions. Just stay classy Is all i ask if people are decent enough to be it. this is not a drunk pub

cheers

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't imagine they would hold a press conference for a retirement, would they?

Why not? A veteran retiring is a big deal. Or maybe he joins the staff.

I don't see why they would hold a press conference for an extension, either, tbh.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Why not? A veteran retiring is a big deal. Or maybe he joins the staff.

I don't see why they would hold a press conference for an extension, either, tbh.

Yeah that seems more likely to me. He's retiring, but moving into another role.

Greenymac

That looks awesome from the top.

What's the verdict on F1 2016? I'm kind of tempted to pick it up so that I have a casual racing game to play on the fly, but the last one I bought was F1 2010 and that was nothing short of abysmal.

F1 2016 is fucking legit man. Loving the game. If youre an F1 fan, this game is for you.

Ark

F1 2016 is fucking legit man. Loving the game. If youre an F1 fan, this game is for you.

I will hold you personally responsible if this is not the case :) I'll have to pick it up this year then, thanks :)

Really sad to see Massa retire, F1 won't be the same without him but he's had a great career.

xrnzaaas

Well it's always sad to hear about older drivers reitiring, but we'll probably have both Button and Vandoorne on the grid next year. :)

legbone

Just FYI Indy is racing the Glen this Sunday. Tune in after Monza, should be a great race.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't usually watch IRL. Maybe the Indy 500 on occasion. Don't normally like oval track racing unless it's dirt track at the amateur/semi-pro level. Bomber class (at least that's what they called it when I was in high school 25 years ago or so, it's the lowest level of dirt track racing) is hilarious and so fun to watch. Some of those rednecks think they are in NASCAR or something. I guess for them it kind of it since for some of them it's the highest they will ever get. I swear some of them would slap their cars together with bailing wire and duct tape (southern engineering) and sometimes the cars would be falling apart on the first lap and get black flagged and have to come in. I saw a guy from one of the driver's pit crew get in a fight with one of the officials over this. Hell, i saw so many fights at Midway (in Lebanon, MO). When I first moved to AR in high school about 25 years ago, I lived about an hour from the birthplace of Mark Martin (he was born in Batesville, AR). They eat, breathe, and sleep NASCAR. Part of the reason I'm turned off by it. They always made fun of me for watching Formula One and called it (and pardon the expression) "Fag One". I told them I liked watching cars that turned right once in a while. And they argued that the NASCAR cars would eat Formula One cars for breakfast. It wasn't much fun moving there from the real world.

And I second the notion of "come on vandoorne". He's the hero we need to deal with Maxi. OK, maybe that's a little much, but I was very impressed by him in his F1 debut.

Staab

Bit sad to see him go, a pretty good driver with a great mentality.
He was on a downward slope and Williams is slumping again so I can't blame him.
Looking forward to seeing who replaces him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom