• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Strong 5th place for Ferrari. And only one car had problems. Marchionne will be very satisfied with having the third-fastest car. What a success 2016 has been for them so far.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
SC is guaranteed

Strong 5th place for Ferrari. And only one car had problems. Marchionne will be very satisfied with having the third-fastest car. What a success 2016 has been for them so far.

2018 will be their year! Paddy Lowe + Lewis the #blessed coming to Maranello
Need to launch that rumor somehow

Zaru

Nico has a real chance of turning the WDC around again and putting the pressure on Hamilton this weekend.

Didn't expect that after Hamilton's post-Spain momentum.

Tubie

lmao

At least Ferrari is very consistent on their yearly collapse, regardless of drivers or who's in charge.

spuckthew

Hamilton has just been slow and experienced weird hydraulic problems. Rosberg has been very dominant admittedly, but it really is a weekend to take on the chin for Hamilton.

Saying that, there's still a race yet.

Line_HTX

So Baku cats, Montreal seagulls and Singapore lizards.
I'm just waiting for the inevitable cow to cross onto the Red Bull Ring.

Any footage of this Baku cat?

OT3D2RS.gif

The most appropriate gif for Ferrari this year. Damn...

:(

I'm a Channel 4 peasant, so only just getting up to speed with the qualifying. Not the most exciting session. The poor start in Italy has piled the pressure on Lewis, it seems.

h3ro

"Paddy Lowe says you only have one set of SS tyres"

"No we have two"

"Oh, mmm, mmm"

BTW, Paddy actually said they have only one pair of softs...
Every time I hear Damon speak I can't help but feel he's the Trent Dilfer of F1 pundits.

Those who follow the NFL will get the reference.

Zeknurn

And once more, Rosberg isn't going to get the credit he deserves for out-qualifying his team mate and taking pole.

Rosberg only got pole because Hamilton gifted it to him/there was something wrong with his car.

etc.

@adamcooperF1
Looks like VET is going ahead with a power unit change. It would be his 6th V6, turbo and MGU-H, in effect with no penalty as he is 22nd

@tgruener
Ferrari will not only change the power unit but also the gearbox on Vettels car. #AMuS #SingaporeGP

Almost a complete new car for Vettel.

kiyomi

Hahahaha.

Have a feeling I will be asleep 30 minutes after the race starts. Modern boring F1 + Singapore's no passing circuit - Singapore's pretty lights and city can only keep my attention for so long. The early morning US start doesn't help either.

Yeah, I have no idea why people think this track is interesting. It's not a proper night race and the circuit itself is long, tedious and slow. With a SC and the race pace of 2016 F1 cars, we'll be getting close to the 2 hour limit.

Anyway, I hope we do actually get a decent race. I'm praying that Rosberg makes a bad start because I think that's the only way we get something interesting.

norinrad

Lewis is choking, burden of being #blessed is too much for his shoulders

Lewis should stop visiting fashion shows and hanging out with Kanye, he can do that after retirement. Just concentrate on Racing Lewis, just look at Tiger, you cannot hang out with Barkley and play topnotch golf at the same time.

kmag

Rosberg is going to have a terrible start and Hamilton will take the lead. Book it.

Yeah, you'd think it's pretty much Rosbergs turn for the weird merc start gremlins. Would probably be a more interesting race if both mercs bogged down at the start which isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

kmag

Yeah, you'd think it's pretty much Rosbergs turn for the weird merc start gremlins. Would probably be a more interesting race if both mercs bogged down at the start which isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Rosberg complaining about the clutch "underengaging" on the practice starts.

kmag

A lot of things could happen. It doesn't mean they will happen. There's a lot of evidence from the last 2 years that says that Lewis having a good time off the track hasn't impacted on his ability to win titles. In fact, for all know it might help him.

He's in an absolute rocket ship and his only real opponent is a bit of a mental midget when the pressure is on. He could be snorting coke of hookers arsecheeks literally two seconds before jumping into the car for a formation lap and he'd still have won the last two championships.

Outside of the shitty pay drivers everyone could win titles in that rocket ship. It isn't even like the powerful Red Bull cars which kind of sucked in dirty air - see Webber's struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom