• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 10 teams get those 130 million, and you add win bonuses on top of that, that puts the FOM expenses to the teams at about double of the (just under) 1 billion it spends on price money now, though.

I don't think you need to go that far, teams have their own income, after all. If you give them a nice baseline of about 80 million per team (which is the entire 2015 Manor budget, FYI) and use the remaining 200 million as price bonuses, that should mean only the top 4 teams will actually lose money compared to the current situation, maybe the top 5 depending on how Williams performs (they got 111m in 2015).

OK, but I don't think anyone would disagree that the teams should get a bigger piece of the pie than they do currently. As it is the owners are siphoning off billions while most teams lose money.

Plus, they could use the increased payments as a carrot for increased control of the rules.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alex Zanardi got gold at handcycling at the paralympics today.

14372437_1132991136779199_8617954062791925122_o.jpg

What an inspiration.

Jezbollah

I'd say Zanardi has achieved greater things inspiring others after his almost fatal crash than he did in his racing career. He's someone truly special.

NHale

Spanish press are saying Sainz has agreed to join Renault (Renault-RBR are discussing the terms to release Sainz, probably cheaper engines for RBR and STR).

Also Felipe Nasr is the most likely candidate to join him at Renault.

Zeknurn

Spanish press are saying Sainz has agreed to join Renault (Renault-RBR are discussing the terms to release Sainz, probably cheaper engines for RBR and STR).

While I'm glad to see that Sainz is moving up, Renault dropping KMag for Nasr would be a great shame.

Fisico

Renault kinda seem like desperate in their search of new drivers, they should try to get Ralf Schumacher heard he is still interested !

Getting a good driver to drive for you doesn't seem desperate to me, it seems like a smart decision.

But they're just fishing at the same level as Magnussen. Granted none of the real stars are available, but they would have been far better off going all in for someone like Bottas.

DD

While I'm glad to see that Sainz is moving up, Renault dropping KMag for Nasr would be a great shame.

Why? Nasr beat the shit out of him in the same car/team team back in Formula 3 some years ago, winning the championship with 6 races yet to go.

Fisico

Why? Nasr beat the shit out of him in the same car/team team back in Formula 3 some years ago, winning the championship with 6 races yet to go.

Just took a quick look, Nasr finished ahead of him with the same number of victories less poles, same number of fastest laps and won the championship with two race week-end to go in his second year in the championship while it was Magnussen's rookie year.

So yeah.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Just took a quick look, Nasr finished ahead of him with the same number of victories less poles, same number of fastest laps and won the championship with two race week-end to go in his second year in the championship while it was Magnussen's rookie year.

So yeah.

Pfft. Context is overrated.

DD

So yeah.
So what? 81 points ahead, both driving for the same team. And there's 3 races per weekend. There was still 6 races to go, all counting points, and he already had the cup. Kmag was a rookie that year (2011) in the British Formula 3, but he did the German Formula 3 and some Euro Formula 3 races in 2010. He wasn't new in that area either.

Fisico

So what? 81 points ahead, both driving for the same team. And there's 3 races per weekend. There was still 6 races to go, all counting points, and he already had the cup. Kmag was a rookie that year (2011) in the British Formula 3, but he did the German Formula 3 and some Euro Formula 3 races in 2010. He wasn't new in that area either.

I know all of that and I honestly don't care whether Nasr is better than Magnussen or the opposite.

I just presented the same information as you in a different way, neither are false, seeing your reaction I guess you should understand how some could react the same way you did to your way of presenting what happened that year.

DD

I know all of that and I honestly don't care whether Nasr is better than Magnussen or the opposite.

I just presented the same information as you in a different way, neither are false, seeing your reaction I guess you should understand how some could react the same way you did to your way of presenting what happened that year.

Sorry, I should have left the "the shit out of" out of the sentence, specially quoting Zeknurn, one of the coolest guys in this board. Sounds aggressive when I was just trying to sound informal. I just don't think that Kmag is that great and, to be honest, neither is Nasr or Sains. My opinion... :p

Aiii

So not worth it
Sorry, I should have left the "the shit out of" out of the sentence, specially quoting Zeknurn, one of the coolest guys in this board. Sounds aggressive when I was just trying to sound informal. I just don't think that Kmag is that great and, to be honest, neither is Nasr or Sains. My opinion... :p

Sainz is the best out of that group, but he's not on RIC's or Max's level so he's never going to get a seat at RBR unless someone suddenly buys one of those two away from that team and I don't see them going unless Mercedes came calling anytime soon. He's right to want to move on and I think he's definitely a race winner. I guess he's more of a Rosberg than a Hamilton, but that's okay, because once in a blue moon the dice might just roll in your favor.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
If Sainz leaves, does that mean Kvyat gets to stay at Toro Rosso alongside Gasly? Can't think of another Red Bull Junior to replace Kvyat.

Zeknurn

Don't worry about it, I didn't read it as aggressive.

My knowledge of what these drivers accomplished before F1 is pretty much nill which means I judge them purely on what they do in their F1 seat. The reason I think it would be a great shame for KMag to lose his seat to Nasr is because KMag had several moments of brilliance in his rookie season at McLaren and it was shitty of them to almost end his career prematurely (In hindsight, they spared him from rotting in the McLaren Honda). I want to see him in a mid field car again before being sent off to Formula E or touring car. Where as Nasr hasn't stood out at all this season, he's on the same level as Ericsson.

I guess if Perez goes to Williams, KMag could go to Force India and Nasr to Renault. Everyone is happy except for Stroll.

edit: Except isn't Ocon pretty much locked for the second seat at Renault? Sainz+Ocon should be a strong lineup.

Massa would be a great addition to the Formula E line up. Make it happen.

If Sainz leaves, does that mean Kvyat gets to stay at Toro Rosso alongside Gasly? Can't think of another Red Bull Junior to replace Kvyat.

Most likely yes.

Zeknurn

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...ntender-to-replace-bernie-ecclestone-as-f1s/?

Carey and Liberty have started compiling a list of potential candidates to follow Ecclestone, who is 86 next month. It is expected they would split the job up into sporting and commercial roles.

Telegraph Sport understands one of the leading contenders for the sporting side is Martin Whitmarsh, the former team principal of McLaren and now chief executive of Ben Ainslie Racing. Ross Brawn, the ex-Ferrari and Mercedes boss, as well as Stefano Domenicali, another former team principal of Ferrari, are also in the frame.

Both Christian Horner and Toto Wolff, of Red Bull and Mercedes respectively, have been linked with a role in the past but it is likely both of these would be regarded as divisive choices when Liberty want to keep all the teams on side.

For the commercial role, Zak Brown, the founder of the world’s biggest sports marketing company and F1’s main sponsor finder, is thought to be the frontrunner. Alejandro Agag, the current chief executive of Formula E, also owned by John Malone’s Liberty, is under consideration as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom