• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Kssio_Aug

How often these things happens to you?

owbnxw.gif

tydhva.gif

kqsvcg.gif

kjgpqq.gif

Because I'm not sure if this is a netcode problem, or if it is due to my connection route problem. Can someone please enlighten me? It kind pisses me off, and I dont know if I should change my ISP for this kind of stuff.

TMWNN35

How the flip do I switch to manual controls god fucking damn it ha ha

There is no way some of these playground games bucket list challenges can be beaten with automatic transmission

I play manual and they are still hard as fuck. I've given up trying to beat more than one.

I'm doing 5 and just have no fucking idea what im doing wrong. On auto trans, max speed i can get is 102 (goal is 110).

I did that one initially with manual with clutch, but I just retried it using automatic and was able to get it on the second attempt. It's easier with manual but probably not if you're not used to driving with it yet.

There are three things that you may be doing wrong (based on how I got it using a controller):

1. At launch, don't follow the driving line. Beeline to the wooden bridge.

2. After crossing the bridge, turn left, not right. Travel all the way up that road to the big hill. Turn around, and kick ass down the path you just came up.

3. The big turn at the end is where you can lose most of your speed, so keep far left and turn into that section late so that you can take it all the way at full speed.

Doffen

Jumped back in this weekend after completing Sunset Overdrive.
Felt good, man.

Just reached level 150 and got the gold wristband.

TMWNN35

I'm doing 5 and just have no fucking idea what im doing wrong. On auto trans, max speed i can get is 102 (goal is 110).

The other toughie is the skill one on docks. Had a perfect run for 4 minutes but my combo only landed me 130k (goal 150k).

Ugh

I managed the docks one on my second try and the RS liberty speed camera after about 10 tries but I got annoyed and gave up on the Pagani 322 kph speed check, even on a flawless run I could only get to 313 so its obvious that I must have to make a 200+ kph run through a dense forest without hitting a tree to do it, tried afew times but got the shits and gave up.

I managed the docks one on my second try and the RS liberty speed camera after about 10 tries but I got annoyed and gave up on the Pagani 322 kph speed check, even on a flawless run I could only get to 313 so its obvious that I must have to make a 200+ kph run through a dense forest without hitting a tree to do it, tried afew times but got the shits and gave up.

You don't want to go through the forest for that one, you want to stay on the road the whole time. The key is the left hander before the straight, you have to take that at around 145mph(230kph)ish to hit the speed. I was able to do it, but it took quite a few tries. The entire key rests on that left turn.

Mononoke

Banned
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a big fan of Horizon on 360, and recently got Horizon 2 and am loving it.

This past year I've been fighting cancer. It's been one of the toughest battles of my life. I almost gave up several times. I had no family and support, so I was taking it on all alone. But the one that kept me going was having friends on GAF and just having people to talk to. Anyways, I posted in the Halo review thread about my situation and how I recently went into full remission (beat cancer), and I wanted to celebrate by playing MCC and Horizon 2 with GAF folks. I have PS4, but lately I've been realizing I actually love the X1 more. But I had zero friends on my X1. Within a day, I went from Zero friends to 40 because of how amazing the X1 community is on GAF.

Anyways, HeliosT10 (Ian) saw my post, and he hooked me with some DLC for this game. It made me cry, just because it was such a kind thing for someone to do. Especially after all I had been through, and I've just been so happy celebrating playing my X1. So him doing this really made my week. No my year. It was just such a kind thing for him to do. He even used the official Forza twitter account to give me a shout out. What a great person. This community is amazing, and so is Turn 10 and that community as well.

Someone in that thread suggested I come over here and introduce myself. So I just wanted to do that. And let you all know what a great community this is, and how amazing Turn 10 and it's people are.

Congratulations! Never tire of hearing about people beating cancer. Lost my Dad to it.

I've friended you. My GT is SkinnerSw33t.

Azula and any other GAFer feel free to add me. I'm definitely looking to race more with GAFers.

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a big fan of Horizon on 360, and recently got Horizon 2 and am loving it.

This past year I've been fighting cancer. It's been one of the toughest battles of my life. I almost gave up several times. I had no family and support, so I was taking it on all alone. But the one that kept me going was having friends on GAF and just having people to talk to. Anyways, I posted in the Halo review thread about my situation and how I recently went into full remission (beat cancer), and I wanted to celebrate by playing MCC and Horizon 2 with GAF folks. I have PS4, but lately I've been realizing I actually love the X1 more. But I had zero friends on my X1. Within a day, I went from Zero friends to 40 because of how amazing the X1 community is on GAF.

Anyways, HeliosT10 (Ian) saw my post, and he hooked me with some DLC for this game. It made me cry, just because it was such a kind thing for someone to do. Especially after all I had been through, and I've just been so happy celebrating playing my X1. So him doing this really made my week. No my year. It was just such a kind thing for him to do. He even used the official Forza twitter account to give me a shout out. What a great person. This community is amazing, and so is Turn 10 and that community as well.

Someone in that thread suggested I come over here and introduce myself. So I just wanted to do that. And let you all know what a great community this is, and how amazing Turn 10 and it's people are.

Glad to have ya! We are going to try to start up our ForzaGAF Sunday Races here soon, so you should join.

Just watch out for the Canadians, they are always up to no good....

Finally put the sticks down to post. This is truly a fantastic game. Not too many things in gaming can make me grin like a cross country race in a supercar, or an Iroc-Z for that matter. It's cool seeing some of you guys in my races. Thanks for not deleting me from your friends lists even though I rarely log in :)

This is so awesome to hear. What's your GT? I'd love to be your friend!

Finally put the sticks down to post. This is truly a fantastic game. Not too many things in gaming can make me grin like a cross country race in a supercar, or an Iroc-Z for that matter. It's cool seeing some of you guys in my races. Thanks for not deleting me from your friends lists even though I rarely log in :)

RETRO! Where ya been man?

Mononoke

Banned
This is so awesome to hear. What's your GT? I'd love to be your friend!

Sorry for the late reply, was playing Shadow or Morodor (hooked on that game).

My GT: is Azulaaaa

Feel free to add me. I would love to start racing with you guys on Sunday, or any other get together. I'll probably be playing a lot of MCC this week though. But I can definitely make time.

Stackboy

I don't know if it's maybe a bug or something, but I can't join any online races or road trips. It says that it is busy installing, even though nothing is showing up in my Games and Apps queue or shown to be updating. It happened a few days back as well, trying to purchase a car for a championship. Anyone else encounter this or know how to fix it?

I had this problem a few weeks ago, after a patch installed. Uninstall the game and then reinstall. Your save will be in the cloud, so you won't lose any progress.

If anyone wants to add me my GT is Stackboy Royale. Australian gamer here, I play at all hours.

zorbsie

Amazing story Azula! Welcome to Forza GAF. Adding you as a friend on X1. Are you in the GAF car club yet? If not we'll get you sorted out. Hoping to get a group together this weekend. My GT is zorbs.

HeliosT10

Sorry for the late reply, was playing Shadow or Morodor (hooked on that game).

My GT: is Azulaaaa

Feel free to add me. I would love to start racing with you guys on Sunday, or any other get together. I'll probably be playing a lot of MCC this week though. But I can definitely make time.

Told you ForzaGAF are lovely people mate :) Glad to see you here in the thread!

Mononoke

Banned
Told you ForzaGAF are lovely people mate :) Glad to see you here in the thread!

You were right! I just played my first game with Zorbsie. First time I've played with anyone on X1 (on Xbox Live). It was so much fun. He was really nice, and I was super grateful that he did co-op with me in Horizon 2. I can already tell this game will be much better with friends. He also cot me into the GAF club, so I'll be racing with you guys on Sundays or whenever you guys decide to do stuff. :)

I actually just ordered the official Xbox One stereo headset as well. It's on sale for $49 on Amazon. Better get something better if I plan on playing with people. Going to go take a nap though before MCC tonight. I'm still kind of weak from my last chemo (even though I'm done with it). Will take a month to start to get back to more physical shape.

Levi

Banned
I got the car pass and VIP... Is there an easy way to add free cars to my garage? Scrolling through all the cars and adding them one at a time is a nightmare.

I got the car pass and VIP... Is there an easy way to add free cars to my garage? Scrolling through all the cars and adding them one at a time is a nightmare.

There's no easy way. :/

One of the few gripes I have about FH2 is they copy-pasted components of the Forza 5 UI, which definitely needed some refinement.

Bought my SO bundle last week and downloaded the FH2 demo. Needless to say, this game blew me away with amazing vistas and is the first game to put a smile on my face from just pure joy in quite some time. Going off road and just driving with out hitting an invisible wall a few yards off the track is the most "next gen" rewarding thing so far.

gragy10

Decided to get the muscle car and SUV championships out the way with and slogged through those over the last week. Wouldn't say I was losing love for the game but was definitely starting to feel a bit like work.
Started 80's Group B monsters with my S1 Rs200 last night and SO MUCH FUN!!

Moltenix

New to the XB1 and Forza in general. Definitely going to pick this up.

Would I be missing anything if I skipped Forza 5? I know they're two completely different styles. Seems like the big open world would be way more fun than racing on a limited selection of circuits.

Skip it if the game doesn't appeal to you but I find it's nice to take the same cars out on track and just put some laps in or just get used to them in less hectic environment. You may find you'll like the change of pace too.

Prototype

New to the XB1 and Forza in general. Definitely going to pick this up.

Would I be missing anything if I skipped Forza 5? I know they're two completely different styles. Seems like the big open world would be way more fun than racing on a limited selection of circuits.

I don't care much for the regular forza entries, but an having a blast with horizon 2.

And yes, being able to drive any where is so much more fun than being stuck in a track, like a caged animal. Circuit racers have their place, but I now prefer games like horizon 2 - "sim cade" and open - real enough that it still takes skill, but fun enough to get a little wild and drive all over the place like a madman.

Edit.

I would love to see the next horizon game go even bigger, like test drive unlimited 2, satellite map am entire Island like Hawaii and let people go nuts.

zorbsie

It's racing time everyone. Who's down for some Sunday road trips? We'll start around 2pm EST. We have a chatty group so bring a mic. Anyone can join, you don't have to be in the car club, but if you want to be in it just let me or P3tran know.

It's racing time everyone. Who's down for some Sunday road trips? We'll start around 2pm EST. We have a chatty group so bring a mic. Anyone can join, you don't have to be in the car club, but if you want to be in it just let me or P3tran know.

Shit, Lizzy has her dance showcase this Sunday. I will double check the times, but I might have to miss this one.

Well I was trying wait for a Black Friday deal, but I'm tired of playing the demo over and over. So I've gone all out and purchased the game from the XBL store. Please add me!

GT: Reluctant Hero

Well I was trying wait for a Black Friday deal, but I'm tired of playing the demo over and over. So I've gone all out and purchased the game from the XBL store. Please add me!

GT: Reluctant Hero

Added. How many times did you sit through that non-skippable intro?

I'll be there!

BIGT468

Count me in.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is it just me or do the races repeat themselves a lot? i dont recall getting many duplicate events in fh1, but its happening all the time in horizon 2. with the size of the map and all the roads available, i'm disappointed in the lack of variation. this shouldnt happen. has anyone ever counted the unique events?

lentini

is it just me or do the races repeat themselves a lot? i dont recall getting many duplicate events in fh1, but its happening all the time in horizon 2

You're kidding, right? I played Horizon regularly up until the release of the sequel and tracks repeated themselves all the time, especially in the last few months.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
You're kidding, right? I played Horizon regularly up until the release of the sequel and tracks repeated themselves all the time, especially in the last few months.

hmmm. i guess its because i played fh1 in short bursts over a long period of time whereas i've recently been playing quite a bit of fh2. still though, my point stands and is fair - with thi =s much ground to cover there really shouldnt be any repeats. oh well, a fairly minor complaint overall.

RawNuts

I'm totally up for that and shouldn't have anything to do around that time; I might have 2 other club members tagging along as well.

So I tried the demo and its alright, think I'm gonna try and find a cheap copy on bf.

I could've had a copy now if I played the demo before going to target for the b2g1, as I ended getting my bro a copy of cod since I didn't want anything else for my 3rd game.

Top Bottom