• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrari doing glory runs at home again, smh.

7KD5dZ5.jpg

legbone

Kimi says thing, people say: "what an awesome guy - I'll buy my kids a hat with his name on"
Anybody else says same thing, people say: "what a cunt"

You can pretty much get away with anything short of a racist/sexist rant when you are THAT DAMN COOL.

DD

Williams return for Button unlikely

"If Jenson had been banging the door down, Williams would have welcomed him," a team source told The Times.

"It was a perfect fit and they would have loved to see him back. But he has taken too long making a decision and things have moved on. He seems to be hanging on for another year at McLaren," the unnamed source added.

Oh! =o

Italian GP: Max Verstappen given 'gentle warning' by FIA

Max Verstappen has been given a "gentle warning" about his driving in the wake of his controversial behaviour in the Belgian Grand Prix.

FIA F1 director Charlie Whiting called in Verstappen for a discussion on Friday ahead of the Italian Grand Prix.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said Whiting had told Verstappen he risked disqualification.

"Charlie was keen to show him a video of Spa. It was a gentle warning," Horner said.

The meeting follows a series of aggressive defensive moves by Verstappen this season which has led to complaints form some drivers - in particular Verstappen's late move in defence against Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen at the Belgian Grand Prix.

Horner, speaking to Sky, said Verstappen had been warned he could receive a black and white flag for such behaviour in future.

The black and white flag is shown to a driver who is considered to be guilty of unsportsmanlike behaviour.

It is shown only once before a black flag meaning disqualification if the driver does not change his behaviour.

DD

It had better fucking not be.

I swear to Senna if Stoffel misses another year of F1 due to old has-beens being unable to move on, I will riot.

Well, Toto said that he will find Vandoorne a seat if McLaren fail with that. Both seats at Manor are taken by Mecedes' drivers, but if Perez is really going to Renault, this means that that seat at Force India is open, which is powered by a Mercedes Engine.

DD

Now imagine if Williams decide do sign with Lance Stroll. He, Mad Max and Guti together on track... :D We'll miss Maldonado, I guess...

Juicy Bob

Oh Max. I tried so hard to like you...

"Hij moet een beetje opletten met zijn uitspraken dat er iemand doodgaat, want hij heeft zelf iemand doodgereden", verwees Verstappen naar de crash van de Canadees in 2001 in Melbourne, waarbij een marshall achter de hekken omkwam nadat hij door brokstukken van Villeneuve's bolide was geraakt.

Verstappen: "He (Villeneuve) should watch his language when he says I might kill someone, cause he killed someone himself in Melbourne 2001"

DD

The KID is 18 and actually entertaining. Don't pretend F1 hasn't been an absolute snoozefest the last few years.

Can't argue with that. I guess every story needs a villain. Paradoxical that the coolest guy on the grid is sitting on the car on his side. :D

What a prick....no wonder Sainz couldn't get along with him, the guy is an entitled, arrogant, ignorant, immature piece of crap.

Here is a description of the incident:

The accident happened on a fast stretch of the Albert Park track when Jacques Villeneuve in his BAR collided with the rear of Ralf Schumacher's Williams. The BAR car launched itself into the air and flew for almost 100 yards before hitting the barrier causing debris to fly in all directions as the car slid along the ground. A wheel struck the volunteer marshal, as it found a gap in the fence, and seven spectators were slightly injured. The cars were travelling at 185mph as they were going towards turn three.

Hey Max, maybe he's trying to tell you something here about the dangers of cars crashing into the back of others on high speed straights?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Now imagine if Williams decide do sign with Lance Stroll. He, Mad Max and Guti together on track... :D We'll miss Maldonado, I guess...

Stroll has been much better this year. Or perhaps it's because the F3 field is much smaller than last year's and less collisions are likely. That said, he probably needs another year or two in GP3/GP2 before we see him in F1.

DD

Stroll has been much better this year. Or perhaps it's because the F3 field is much smaller than last year's and less collisions are likely. That said, he probably needs another year or two in GP3/GP2 before we see him in F1.

I know. The boys is fast, but he's also on a dominant team. I wonder if he really learned his lesson or is just a case of him staying far from the rest of the field. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom