• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think everyone agrees he shouldn't make such comments out of respect of the deceased's family.

He shouldn't show any respect for Villeneuve, though, guy has been shitting on Max for three years straight, so fuck him.

They really need to send Max to some media training though. He especially needs to learn that:
1. Comments when written down come across way harsher than you intend them when spoken.
2. Comments when written down are never forgotten.
3. Reporters are not your friends.

That said, there is something to be said to the fact that he's 18 and some of his witty snapbacks are gonna be rough regardless of how much training you give him. You don't want to neuter him too much.

Aiii

So not worth it
There are people on here defending that comment?

Wow.

One people can sort of be interpreted as defending him. If you consider "I want to watch him be an asshole because I find that entertaining" defending the comment itself, sure.

Theorry

Shame news sites just leave out a sentence wich changes the whole comment to have some clicks.

Full comment.

The NOS has left out the final sentence. The full remark is:
,,Villeneuve moet eerst maar eens naar zichzelf kijken en wat hij in zijn loopbaan heeft gedaan. Hij heeft zelf iemand doodgereden . Dan vind ik zo’n uitspraak niet erg respectvol naar de familie van die overledene.’’

Villeneuve should first look at himself and what he did during his career. He killed someone, so I find such a statement disrespectful to the family of the deceased.

So I think, but thats my interpretation, he meant to say: "Don't go around make accusations I'll kill someone when there has been an unfortunate death in your own past and this remarks could hurt the feelings of the deceased family"

Shame news sites just leave out a sentence wich changes the whole comment to have some clicks.

Full comment.

Still makes Max an idiot. Still an asshole statement. Max doesn't give a shit about respect for the deceased, especially when he's ironically using their death to defend why hell happily risk more deaths of a similar nature with his defending style.

Especially when the circumstances of Jaques crash were that he crashed into the back of another car going 185mph on a straight, launching his car into the air, an eventuality Max seems happy to risk every time he defends on a high speed straight. Ring any bells?

There was a lesson for Max to learn there, if he wasn't being such a dick. Only he can decide whether he learns from someone else's mistake or decides to have his own to learn from. Might not be today or tomorrow, but luck doesn't last forever.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
He shouldn't show any respect for Villeneuve, though, guy has been shitting on Max for three years straight, so fuck him.

To be honest, my first thought was that if one commentator in F1 should be able to take it because he dishes out such comments all the time himself, it's Villeneuve.

Still not a great thing to say, though...

Aiii

So not worth it
To be honest, my first thought was that if one commentator in F1 should be able to take it because he dishes out such comments all the time himself, it's Villeneuve.

Still not a great thing to say, though...

The latter goes without saying. But that's where his age shows, I suppose.

chadskin

Still makes Max an idiot. Still an asshole statement. Max doesn't give a shit about respect for the deceased, when he's using their death to defend why hell happily risk deaths of a similar nature with his driving style.

Especially when the circumstances of Jaques crash were that he crashed into the back of another car going 185mph on a straight, an eventuality Max seems happy to risk every time he defends on a high speed straight. Ring any bells?

There was a lesson for Max to learn there, if he wasn't being such a dick. Only he can decide whether he learns from someone else's mistake or decides to have his own to learn from. Might not be today or tomorrow, but luck doesn't last forever.

Agreed. That additional sentence changes nothing.

Theorry

Still makes Max an idiot. Still an asshole statement. Max doesn't give a shit about respect for the deceased, especially when he's ironically using their death to defend why hell happily risk more deaths of a similar nature with his defending style.

Especially when the circumstances of Jaques crash were that he crashed into the back of another car going 185mph on a straight, launching his car into the air, an eventuality Max seems happy to risk every time he defends on a high speed straight. Ring any bells?

Hmm dont see it that way really.

Hmm dont see it that way really.

Max did not bring up the family of the deceased, or the deceased to respect them, he was having a dig at Villeneuve for having a dig at him.

But when you actually think about the circumstances in which Jaques crash happened, contact with the rear of another car at high speed, then think about the fact that Max already admitted he "blocked" Kimi for personal reasons, creating the circumstances for the exact same type of crash to happen that ended up with someone dead, what the hell is his point even?

Jaques: If Max keeps doing this, someone can end up dead.

Max: You shouldn't talk, because when you crashed into the back of someone at high speed, it caused a death.

Jaques:......that's kind of the poi-

Max: You're being disrespectful to talk about it when you caused a death yourself.

Press: So will you stop blocking other drivers and potentially causing that same type of crash like what you did to Kimi in Spa?

Max: No, I will not change. I would rather run them off the road than to let them pass. They ruined my race!

Okay_wtf_reaction.gif

Jackiechanwtf.jpg

Business

Great for the yellow press but someone with sense should advise Verstappen better. That remark is evil and absolutely unfair.

Tekniqs

"He is still young .... He will learn... Give him some time..."

or he really is just an idiot

this type of excuse shouldn't be used for professionals. I'm not a huge follower of f1 but I'm assuming Max has been racing since he was a little kid right? he should know better by now

Nelson Piquet has 3 WDCs and was/is an enormous dick.

Yes Piquet went as far as to punch someone on track but I can't remember him or anyone else call out an ex-driver for the death of a marshall 15 years after the fact.
At this point you are basically looking for insults to throw.
Will he now call Ralf a murderer as well? He was involved in that crash as well.

Zeknurn

this type of excuse shouldn't be used for professionals. I'm not a huge follower of f1 but I'm assuming Max has been racing since he was a little kid right? he should know better by now

The problem is that Red Bull and his father encourages his behavior. Why should he stop when jealous outsiders are telling him that he's wrong?

Theorry

From Will Buxton. lol.

15 years ago exactly the same confrontation took place between Villeneuve and Montoya. Again over the topic of blocking. Again with Villeneuve saying Montoya was going to kill somebody. JPM's alleged response, as he reputedly held JV up against the wall by his throat, was almost word for word what Max said yesterday.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
JPM is an idiot too, still love him losing it on the camera man in the paddock.

Another thing with the Villeneuve crash it was a million in one chance that the tire went through that gap in the fence.

Another thing with the Villeneuve crash it was a million in one chance that the tire went through that gap in the fence.
"Ja, You bwoke my foooking head." Seeing this woman he was with trying to talk him down from beating the guy up was just funny.

DD

Isn't Piquet still an enormous dick though? I wonder if Mansell still hates him. I still hate how their shit talking of each other is still over shadowed by Senna and Prost.

Back in 2013 when Ford was bringing the New Fusion (Mondeo in Europe) they brought them both to Brazil to shoot a campaign. They were given a car each and were set to race each other. I'll let the cars answer your question:

Ford-Fusion-Pique-x-Mansell+(3).jpg

Ford-Fusion-Pique-x-Mansell+(2).jpg

Here's the whole campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5fm1QOlU1Q

SporTV channel used the opportunity to interview then both together. It starts in Portuguese, but is just the first few seconds, for introduction. Then they start speaking English so Nigel could follow:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AkKWJOpBR0
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTeeWtGm4-I
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0htaZxj6Hk
Part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbyLRy4h2U8

Nelson is really lovely when he speaks about Senna, haha!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

That's always the case. In today's cars, drivers (and marshals) would likely get out of a high-speed crash unharmed or only mildly injured. It's the outlier cases that make it dangerous, because they inevitably happen at some point.

Back in 2013 when Ford was bringing the New Fusion (Mondeo in Europe) they brought them both to Brazil to shoot a campaign. They were given a car each and were set to race each other. I'll let the cars answer your question:

Ford-Fusion-Pique-x-Mansell+(3).jpg

Ford-Fusion-Pique-x-Mansell+(2).jpg

Here's the whole campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5fm1QOlU1Q

SporTV channel used the opportunity to interview then both together. It starts in Portuguese, but is just the first few seconds, for introduction. Then they start speaking English so Nigel could follow:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AkKWJOpBR0
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTeeWtGm4-I
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0htaZxj6Hk
Part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbyLRy4h2U8

Nelson is really lovely when he speaks about Senna, haha!
Lol fucking Piquet hit him with a fucking pit maneuver. I'm not surprised Mansell really doesn't talk to him. Piquet did call his wife ugly.

He also used to call Nigel of "fast dumbass". Such a lovely chap... xD
Nelson is a selfish arrogant person, but the history of F1 would be too boring without him. He's pretty much essential to the history of the sport. Though I do think he's calmed down...sort of as he got older, though oddly enough I could still picture the guy throwing hands on the track..or roadside.

Am I missing something here? Is there an overwhelming opinion that Villeneuve killed someone? I don't understand how he could possibly be blamed for what was essentially a really unlucky result of a racing accident.

DD

Nelson is a selfish arrogant person, but the history of F1 would be too boring without him. He's pretty much essential to the history of the sport. Though I do think he's calmed down...sort of as he got older, though oddly enough I could still picture the guy throwing hands on the track..or roadside.

Well, he got rid of Flavio Briatore for us, so he has some points in my book.

hamchan

I do admit I'm entertained by Max. He's quickly slotted himself into the villain/heel role that makes him easy for people to hate. What a change when everyone seemed super happy when he first moved up to Red Bull. What a turn.

Also my boy Danny Ric also shows emotion without being a robot. The man did a shoey on the podium because he's a sick cunt. Then forced Webber to do it. This is the ultimate face of F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom