• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

How is that even allowed? That's absolutely horrible, I would rather watch crappy illegal streams till the end of time than deal with shit like this.

That's why I won't watch the NBC broadcasts. Their show is already low budget as fuck, but they cut to commercials all the fucking time. Trash.

xrnzaaas

How is that even allowed? That's absolutely horrible, I would rather watch crappy illegal streams till the end of time than deal with shit like this.

It depends on what you're used to. In my country all races were shown live on a public network and with 0 commercials and it was like that for many years. Now they're on a paid network and with ad interruptions. Probably one of the reasons why their popularity is becoming marginal and most of us have to rely or streams or download the races to watch them later.

I missed the race but looking at the results and considering how Rosberg tends to do well in late season races, I think he has it in the bag this year.

A little late on this, but I'm really happy for him. While Hamilton is a better driver than him, he's not 3-0 better talent-wise when they are in direct competition. More like 2-1, 3-1. Making a poor comparison here, Nico isn't like the Barrichello to Hamilton's Schumacher, he's closer to being the Prost to Hamilton's Senna.

Chris R

They show the racing on the screen with the ad most of the time.

It isn't that bad really, and is better than what they could deliver for how big of a following F1 has in America. Every race live is better than only 3 or 4 races live and the rest tape delayed until Tuesday or whatever.

Looking forward to the day when Max Verstappen gets chopped in a braking zone or someone behind him refuses to move next time he decides to get cute.

VES needs to be stopped..

It's not just Hamilton who complained about him and it's reoccurring.. This is setting a very dangerous precedent

I don't know how some over here say that what he did was amazing.. It's so easy to do.. Just brake, wait for it, then move into the direction of the driver following you. It's dangerous, it's wrong, and there are rules against this kind of reckless driving

He needs to be rear-ended. Full stop. I wouldnt be surprised it its his teammate or a Ferrari that ends up doing it.

DBT85

With the changes being made for next season to have wider cars, wider and lower rear wings, wider front wings and wider front and rear tyres and wider diffusers, cars are expected to be lapping 3-5 seconds faster. Does anyone think it's going to make any difference to the actual racing?

The cars should have much higher apex speeds, so getting your line wrong should punish you much more than it does right now. But I can't see much else changing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
With the changes being made for next season to have wider cars, wider and lower rear wings, wider front wings and wider front and rear tyres and wider diffusers, cars are expected to be lapping 3-5 seconds faster. Does anyone think it's going to make any difference to the actual racing?

The cars should have much higher apex speeds, so getting your line wrong should punish you much more than it does right now. But I can't see much else changing.

They should have more mechanical grip allowing them to follow another car closer in dirty air, but the cars will probably still be too sensitive. We shall see.

Aiii

So not worth it
Supposedly chassis should make a bigger difference instead of engine power next year, so RB might be able to catch Merc regardless of Renault bhp. The token system being removed should also help equalize. I expect Merc dominance to finally end or be severely minimized next year.

f0rk

He needs to be rear-ended. Full stop. I wouldnt be surprised it its his teammate or a Ferrari that ends up doing it.

It'll be Ferrari. He's already admitted to driving safer when fighting Riccardo.

Hopefully Rosberg does it and gives Hamilton 25 points though.

Fox Mulder

Looking forward to the day when Max Verstappen gets chopped in a braking zone or someone behind him refuses to move next time he decides to get cute.

It worked for Senna tho..

Supposedly chassis should make a bigger difference instead of engine power next year, so RB might be able to catch Merc regardless of Renault bhp. The token system being removed should also help equalize. I expect Merc dominance to finally end or be severely minimized next year.

Mercedes has an amazing chassis too, their engine just gets much of the credit.

Line_HTX

This is what I have to deal with, unfortunately. It's been like this since NBC and NBCSN started airing F1 consistently.

Bare minimum there is side-by-side during commercials, but still, I wish it was like soccer.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It will be interesting to watch FPs on last four races, Mercedes already testing some parts that will be used on next year's car

RSP

BZJTjSa.jpg

I wouldn't bet on it.
Their dominance this year has probably made them start development for next year early.
They have the money to poach talent and the position of their factory isn't stopping people from joining like Ferrari.
At most RB may increase their cornering advantage a bit to make them ore competitive on the aero circuits.
I am more interested in seeing how much more open mid season development will help the teams next year.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
They show the racing on the screen with the ad most of the time.

It isn't that bad really, and is better than what they could deliver for how big of a following F1 has in America. Every race live is better than only 3 or 4 races live and the rest tape delayed until Tuesday or whatever.

If they want to do this, they should at least make the little box the race is on a little bigger. Most of the time, I DVR the races and I just FF over it.

NHale

So the Carlos Sainz revealed today at Spanish press that his son wanted to go to Renault and had everything already agreed with them which confirms last month rumors.

According to him RBR denied any approach from Renault even in return of 1-year free engines for both Red Bull teams but at the same time he expects that next year will be his son last year at STR. Either Red Bull promote him to the senior team or he's leave to go elsewhere (not what Horner is saying btw).

Right now it seems that Bottas will be stuck another year at Williams, Wehrlein goes to Force India and Hulkenberg will have Ocon or Magnussen as his teammate at Renault.

It seems like it's been happening for the last 3 years about the promise that "Next year silly season will be huge" but it seems like next year might very well happen.

There is turmoil at Ferrari and Vettel is not guaranteed to extend his deal that ends next year, which could leave 2 open spots at Ferrari. Hamilton could very well be in the mix and the cracks in the relationship are starting to appear like in 2008 at McLaren. Also if he wins at Ferrari unlike Alonso and Vettel, this would be a huge win in his CV of drivers of his era. This would free 1 place at Mercedes...

Everything seems on peace at RBR but if Verstappen dominates Ricciardo or if Marko starts favoring his new wonder boy, maybe Ricciardo bolts for Ferrari...

The first domino for anything massive to happen have to be Hamilton or Vettel. The Vettel one actually has already started moving after Arrivabene's interview last week.

spuckthew

Hamilton could very well be in the mix and the cracks in the relationship are starting to appear like in 2008 at McLaren.

Surely you mean 2012? The whole engine-blowout-while-leading thing proceeded by the social-media-shenanigans of this weekend felt ominously like how his relationship with McLaren broke down. I hope things don't get sour because I want him to fight back next year...though Hamilton winning in red would be something pretty special.

I could be wrong, but I think Hamilton expressed many times that he has no real desire to drive for Ferrari, unlike most other drivers.

I'm sure he'll take the option, if there's no better place for him, but I'm not seeing it as something that's definitely going to happen.

DBT85

I could be wrong, but I think Hamilton expressed many times that he has no real desire to drive for Ferrari, unlike most other drivers.

I'm sure he'll take the option, if there's no better place for him, but I'm not seeing it as something that's definitely going to happen.

He has said that several times.

And frankly, he'd be mad to jump to Ferrari, they've done nothing of note rather consistently for years now.

Fox Mulder

So VES has his reputation against him now? It wasn't that bad.

No it wasn't. If anything, Hamilton was stupid for taking the shot there. He was close and would have overtaken max on the next straight with drs. He should have known max was going to make that block.

Rosberg - Vettel would be ideal for Mercedes.

Mercedes has been putting their own young drivers in the grid, I don't see them going for vettel.

Vettel fucked up bolting from redbull after one bad year and now theyre clearly better than Ferrari. I could see him elbowing his way back in redbull before getting a merc seat.

Lewis to Ferrari is a huge lol.

Jezbollah

I can see Lewis going to Ferrari. It'll satisfy his ego until he faces the reality of Italian press and public expectation.

And I think that Mercedes will be happy to have a Rosberg/Wehrlein partnership.

Would hamilton go to ferrari after the well documented experienced failure that was Ferrari/Alonso and the rather underwhelming results of the current Ferrari/Vettel partnership? They change drivers yet they cant steady the course, why bother?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Also, I do not think that big boss Sergio would approve Lewis style of life with all the bling and #swag and all #blessed stuff

I can see Lewis going to Ferrari. It'll satisfy his ego until he faces the reality of Italian press and public expectation.

And I think that Mercedes will be happy to have a Rosberg/Wehrlein partnership.

I could see him going back to Mclaren within the next two or three years. As far as WDC goes, I think once he ties Vettel/Prost, he's more than happy to go drive for a developing team, and what better place to go than back where it all started.

I think if Hamilton somehow manages to win the wdc this year, Mercedes will be his last team. I think he will quit F1 and focus on being a celebrity instead.

NHale

I still think Vettel is a strong possibility to return to Red Bull especially if RBR can actually compete vs Mercedes next year like everyone seems to expect. Can you imagine how Helmut Marko would be with a Vettel-Max pairing?

Lewis in 2013:

"At the moment I can't see myself anywhere else because I'm really happy where I am," he told F1 Racing. "But what I can say is that throughout my racing career and through karting and everything Ferrari have always been one of the top teams and it's always a desire for any driver to drive for them.

I'm not saying he's going there but what seems clear after Arrivabene's statement is that Vettel-Ferrari pairing is not going to last unless next year car is a WDC contending car. You don't go publicly say that a 4-WDC driver has to earn a new contract on the track.

Shaneus

I still think Vettel is a strong possibility to return to Red Bull especially if RBR can actually compete vs Mercedes next year like everyone seems to expect. Can you imagine how Helmut Marko would be with a Vettel-Max pairing?
But Danny! I don't know where he'd go, I'd hate to see him not in a potentially WDC-winning car. And I can't see that being anywhere but RBR or Merc. Or McLaren
if Wax Free is reading this

hamchan

But Danny! I don't know where he'd go, I'd hate to see him not in a potentially WDC-winning car. And I can't see that being anywhere but RBR or Merc. Or McLaren
if Wax Free is reading this

Ferrari would want Ricciardo so I think he'll be fine but it would be a shame to see him never win a WDC.

Of course assuming Hamilton doesn't go there.

Aiii

So not worth it
So Gary Connelly, one of the stewards, was the only one out of the four stewards that wanted Verstappen investigated in Japan, and since he didn't get what he wanted he went to the Mercedes garage to encourage them to lodge the protest. Since Hamilton, Wolff and Lauda were already gone, Paddy Lowe then decided to make the protest. When Wolff found out, he had the protest rescinded (along with Hamilton speaking out against it on Twitter).

The FIA is allegedly not amused by this conduct by Connelly, so that's gonna be a fun soap opera in the coming weeks.

Aiii

So not worth it
Formula 1 Verified account
‏@F1
HEAD TO HEAD: 2016

WINS
RIC = 1
VES = 1

SECONDS
RIC = 4
VES = 4

THIRDS