• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

enewtabie

Such a good game. I own all the Forza games and it ties Forza 3 for my favorite. The races are quick and you only need four to complete a championship so its easy to tie up a lot of time in the game.

I'm up to 140 owned cars. Would be at 175 (and the Sultan achievement) if it didn't take so long to buy a car and get back into the menu...heh. Got 4 million CR burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

I just got that Worthy of a Sultan achievement, and the amount of time it takes to save a new car is annoying.

TMWNN35

Hey there, was playing this at the weekend at a mates, looks very nice and sounds good but is there any way to speed up the steering? I had aids off and on simulation but the initial steering input seemed slow and then again when I applied opposite lock, was wondering if it was anything to do with the settings I was using?

Try turning off simulation steering, I find it very twitchy and hard to play with this using a controller.

I think I pretty much have winning 90% of online road trip races figured out.

1. Turn off car damage.
2. Have a couple of maxed out cars of classes A, S1 and S2.
3. Try as much as possible to ignore all the other cars even when they keep ramming you.
4. Drive the whole race at eight tenths, even when you are well behind the leaders.
5. Win most races and get a place in those you don't.
6. Roll around in mountains of credits and XP.

You fuck up when you push too hard, just pretend you are racing vs AI and you win more.

I do wish that the game would give you more of an indication of what kind of racing to expect when you choose your car, I find myself taking a awd/4wd car most of the time due to a strong possibility of at least 1 offroad race but I really want to be able to use my RWD cars set up specifically for racing on road.

I'm so confused how to play online, every time I join anything online it says syncing joining..... then nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Loved the single player now that I beat that, want to try online stuff

Hey there, was playing this at the weekend at a mates, looks very nice and sounds good but is there any way to speed up the steering? I had aids off and on simulation but the initial steering input seemed slow and then again when I applied opposite lock, was wondering if it was anything to do with the settings I was using?

Try turning off simulation steering, I find it very twitchy and hard to play with this using a controller.

Yeah, simulation steering is terrible for the controller.

Another thing I'd recommend is going into Settings -> Controls -> Advanced and changing the deadzones for steering axis, acceleration axis and clutch axis to zero (inside) and 100 (outside).

The deadzones are not right IMHO for a controller in Forza 5, and they just carried it over to FH2. Tip props go to MoneyMan300 on YouTube, and it was a gamechanger for me. Hope it helps.

Kssio_Aug

Im playing with the controller (everything off/simulation except the transmission that is automatic) and only having a hard time with GT cars, they lose too much adderence. However I realized that I was squizing RT a lot, what was causing this most of the time!

I will give a try to these deadzones configurations though!

TMWNN35

So anybody? I want to buy one kickass off road car.

I got the Dodge Ram, dropped a supercharger onto it, tweaked the swaybar settings and raised the diff ratio, it goes pretty good and shit-axes most cars in its class for cornering and acceleration.

I shared the setup too if you want to grab it, look for TMWNN35

Ugh the game is taking FOREVER to load my save. Does this have to do with the friends list outage or something? I've been waiting legit 2 minutes to get past the loading screen and so far nothing. Ugh.

Waited 5 minutes. Didn't load. Fuck it.

I play this game on 2 separate xb1, one at home one at work and it does take a long time to sync the save, its really annoying. I usually load it up and get the save to sync about 10 minutes before I plan to play.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I need to get in the GAF club and represent. Can't believe how shit some people are online, they should play Deconstruction Derby instead. Hardly any seem to know how to take a corner or when to brake. Lets just hit the wall at full speed and recover. I'm always keeping an eye on the rammers and sometimes let them get ahead because eventually they fuck up and you can overtake leaving plenty of room.

I had a race earlier against 5 guys who were all in Ferrari's and I picked a tuned '88 VW Scirocco, I came first because I kept wrecking them on the bends. The only time they gained an advantage was on the straight due to top speed. But by the final lap they were so behind they couldn't catch.

I also just had a 1-1 race with a guy. It was 3 laps and he used an upgraded Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 while I used a rented Pagani Huayra. It was my first time in the Huayra and I know it can be abit wild so I was cautious with it at first. Within the first 4 or 5 corners he was smoking from the rear, not sure what he did but he managed to stay out in front but I kept playing possum with him.

Every time he went into a bend I let him go flying then undertook since he kept going wide. Finally he fucked up and hit a post or something which stopped him so I breezed past him and laughed. He finished about 10-15 seconds behind me but even if it came to being a neck and neck on the final straight the Huayra would have beaten him.

It feels great when good driving and tactics pays off instead of being an ass and you don't even need the best car.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Why wont my Single Turbo install? I really want it for speed and launch but it wont install what ever I try. Do I need to remove something first? I have the super charger installed but it's not doing that great.

Bessy67

Why wont my Single Turbo install? I really want it for speed and launch but it wont install what ever I try. Do I need to remove something first? I have the super charger installed but it's not doing that great.
I'm not sure (don't know much about the upgrades) but I think you have to do an aspiration conversion.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'll check it out, I don't think I had this problem in F5 but that may have been the '81 mark model.

Anyone I hit 270 MPH in a Noble M600 lol, fucking insane. Next stop the Hennessey Venom.

Kssio_Aug

I dont know if I'm getting worse, if the AI is getting better, or if the Extreme Track Toys races are just too hard to win!
I just did 2 races on the same championship, could not get in 1st at none of them. This second one I tried many many times, I did nice curves, kept my car at the asphalt, etc. The max I could achieve was 4th place!! It was a circuit race.

I'm on the 2nd last event to finish the championship for the 1st final. I dont know if it was conicidence or not but the last 2 championships I did I had a hard time (the one before was a GT race). Before it I was doing pretty well!

I've even turned off the simulation steering, like recommended above! Ps.: I'm playing with AI at professional.

Do the AI get better after each championhip, or is the kind of race that is just more difficult then the others?

Edit: The next (3rd) race I was able to get at 1st place. It was easier but it had off-road sections.
Edit 2: It seems it was both the "Extreme Track Toys" championship and the particular circuit that were hard. After that I managed to end it and go through the next championship just fine.

ryan299

I'm trying to get the wild driveatar achievement. Can't seem to find any with bounties on them. Any way to find these things easily?

I'm trying to get the wild driveatar achievement. Can't seem to find any with bounties on them. Any way to find these things easily?

Drivatars with bounties didn't seem to show up for me when I was driving an S2; in any of the lower classes, they're fairly common, both on the open road and around the main festival loop.

ryan299

Drivatars with bounties didn't seem to show up for me when I was driving an S2; in any of the lower classes, they're fairly common, both on the open road and around the main festival loop.

I've tried different grades and hung out around different hubs but can't find one. In the beginning of the game they were every where. Now they've vanished.

Bsigg12

Finally found some time to really dig into the game. Man, it really is a joy to race at night through trees. The feeling when you are able to go into a section of trees and pop out the other side without hitting a single one is pretty great.

Kssio_Aug

I've read about it here several times, but am I the only one who never witnessed the AI cheating going through any checkpoint? I just finished the 1st tournment, and started the second, played from start to the end with AI setted to Professional, and always kept an eye to AI cars because of what I've read here sometimes and never ever they did cheated the checkpoints, neither on those off-road races. I hope it never happens though!

@m0dus, Wow! Awesome work! Definitely gonna check that out tomorrow!

JamboGT

Yeah, simulation steering is terrible for the controller.

Another thing I'd recommend is going into Settings -> Controls -> Advanced and changing the deadzones for steering axis, acceleration axis and clutch axis to zero (inside) and 100 (outside).

The deadzones are not right IMHO for a controller in Forza 5, and they just carried it over to FH2. Tip props go to MoneyMan300 on YouTube, and it was a gamechanger for me. Hope it helps.

Ahh, that sounds like just the job, it felt like there were massive deadzones. I turned on simulation as it was so slow steering on the other setting. Will give this a try, thanks.

TheKeyPit

Banned
HUGE PROBLEM: I was driving against one of my rivals and after I beat the time and the game should have given me credits it crashed with that buzz sound. After I loaded up the game again everything was fine except for one thing: I lost ALL my 67 cars except for the BMW that I chose at the beginning of the game. I had a lot of fun with this game, but this... I think I won't be able to go back and purchase every single car and upgrade them again....

arrested-development-george-michael-fall-on-floor.gif

Edit1: I've lost all my perks, too....
Edit2: Championship races are no longer on the map. This makes my save file unplayable....It's sad, but I'm done with this game :/

jesu

^^^
Eeek! That's awful!
I've luckily stopped have the bzzzz crashes for some reason(touch wood!)

Does anyone know why I have so many level one Drivitars driving around my world and competing in my championships?
Are these gafclub members who haven't played and leveled up any?

Does anyone know why I have so many level one Drivitars driving around my world and competing in my championships?
Are these gafclub members who haven't played and leveled up any?

This drives me crazy. A lot of them are presumably Forza 5 drivatars.

Kssio_Aug

HUGE PROBLEM: I was driving against one of my rivals and after I beat the time and the game should have given me credits it crashed with that buzz sound. After I loaded up the game again everything was fine except for one thing: I lost ALL my 67 cars except for the BMW that I chose at the beginning of the game. I had a lot of fun with this game, but this... I think I won't be able to go back and purchase every single car and upgrade them again....

Edit2: Championship races are no longer on the map. This makes my save file unplayable....It's sad, but I'm done with this game :/

o_O
Playground needs to know about it. Thats some serious shit.

Paging Dr. Helios.

Really sorry to hear that man. That really sucks. :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
finally got a large amount of playtime in and finished the first finale - as awesome as expected. i love that in horizon 2 you can pick any car you want to race with for that epic final race and the game picks appropriate cars to match you with.

Fox Mulder

finally got a large amount of playtime in and finished the first finale - as awesome as expected. i love that in horizon 2 you can pick any car you want to race with for that epic final race and the game picks appropriate cars to match you with.

yeah, I love driving the p1 whenever I can and ran right to that. Nice how you could choose anything like the VW bus if you wanted to.

Beat the Lancia Delta bucket list challenge on my first try. The Bowler challenge on the other hand...

It's not as tough as you think. All you need to do is get one solid run through the woods without hitting a tree right off the bat and then drive straight to the end goal as the crow flies. Rewind if you hit another tree until you get it right. I finally ended up beating it with 7 seconds left on the clock.

cpooi

Anybody knows why there aren't much reviews on the 360 version? Metacritic shows nothing. Still debating whether to get it (the 360 ver.)

Prototype

Best way to earn money early in the game?

I've just been doing the festival events and bumping up the difficulty for more credits.

Anybody knows why there aren't much reviews on the 360 version? Metacritic shows nothing. Still debating whether to get it (the 360 ver.)
I'm playing the 360 version and it's really fun. It may be missing some xbone features but for a 360 game, it's really good. Way more open then people make it sound, handling is fine, cars look nice. I wanted to play this so bad but don't want to buy an xbone. Pull the trigger, it's only $50 new anyway.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Best way to earn money early in the game?

I've just been doing the festival events and bumping up the difficulty for more credits.

I'm playing the 360 version and it's really fun. It may be missing some xbone features but for a 360 game, it's really good. Way more open then people make it sound, handling is fine, cars look nice. I wanted to play this so bad but don't want to buy an xbone. Pull the trigger, it's only $50 new anyway.

The head to heads can earn quite a bit especially the yellow icon drivers that sometimes pop up. If you can beat them you can earn around 50k.

Klocker

So I have gotten to level 90, 35 hours of driving time, many hours sunk into tuning, upgrading etc, have 75 cars including many high value ones, 3 million in credits, all the perks quite a few boards, 240 promo photos beaten 45 high value head to heads , barely played online and...

have only finished 5 championships.

Just goes to show this game is what you make of it. :)

Top Bottom