• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Perfect senario. Rosberg puncture on first lap drops to last and has to make his way through the field to get a podium for the championship. That would go some way to making the final race exciting, and allowing Rosberg to answer his critics. A DNF formRosberg would be cruel...he does not deserve that.

My perfect scenario: Rosberg DNFs in the first lap after a collision with Hamilton. Hamilton manages to continue and lead the race, only to get torpedoed out of the race by Verstappen during the last lap. I want to watch this thread burn.

(Not really.)

(But actually, yes, I do.)

M52B28

Banned
Smh.. besides Canada 2011, name one other Button race/pass/maneuver that stands out to you? Dude is easily one of the weakest WDCs who just lucked into the right car.

[Yeezy]Ooooooooooooh dey so sensitiiiive[/Yeezy]

Pipe down. No animals were hurt during the typing of my posts.

I thought I prefaced this by saying "Button is a cool guy off track" or something of that nature in one of my previous posts no?

Maybe I should edit it a bit that you may feel better:

As a driver, I think Button is trash.
You post like a child.

And he's actually doubling down on his ignorance..

Mechanical DNFs per driver from 2014:

Lewis
2014: AUS | CAN
2015: SIN
2016: MAL

Nico:
2014: GBR | SIN
2015: RUS
2016: -

Nico has had not 5, but 3 mechanical DNFs to Lewis' 4.

I have not missed a single F1 race since 2010. I've watched all of these races. These are hard facts. Again.. Are you new to F1?

Nico didn't score points in 5 races the 2 years when Lewis won the WDC with Mercedes because of car issues. I'm not talking about this year, I'm talking about 2014 and 2015. Since you insist on this shit, here's the link to these 5 races: here, here, here, here and here.

Also, you seem to be confused about what I'm talking about here. My point isnt "Lewis has been luckier than Nico", or "Nico hasn't been lucky this year", or "Nico is a better driver than Lewis" or whatever the fuck you seem to be understanding. My point is that luck plays a role in any fucking championship in any fucking sport fucking ever and that while Nico has had better luck than Lewis this year, it was the contrary in the past 2 years when Hamilton won. Not that he won due to that, but it plays a part like it does for everyone.

Lego Boss

Smh.. besides Canada 2011, name one other Button race/pass/maneuver that stands out to you? Dude is easily one of the weakest WDCs who just lucked into the right car. If he spent less time whining every weekend while his teammates simply drove the fucking car, I'd have a bit more respect for him as a driver.

[Yeezy]Ooooooooooooh dey so sensitiiiive[/Yeezy]

Pipe down. No animals were hurt during the typing of my posts.

I thought I prefaced this by saying "Button is a cool guy off track" or something of that nature in one of my previous posts no?

Maybe I should edit it a bit that you may feel better:

As a driver, I think Button is trash.

Maybe l should edit my post so you feel better:

You are trash.

Hasney

hpYS63E.png

1. Average
2. Trash
Anything below that must be shit tier. Especially the one who couldn't beat the trash in the very same car. Must have been embarrassing.

tumblr_nf1rqsLDcj1s0my1wo1_250.gif

malyce

Nico didn't score points in 5 races the 2 years when Lewis won the WDC with Mercedes because of car issues. I'm not talking about this year, I'm talking about 2014 and 2015. Since you insist on this shit, here's the link to these 5 races: here, here, here, here and here.

Also, you seem to be confused about what I'm talking about here. My point isnt "Lewis has been luckier than Nico", or "Nico hasn't been lucky this year", or "Nico is a better driver than Lewis" or whatever the fuck you seem to be understanding. My point is that luck plays a role in any fucking championship in any fucking sport fucking ever and that while Nico has had better luck than Lewis this year, it was the contrary in the past 2 years when Hamilton won. Not that he won due to that, but it plays a part like it does for everyone.

Ahhh... I forgot about Italy last year. I'll give you that.

As for 2014... you're ignoring Lewis' mechanical failures on Saturdays which either caused him to start from the rear of the grid or from 10th place which would either gift Rosberg the win or Lewis had pass Rosberg on track. If you're gonna speak about luck, it was NOT in Lewis' favor that year, as he had to claw the lead back from Rosberg. He also had a 17 point lead going into the final race of the season. And while Rosberg did have mechanical issues that race that point is moot as either way a Merc 1-2 went, Lewis would have still won the championship in Abu. 2014 was only close because of Rosberg's luck.

2015 is basically what would have happened in 2014 had both cars had equal reliability on a race weekend. At no point that season did Rosberg even bother Lewis for the championship lead. Even after Lewis' retirement in Singapore coming off the back of a Rosberg DNF in Italy, Lewis was still 41 points ahead going into Japan and came out of Japan with a 48 point lead.

At no point in those 2 seasons did car reliability threaten Rosberg's title chances as it has fucked Lewis this season. The only thing he had to do to secure the title was to finish ahead of Lewis. Something Lewis has been doing for 3 straight seasons. So miss me with the 'luck plays a role' bit in regards to Lewis' titles. Rosberg has been the luckier of the 2 over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

You post like a child.

Bite me.

Maybe l should edit my post so you feel better:

You are trash.

See.. now there's a stark difference between what I did and what you're doing. At least I can do it in a good way.. but you're allowing my opinion of a racing driver's ability to get under your skin. Relax.. none of the shit said in this thread should be taken to heart..

Fisico

I was happily reading the thread and then discussion turned to trash :(
Can we move on please.

Otherwise Gasly cruised to the win in GP2, unless some shit happen in the sprint race he should be GP2 champion tomorrow.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
4x WDC when your car is miles ahead of everyone is not an achievement

Getting really tired of the mental gymnastics that go on in these threads to say why one driver is shit and another isn't.

But I'll play along... Hamilton has had two championships ('14 and '15. We'll write off '16 for now) in a car that was the class of the field and arguably more dominant than the red bulls ever were. It's also arguable that the '07 and '08 McLarens were also the class of the field, as either Hamilton or Alonso would have easily been champion in 2007 if they didn't have such a strong teammate to compete with.

Then there's 2008, when he beat Massa by the tightest of margins and a certain Mr. Raikonnen was miles off. Was the Ferrari better that year, or have Lewis' championships all come from a dominant car?

The answer? Except in extremely rare circumstances, the best driver in the best car has always won the championship. Raikonnen capitalized on infighting at McLaren, Schumacher walked all over Hill despite arguably having an inferior car in '95 and Keke was Mr. Consistency in a year when no one else was. That's racing. That's the way it's always been. It doesn't mean that certain drivers you don't like got lucky or had a great car. All champions did.

I feel like Rosberg will finish fourth after he tries to do something when all he has to do is play safe and stick to Hamilton...

I don't know. I feels its more about what the other drivers do than whatever Rosberg does.

Hasney

I feel like Rosberg will finish fourth after he tries to do something when all he has to do is play safe and stick to Hamilton...

I don't know. I feels its more about what the other drivers do than whatever Rosberg does.

And the other drivers cannot catch the Merc. He's talked about wanting the win, but if he doesn't overtake HAM from the start, I think he'll just play it cool.

kmag

I don't think he will, his previous four races have been a study in driving very cautiously well within the limits of the car, which given the advantages of the car over the field on most tracks is pretty much all he'll have to do.

If there's a mess up it'll be at the start or at pit stop.

Syder

We all know what's going to happen today but there's no way you can't watch just in case Rosberg doesn't win the Championship.

My prediction: Hamilton and Rosberg are 1-2 at the first corner and 1-2 at the flag, Button complains about a lack of grip, a Ferrari blows up, Kvyat crashes into someone and Alonso doesn't finish the race.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
My prediction: Hamilton and Rosberg are 1-2 at the first corner and 1-2 at the flag, Button complains about a lack of grip, a Ferrari blows up, Kvyat crashes into someone and Alonso doesn't finish the race.

+ Vettel will complain more than one time on radio about blue flags or how much of an idiot another driver is.

Orbis

award.png

2016 Most Realistic Prediction Award - bobnowhere

Zeknurn

+ Vettel will complain more than one time on radio about blue flags or how much of an idiot another driver is.

+ Verstappen will do something that will get people angry and win driver of the day vote.
+ Grosjean will complain about the car being shit.

Mastah

F1 Broadcasting ‏@f1broadcasting 1h1 hour ago

UK: The #AbuDhabiGP qualifying session peaked with 2.34m (24.7%) yesterday - record low since the race started in 2009. @overnightstv

DD

Renault Sport F1 ‏@RenaultSportF1 1 minhá 1 minuto

Final backstage shot before the final Drivers Parade of 2016!
#RACEday #AbuDhabiGP #F1Finale

CyQ_TY7XcAAvOez.jpg

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It's becoming clearer by the race that Rosberg is only interested in beating Hamilton, while Hamilton continues to want to beat everybody.

Juicy Bob

On a personal note, today is going to be a very satisfying day as, for the first time since 1996, the F1 World Championship is going to be won by a driver who I am actually a fan of.

From that first race back in 2006, I believed in Nico Rosberg. It's going to be especially sweet to see him winning the title after fighting against one of the greatest of all time as his team mate over the last four years.

C'mon Nico. Bring it home buddy.

Orbis

Isn't it also on Channel 4?
It is but you can imagine how quickly people could lose interest in the championship if they can only see half the races. Also from 2019 the sport will be as good as dead in the UK as it will go pay TV exclusive.

ninge

Anyone happen to know how I could watch this in my hotel room in Shanghai? Do they have free f1 coverage on TV in China? It's my last night here, I could try and avoid spoilers until I get home tomorrow night... but it would be good to be able to watch it live :)

Flicking thru the channels doesn't seem show any coverage on yet...

Hasney

We all know what's going to happen today but there's no way you can't watch just in case Rosberg doesn't win the Championship.

I was all confident yesterday, but now I'm expecting Hamilton to win just to compound an awful 2016.

Hasney

Praying that somebody sabotages Rosberg

The one weapon #blessed has left. The power of prayer.

Is anyone watching Sky's coverage today? I need Ted Kravitz updates on meltdowns/cumming in pants depending on how the race is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom