• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long until Marchionne starts the slaughter?

Arrivabene admits Marchionne not happy as Ferrari frustrations mount

Glad to see Britney opening a gap, it will provide some drama later on.

Thought Russia was this upcoming weekend. F1 calendar makes no sense.

Wooo, Boullier-watch is back:

“Ultimately, we didn’t have quite enough race pace to score points today, especially with such scant attrition ahead of us.

“Having said that, both Fernando and Jenson maximised their race strategies, the fact that they finished more-or-less nose to tail after 56 hard-driven laps underlining that Fernando had efficiently mined the most out of a two-stop approach while Jenson had pugnaciously realised the maximum available out of his necessarily more dynamic three-stopper.

“Moreover, although we still need to find more straightline speed, the power units in both our cars performed with commendable reliability throughout all three days of today’s grand prix, yesterday’s qualifying hour, and all the practice sessions that preceded them. So our friends at Honda should be lauded for that achievement. Equally, we’re encouraged by the power unit developments they have in the pipeline, and as a result we’re confident that our overall performance will continue to improve apace.

“Operationally, we made no mistakes all weekend, and our pit-crew performed with their customary aplomb. Well done, guys.

“Last but not least, it’s encouraging to note that, when we fitted Options to Jenson’s car for his fourth and final stint, he immediately began to fly, clocking the then-fastest lap of the race on lap 46, a spirited circumnavigation of the Shanghai International Circuit that was thereafter eclipsed by just two other drivers.”

Moozo

CgPHt8pWcAAwp7v.jpg:large

CgPpcGkUsAEzDYh.jpg:large
Looks like everyone struggled with the softs in the middle stint despite many running much further o them from the start.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
How long until Marchionne starts the slaughter?

I think that they are counting on their Barcelona update. But I think that Mercedes is watching closely and will respond in similar fashion. And they probably saw times Nico was able to do at the end of his first and in second stint, when he opened the 25+ second gap

Biggest surprise for me was RBR pace. We will see in Russia if it wasn't just one-off, but Sochi could be quite good for RBR. Looks like Renault seriously upped their engine game this season.

I can't wait for the Ferrari upgrades to not work again. Just like last season, when Kimi went back to the old spec, because the upgrade didn't do anything for him.

Massa

I can't wait for the Ferrari upgrades to not work again. Just like last season, when Kimi went back to the old spec, because the upgrade didn't do anything for him.

Last year's car was terrible for Kimi, it's not surprising the upgrades didn't work for him.

dubc35

Got around to watching the GP yesterday afternoon. Great first several laps, a lot of movement.

Hamilton's (bad) luck continues. Nico may walk away with the WDC.

The post-race Vettel to Kyvat, "dude, what were you doing?!" was great. I haven't looked at all the replays (looks like a lot of discussion on it) but I thought Seb putting him on the spot was great (along with the camera moving over to get in on the action).

What happened to Grosjean? New front wing after the first lap and then just nothing really from him. Esteban finally finished a race though!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Got around to watching the GP yesterday afternoon. Great first several laps, a lot of movement.

Hamilton's (bad) luck continues. Nico may walk away with the WDC.

The post-race Vettel to Kyvat, "dude, what were you doing?!" was great. I haven't looked at all the replays (looks like a lot of discussion on it) but I thought Seb putting him on the spot was great (along with the camera moving over to get in on the action).

What happened to Grosjean? New front wing after the first lap and then just nothing really from him. Esteban finally finished a race though!

Apparently Grosjean had damage to the car, but limped it all the way for the experience.

And Vettel was quick to accuse Kvyat but on replays it's pretty clear it was a racing incident. Likley Kvyat didn't see Kimi, Kimi didn't see Kvyat and they both tried to sandwich Vettel who was stuck hitting at least one of them.

And Vettel was quick to accuse Kvyat but on replays it's pretty clear it was a racing incident. Likley Kvyat didn't see Kimi, Kimi didn't see Kvyat and they both tried to sandwich Vettel who was stuck hitting at least one of them.

It was a racing incident, but that didn't stop it being a really stupid line to try and take into the first corner. Was full on internet racing style.

Fox Mulder

Biggest surprise for me was RBR pace. We will see in Russia if it wasn't just one-off, but Sochi could be quite good for RBR. Looks like Renault seriously upped their engine game this season.

I hope Redbull got some pace. Ferrari is disappointing and Williams fucking sucks as usual.

Patrick S.

Banned
What the heck, all the linked videos in the last pages have been taken down because of copyright claims. Ridiculous. Meanwhile, I can watch entire current season Nascar races on Youtube, legally. Screw F1.

Shaneus

On reflection, christ that was a hell of a drive from Ricciardo. Imagine what he could do when he actually has a decent engine.

#pray4haryanto

In order to race in F1 this season, Rio had to pay 15 million Euros to his current team, Manor Racing. After receiving funds from sponsors like state-owned oil company Pertamina and the Tourism Ministry, Rio now has to pay a remaining 4.2 million Euros (Rp 62 billion) to Manor to secure his place in the team.

Money doesn’t grow on trees, but, for Rio, money could come from text messages. Specifically, ones sent by you.

Yesterday, the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the Ministry of Communications and Information held an event to launch a fundraiser for Rio. However, it was no ordinary fundraiser. The government teamed up with 5 telcoms – Telkomsel, Indosat, Smartfren, XL Axiata and Tri – to set up a system where people can donate money to Rio via SMS text messages.

By texting “RIO” to 7788, you will be charged or have your pulsa deducted by Rp 5,000, Rp 4,500 of which will be going to Rio’s cause the rest goes towards tax. It was calculated that 12.4 million SMS will be needed to reach the target 4.2 million Euros. The SMS hotline will be taking donations until July 17, 2016.

“Let’s support this. Make it like taking medicine, three times a day. The number of mobile phone users in Indonesia is high, so if everyone does this, we’ll have enough for the donation,” said Communications and Information Minister Rudiantara, as quoted by CNN Indonesia.

Kemenpora-Fundraising-Through-the-Solidarity-Red-and-White-to-Rio-460x300.jpg

Ronbo needs to dig deep and get The Stoff in the Manor for the second half of the season.

A corrupt government and a number of billion dollar multinational corporations want us to donate money to a rich kid? Let's not all reach for our wallets at once.

Scottify

Once again, Bernie opens his mouth and inserts his foot.

The Guardian

The 85-year-old’s admiration of Putin, however, was striking. “He’s the guy who should run Europe,” Ecclestone said. “He will sort out this other business that is going on in Syria. The good thing is that he does what he believes to be right and he stands by it. It’s hard to talk him out of anything.

“I’ve said before that I don’t much like democracy. Nothing gets done. I do quite like David Cameron. I didn’t think I would, but he has done what he thinks is best for Britain in the EU negotiations.

dubc35

Well, at least he's consistent.

EDIT: Ericcson is a waste of space.

Yep (didn't see last years but he had similar statements on Russian television iirc). Pandering 101 nothing more, no need to dwell on it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...dimir-putin-a-first-class-person-9801188.html

“He’s [Putin’s] a first class person. I always supported him.

“He could control Europe or America; he is able to deal with it. But I think he is very busy. Let him finish what he’s doing and then we’ll see.”

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Seems like they're expecting Sochi to be as easy on the tyres as ever. Some madman could probably drive all of it on a single set of mediums, but the spared pitstop time would probably not be worth it.

RBR and Haas going all out on supersofts :D Also curious about Ferrari's decision for 2 more sets of softs, probably for FPs

It is one of the easiest track for tyres due to very fine asphalt layer

Seems like they're expecting Sochi to be as easy on the tyres as ever. Some madman could probably drive all of it on a single set of mediums, but the spared pitstop time would probably not be worth it.

Rosberg did all but one lap on one set of mediums in 2014. Did the fastest lap of the GP (at the time) on one of the last laps as well.

Reading digitalspy F1 and drone cameras are coming to F1, Monza could be the first race if tests are successful.

UK Chinese GP ratings saw a 30% viewer drop off for Sky, and 43% for FTA (C4)

Worst ratings for ten years. It's totally done.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I thought I saw drone cams at china? they didn't look like the wire guided ones you over at the pits. The helos where definitely low this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom