• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

zorbsie

Thanks to everyone who came out today! Had an absolute blast racing around with everyone. hopefully we can get a couple more folks in for next week.

Thanks to everyone who came out today! Had an absolute blast racing around with everyone. hopefully we can get a couple more folks in for next week.

Oh come on, that's it? What happened? How'd it go? Who did the Canadian Mafia fuck this time? Is SarBear still alive?

Invis

Was fun racing with all you guys today. This is the first Forza game (got it on Thursday) and I'm already addicted, ha.

zorbsie

Oh come on, that's it? What happened? How'd it go? Who did the Canadian Mafia fuck this time? Is SarBear still alive?

Canadian Mafia came packing gallons of maple syrup! No one was safe. I came in last almost every race. :) We ended up doing 4 road trips in 2 hours. I sent negative feedback to pretty much everyone in the room, so like I said it was a huge success. Probably won't be that long next week.

Canadian Mafia came packing gallons of maple syrup! No one was safe. I came in last almost every race. :) We ended up doing 4 road trips in 2 hours. I sent negative feedback to pretty much everyone in the room, so like I said it was a huge success. Probably won't be that long next week.

Damn! Glad it went well and you guys had a good turnout. Unless something crazy happens, I am there for this next Sunday!

RoKKeR

Revisiting the game, still so beautiful and damn good.

I just realized I have 2 sets of Bucket Challenges to complete! I love these events.

zorbsie

Short notice I know, but I've got family obligations on Sunday. I'll be online later than 2pm, probably closer to 4. If you guys still want to race then I'm up for it.

Invis

I honestly haven't had as much fun playing a racing game since NFSU2. I've been looking for a racing game that satisfied everything I've wanted in one since that game came out, and I finally found it in FH2. Such a good feeling. This game is absolutely incredible.

zorbsie

OK got back early. I'll set up the lobby now and start sending out invites.

Edit: Thanks for coming out fellas. Had a blast racing around with everyone. Team races are so much fun. I really like P3trans suggestion of doing a split game next weekend. Start in Forza 5 and finish in Horizon 2. What are your thoughts on that?

ViciousDS

Banned
New to the XB1 and Forza in general. Definitely going to pick this up.

Would I be missing anything if I skipped Forza 5? I know they're two completely different styles. Seems like the big open world would be way more fun than racing on a limited selection of circuits.

Don't care for Forza 5 but god damn is Forza Horizon 2 so addicting and fun. Make sure to contribute to the photo thread! So many new players and not many new shots come in! There are so many great shots, but I'm sure people can do better ;).

BIGT468

OK got back early. I'll set up the lobby now and start sending out invites.

Edit: Thanks for coming out fellas. Had a blast racing around with everyone. Team races are so much fun. I really like P3trans suggestion of doing a split game next weekend. Start in Forza 5 and finish in Horizon 2. What are your thoughts on that?

Sounds good to me, I know my buddy had a blast it was his first time playing horizon online.

zorbsie

Finally got the game, do you guys have a club or a regular crowd I could play online during my nights¿

There is a GAF car club. You can post your details there and look up the spreadsheet with everyones GT to add to your friends list. If you want to join, just send me a message on live and I'll send over a club invite. GT: zorbs

Hiiiii guys

I'm new to the franchise and genre :> This is my first... car title I've ever got!

This game is so pretty *____*

I'm noob (and a girl) so please bear with me as I discover Forza better... .____.

My favourite car so far is the Huracan and the X-Bow (Track Toy)

... I love spinning the wheel (it was how I got the X-Bow and the RUF)

:>

I'm currently trying to switch over from Auto to Manual steering and it's doing my head in haha ... I love the Castelleto area, the sea view is amazing *_____*

I usually don't buy racing games because I either get bored of them or bad at them, but this game is soo much fun. If it was going to be your first car title you made the right choice.

I am so bad at racing games!! haha~ I had to ... uh adjust the difficulty setting to New Driver at first, and now slowly pushing the difficulty setting back up .____.

I'm only at "Average" setting now.

but... yessssssssss, you are so right, it is so much fun *____* They managed to make a car game appealing to me, which is so weird, but it's true. I am officially addicted! Haha~

Invis

Yep, this is easily the best racing game I've ever played. And I'm tried pretty much every racing game released starting from NFSU1 to current. No game has scratched every inch like Horizon 2 has.

Sorry I missed the races on Sunday— my addiction to CK2 did me in— probably played 16 hours since Saturday by the time race time rolled around and then I had a migraine and I wanted to shoot myself.

Welcome tasty primates new people!

I'm currently trying to switch over from Auto to Manual steering and it's doing my head in haha

Just remember that you don't always have to push the stick all the way left or right; it seems to catch most of the new people I have try the game at my house.

Sorry I missed the races on Sunday— my addiction to CK2 did me in— probably played 16 hours since Saturday by the time race time rolled around and then I had a migraine and I wanted to shoot myself.

Welcome tasty primates new people!

Just remember that you don't always have to push the stick all the way left or right; it seems to catch most of the new people I have try the game at my house.

.... what

what magic is this

im going to have to try it out later at home!!!

<3 thank you for protip~

D23

Damn this game is fun. Id like to join gaf club if theres still spot. Tried searching gaf but its not showing any.

OK so i put the manual gear shifting on the right thumb stick and it helps a lot, but I'm still not finding the right .. rhythm for speeding up and down around corners :x

Am I supposed to gear down before entering a sharp corner or during it?

I'm driving the rare classic Jaguar car right now. It's clunky, but pretty.

I also bought myself the Veneno last night *_______* and test drove it... It handled like a dream *_______*

aaaa

I think that you should be done downshifting prior to entering the turn.

Something else that might help is to focus on doing one thing at a time. Downshift and then break, for instance. Don't try to do everything once.

I've never used the right analog stick for shifting. Have you tried X (downshift), A (clutch), and B (upshift)?

Tried searching gaf but its not showing any.

We definitely have one. Blame Canadians, Greeks, and especially Greek-Canadians.

Am I supposed to gear down before entering a sharp corner or during it?

As a general rule, always slow down (brake) before the corner, then turn in and accelerate out of the corner. Shift gears in support of this. If you are in the wrong gear you won't accelerate as well as you should (the revs will be low and it won't feel quick, try downshifting).

Downshift under braking (unless it's really subtle braking). If you need to downshift and don't, the engine will stall. If you downshift too far, the engine will over-rev and you will hear it. If you need to upshift, the engine will bounce off the rev limiter and you'll hear it.

I've never used the right analog stick for shifting. Have you tried X (downshift), A (clutch), and B (upshift)?

I think worrying about when to shift is more important than adding a superfluous button (the clutch).
But yes, putting clutch on A is the correct thing to do, along with heel-toeing when downshifting.

I think that you should be done downshifting prior to entering the turn.

Something else that might help is to focus on doing one thing at a time. Downshift and then break, for instance. Don't try to do everything once.

No I havent tried that set-up! Cuz I thought I should give this set-up a good go before I change my mind again :>

..........hehehehe im so guilty about doing everything at once :> you're so spot on.... >/////<

I will try to do one thing at a time ! o7

Thank ye for advice <33333333 Im really, really enjoying this game more than I should :x

I should be writing my NaNo last night but nooooooooooo Forza said otherwise! :x

We definitely have one. Blame Canadians, Greeks, and especially Greek-Canadians.

As a general rule, always slow down (brake) before the corner, then turn in and accelerate out of the corner. Shift gears in support of this. If you are in the wrong gear you won't accelerate as well as you should (the revs will be low and it won't feel quick, try downshifting).

Downshift under braking (unless it's really subtle braking). If you need to downshift and don't, the engine will stall. If you downshift too far, the engine will over-rev and you will hear it. If you need to upshift, the engine will bounce off the rev limiter and you'll hear it.

I think worrying about when to shift is more important than adding a superfluous button (the clutch).
But yes, putting clutch on A is the correct thing to do, along with heel-toeing when downshifting.

oyo... maybe i should change my set-up again tonight .... wah~

driving on manual is so different than driving on auto :< it was so breezy before. just the right trigger to accelerate and the other trigger to reverse :< manual is like learning how to juggle :x

(but im enjoying the game so much so i wanna learn how to play it properly and be a better forza gamer !!!)

thanks thanks for tips <3 really appreciate yo! this is my first driving game and i absolutely have nooooooooooooo clues how to do anything properly haha <3

zorbsie

Ice cold dude. lol
Glad to see some new folks in here. Send me a message on live and I'll send over an invite to the club.
Also, I had some free time while my daughter had her nap today so I made a new header for our race weekend.

roadtripbanner2pji0q.jpg

Everyone is welcome to join us. We don't take the racing too seriously. We all vary in skill level. Sundays 2pm EST is when we race. The session usually last about 2 hours. This week we will be splitting the session up between Forza 5 and Horizon 2. Let me know here if you want in so I know who to send invites to.

Use the of the clutch is seamless in that setup.

I agree (I've used it since Forza 3), but it's still something else to learn; the boost in performance is marginal compared to timing.

Speaking of Forza 3, is Camino Viejo in FM5 yet, Zorbs?
Fucking next-gen
. Will try to be there on Sunday if I'm not busy murdering my grand-children in CK2.

Invis

I'm always in for Sundays. I won't be able to do the first half of the races this Sunday though as I don't have Forza 5.

I agree (I've used it since Forza 3), but it's still something else to learn; the boost in performance is marginal compared to timing.

I feel like if you're going to climb that hill (from automatic to manual), then you might as well go all the way.

I'm not an expert clutch user, but that's what I did, and I don't regret it.

I feel like if you're going to climb that hill (from automatic to manual), then you might as well go all the way.

I'm not an expert clutch user, but that's what I did, and I don't regret it.

I will try to use that setup if both of you are using it <3

then I will cry and go back to auto ;___;

maybe XD

why is this game so fun :x

I don't regret it.

Regret would be a strong emotion for this, wouldn't it? I more associate it with these

I will try to use that setup if both of you are using it

To upshift: release RT, hold A, press B, release A, grab RT*
To downshift: hold A, press X and squeeze RT briefly, release A

They're just rolling motions with your right hand, recreating the foot and hand-work in a real car, like so.

It's car-game nerdery just below buying an actual wheel and a funny chair and brown loafers. By all means do it if you want to.

Top Bottom