• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

G Rom

Did some races in FM last week and took those :
mobile.2369umu.jpg

mobile.24hkca8.jpg

Orca

Just bought a 2007 Charger and I've used Forza's paint/body kit/vinyl options to take a couple runs at equip and paint ideas using it.

7ByAyvA.jpg

Later went back and blacked out the grill, added some decal work to the hood and some other minor changes. It's nice to be able to get an idea what it'll look like this way. The guy who's going to do the bulk of the body work and paint was pushing me on the black hood from the start and I didn't like it until I actually saw it.

It helps that Forza had the exact ram air hood that I want to put on it too.

SarBear

Just bought a 2007 Charger and I've used Forza's paint/body kit/vinyl options to take a couple runs at equip and paint ideas using it.

7ByAyvA.jpg

Later went back and blacked out the grill, added some decal work to the hood and some other minor changes. It's nice to be able to get an idea what it'll look like this way. The guy who's going to do the bulk of the body work and paint was pushing me on the black hood from the start and I didn't like it until I actually saw it.

It helps that Forza had the exact ram air hood that I want to put on it too.

Make sure you come to Detroit after your project is completed so we can properly run your shit. Please and thanks.

DD

Since you guys are probably the only people on GAF who care, I asked Liz (syffitf) to marry me last Wednesday....

and she, thankfully, said yes!

I'm a random user, but congratulations, mate! Best wishes on your new life!

Now about the thread's subject, do people mind if I post some offscreen shots that I took with my camera (since I don't subscribe to Live Gold)?

SarBear

Since you guys are probably the only people on GAF who care, I asked Liz (syffitf) to marry me last Wednesday....

and she, thankfully, said yes!

That's AWESOME man!!!!!!!

Considering the situation you were getting away from, this is just inspiring, bro!! I seriously mean that in every possible way. I'm really happy for you! She's a pretty lady and I hope nothing but the best for you two!

DD

Outrun 3 plz.
Yep!

Oh, wow! I'm gonna try that. Thanks for the hint!

I know man, I love the 512 TR so much.

I've only been able to see one once outside of games.
It's my all time favorite Ferrari. But I prefer this model:

Instead of this (the one that's present in Forza series)

Shaneus

I know man, I love the 512 TR so much.
It's the most stereotypically 80s car Ferrari released (hard angles etc.) and I love it. It's not as gaudy as the Countach, just a super tight package. Just always love that look that came out of that era (supercars or otherwise):
essex-esprit.jpg

03aciJil.jpg

Xt0UoBSl.jpg

It's my all time favorite Ferrari. But I prefer this model:
I never know the difference :/ Is that a Testarossa vs. a 512TR?

DD

Oh well, the USB stuff did not worked out. =/

But thanks anyway, Shaneus.

It's the most stereotypically 80s car Ferrari released (hard angles etc.) and I love it. It's not as gaudy as the Countach, just a super tight package. Just always love that look that came out of that era (supercars or otherwise):
essex-esprit.jpg

03aciJil.jpg

Xt0UoBSl.jpg
This guy knows good stuff. :)

I never know the difference :/ Is that a Testarossa vs. a 512TR?
Isn't the 512TR the late version of the Testarossa?

Shaneus

Oh well, the USB stuff did not worked out. =/
Damn. I had a hunch it wouldn't (I may have tried it in the past) but figured I'd put it out there for you to have a shot with. I wouldn't use any of the things like hex offsets and formats as gospel though... you might find they're BMP or PNG files and they have different headers, but the concept is still the same.

I might even have a play around tonight with it. I'm sure it can be done (there may be another decrypt/decompress process involved or something) but I'm not sure exactly how.

This guy knows good stuff. :)
That I do ;) I actually saw one of those Essex Esprits as a display/exhibition car at the Melbourne GP this year (and last year). Looking them up today, had literally no idea there were only 45 of them ever made.

Isn't the 512TR the late version of the Testarossa?
Maybe? I know the TR stands for Testarossa, but that's about it (I thought it may have been a modified/upgraded limited edition one).

Here's the differences, in short form:
Here are the upgrades for the 512TR over the Testarossa according to my new book Santa sent me on the history of Ferrari.

1. New cylinder heads, inlets and exhausts
2. State of the art electronic injection and ignition management
3. Power boosted to 421bhp
4. Loss of 100lbs
5. Top speed up to 195 mph
6. Better fuel economy and lower emissions
7. Clutch and trans were improved
8. Suspension tweeked, larger brakes, larger wheels
9. Steering was improved as well

And *incredibly* detailed form.

So yeah, it sounds like it's essentially a mk. 2 Testarossa, in simplest terms.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Not a fan of the 512. Don't like the cheese grater/chip slicer look of it.

Did some photos of FM4 recently, seeing what could be done with default camera settings.

iCPJ1u6.jpg

OphDjt7.jpg

cOCGnM2.jpg

Not as amazing as some of the shots I've seen but still pretty good IMO.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Better than anything *I've* managed to get out of it (or Horizon). Back to the drawing board!

Amalfi seems to be a good place for light and reflections. Should be a good place. Too bad it's only the crappy little track, so many photo opportunities taken away :'(

Mascot

Since there's a bit of old Ferrari love on this page, here's a pic of the 348 TS a mate of mine just bought last week. He's grinning like a dog with two dicks right now.
Paid £23k for it. 1992. 29,000 miles.

saladine1

Since there's a bit of old Ferrari love on this page, here's a pic of the 348 TS a mate of mine just bought last week. He's grinning like a dog with two dicks right now.

Nice!

A mate of mine has had his 355 since new. Imo, one of the best sounding Ferrari's. He has however decided to go stupid and fitted an aftermarket exhaust. The wonderful stock sound has been destroyed a result.
It also handles ridiculously well.

Shortt Sirket, congratulations mate. Very good to hear she accepted lol.

What would you have done if she refused.....?

FordGTGuy

Banned

Nice, these get me going a lot more than the newer Ferraris.

Mascot

Is there an FM5 speculation/wishlist thread on GAF? I can't find one anywhere. The GT5 vs FM4 epicthread seemed to be the go-to place for stuff like that but was generally a clusterfuck of bickering, trolling and photomode dick fencing, so any interesting discussion tended to get lost in the fog. Anyway, that thread is now an ex-thread, so don't we need somewhere to catalogue and discuss our hopes, dreams and expectations for the no-doubt-soon-to-be-announced FM5? Or would we be better waiting for an official announcement (possibly in a couple of weeks, and if not no doubt by 10th June)?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Is there an FM5 speculation/wishlist thread on GAF? I can't find one anywhere. The GT5 vs FM4 epicthread seemed to be the go-to place for stuff like that but was generally a clusterfuck of bickering, trolling and photomode dick fencing, so any interesting discussion tended to get lost in the fog. Anyway, that thread is now an ex-thread, so don't we need somewhere to catalogue and discuss our hopes, dreams and expectations for the no-doubt-soon-to-be-announced FM5? Or would we be better waiting for an official announcement (possibly in a couple of weeks, and if not no doubt by 10th June)?

I would contribute to it.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
This would be the best place because helios(brian?) does occasionally read it.

Doubt it would amount to anything though as community feedback and desires are usually ignored unless it's near 100% of the community.

Mascot

This would be the best place because helios(brian?) does occasionally read it.

Doubt it would amount to anything though as community feedback and desires are usually ignored unless it's near 100% of the community.

The problem with this thread is that it's been relegated to the Community section, where old threads generally go to die. Only GAFers with subscriptions probably know it even exists.

I'm sure Helios would soon find an FM5 thread if one was created, although he does tend to go dark when questioned (hello Helios, if you are lurking). I'm still waiting for feedback about our reset FM4 game saves (which, after initially not being too bothered about it, now pisses me off the more and more I think about it - especially the lack of acknowledgement from Turn 10).

And you are right, a speculation/wishlist thread probably wouldn't influence much in the final game, but it would still be interesting and good fun.

saladine1

We could probably use this thread to post all that. Sort of keep Forza in one place.We've been doing so for a while now. Helios would be watching, I have no doubt. He actually urged us to do so.
BADNED also confirmed that Turn 10 elves also go through GAF.

But, it's probably wise to wait and see what's happening with the 21st reveal and E3. I mean, if PGR is indeed the launch title, then it's more than likely FM5 would be coming late next year...which is a lifetime away.

Mascot

Vs thread closed now?

Years in the making and a mad rush to finish it, sounds familiar.

Yep, it hit (and exceeded) the 20k post limit.

It was good fun when the debate stayed sensible, but some of the random hostility was a little bemusing at times. The inevitable FM5 vs GT6 thread will probably make it look like a love-in at the Salvation Army, though.

saladine1

Yep, it hit (and exceeded) the 20k post limit.

It was good fun when the debate stayed sensible, but some of the random hostility was a little bemusing at times. The inevitable FM5 vs GT6 thread will probably make it look like a love-in at the Salvation Army, though.

I'm wondering though, wouldn't a PGR launch sort of take away the 'credit' from Turn 10 and Forza?

I mean, let's just say that PGR is launching this year, a lot of Turn 10's next gen assets(cars, audio..etc) will be showcased first in PGR. By the time FM5 comes out, everything will sort of be 'familiar'.
Perhaps PGR might even look better in ways (being a 30fps game, with more eye candy) than FM5. Where would the Fm5 vs GT6 thread be then lol..?

Top Bottom