• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom94

Haas confirmed that Gutierrez had brake issues, which lead to his retirement. So it doesn't seem to be Ferrari's fault after all.

"I was very happy with how the car was feeling, and I was managing my tires and fuel well.

"Unfortunately, we had an issue with the front brake and we felt we couldn't continue, so I had to retire.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/337665/brake-issue-led-to-gutierrez-retirement/

Might not be Ferrari's fault, but the fact Haas too can only get one car working is proof that at least they have been learning from the senior team's expertise.

Might not be Ferrari's fault, but the fact Haas too can only get one car working is proof that at least they have been learning from the senior team's expertise.

I don't think any team can build a Maldonado-proof car that would've survived the crash in Melbourne.

When will people stop parotting this biassss

Because it's easier to blame a single person than your favorite team/driver for not delivering consistent results that season. It was 2012 with Grosjean and 2010 with Petrov. None of these incidents would've made a difference, if the team would've been able to deliver better results throughout the season.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes should get Manor their extra aggressive engine mode. Alonso would probably lost it when Manor would pass him

Scottify

Did y'all happen to see these gems from Bernie? He really dislikes the drivers I tell ya.

Road & Track

"What sort of interest do they have, the drivers, other than taking money out of the sport?" Ecclestone said. "I've never seen one of them put one dollar in, you go to dinner with them and they don't even pay the bill. They shouldn't even be allowed to talk. They should get in the car and drive it."

"I know full well before I go to the race who's going to be first, who's going to be second and there's no racing that's going to happen anyway. So why would I want to sit in the bloody grandstand for with my wife and two kids or somebody else's wife, for what? To see what?"

f0rk

We go and watch because we are such big fans of you Bernie! We also hate the drivers, don't see the point of them.

Hasney

Fortunatley, there's a product for those that don't like drivers soon. Maybe Bernie should go there?

Actually, scrap that. I'm actually looking forward to Roborace.

Fox Mulder

If Haas is a customer team I want more customer teams, sorry Williams.

Yeah it's a great start for them and more fun than seeing shit like caterham or marussia putt around the track.

Teams like force India and Williams might be salty, but they have the best engine and are still disappointing.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Amazes me that F1 drivers don't get more shit for all the tax dodging they do, they lap up the fans attention and merchandise money but no one seems to care that most of them don't pay a penny of tax in the country they play the national anthem for.

I'd make them all drive under their official residence flags and play the Monaco national anthem at the end of every race.

Which to be fair is a pretty fun tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVHSPi03XU

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Is that different to what STR are running? If so, maybe the second best engine in the field is the 2015 Ferrari.

Haas is 2016, STR is 2015.

Amazes me that F1 drivers don't get more shit for all the tax dodging they do, they lap up the fans attention and merchandise money but no one seems to care that most of them don't pay a penny of tax in the country they play the national anthem for.

I'd make them all drive under their official residence flags and play the Monaco national anthem at the end of every race.

Which to be fair is a pretty fun tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVHSPi03XU

They are away from home 200 days of the year. Why should they have to pay taxes in their home country when they aren't even there most of the time? Might as well take residency somewhere else. Nobody likes paying taxes. Almost everybody in Rosbergs position would do the same when it's either 47.48 % taxes and lack of privacy for living in Germany or privacy and 16 % in Monaco.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Haas is 2016, STR is 2015.

They are away from home 200 days of the year. Why should they have to pay taxes in their home country when they aren't even there most of the time? Might as well take residency somewhere else. Nobody likes paying taxes. Almost everybody in Rosbergs position would do the same when it's either 47.48 % taxes and lack of privacy for living in Germany or privacy and 16 % in Monaco.

The 200 days away from home argument would be fair enough but for a couple of things:

1. Its the same deal for the rest of the team, do you think the pit crews get off shore accounts? I bet not, why do drivers get a special deal just because they earn so much more?

2. They literally drive under the countries flag, all the drivers make a massive deal of their 'home races', any time they win they play the anthem, really they are manipulating the fan base into thinking they are one of us, and that they love the fans, just not enough to pay what they should into the system. I'm really sorry you'll only get to take home €8 million of your €16 million annual salary but...oh wait no I'm not sorry that's still a stupid amount of money.

xrnzaaas

Being proud of where you were born and where your largest fanbase is one thing, giving away almost half of your earnings is something different. I'd do the same thing without any regrets.

Being proud of where you were born and where your largest fanbase is one thing, giving away almost half of your earnings is something different. I'd do the same thing without any regrets.

I give away almost half my earnings. Sadly it's somewhat more difficult for me to move to Monaco. :(

Ha, I have an accountant, but yeah, not really much that can be done about it.

At least not without taking risks I'd rather not take (you don't fuck with the taxman).

Aiii

So not worth it
Tax-man says that because I chose not to reproduce, get a spouse, or buy a house, I'm pretty much a milk cow and fuck you buddy, so don't feel too bad Psycho, I'm with ya.

olore

BE is really trying to undermine F1... for what? I don´t get the feeling that he ever opens his mouth without having an agenda

Mastah

CfR4DaTWEAAWy_c.jpg:large

Icefire1424

I'm really starting to wonder if Bernie is truly losing it. Yea, he's said and done some pretty off the wall things over the years, but this is legitimately starting to sound like dementia or something...

I'm really starting to wonder if Bernie is truly losing it. Yea, he's said and done some pretty off the wall things over the years, but this is legitimately starting to sound like dementia or something...

Yeah, I'm not convinced that it's some sort of advanced negotiation tactic any more. I think he's genuinely angry that he's lost control and he's spouting all sorts of bollocks to whoever will pay him any attention.

Icefire1424

Yeah, I'm not convinced that it's some sort of advanced negotiation tactic any more. I think he's genuinely angry that he's lost control and he's spouting all sorts of bollocks to whoever will pay him any attention.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. Less tactical, more paranoid ramblings.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I really do not know why Bernie is still around F1, he should sell his stake several years ago and retire. Money shouldn't be big issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom