• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Regret would be a strong emotion for this, wouldn't it? I more associate it with these

To upshift: release RT, hold A, press B, release A, grab RT*
To downshift: hold A, press X and squeeze RT briefly, release A

They're just rolling motions with your right hand, recreating the foot and hand-work in a real car, like so.

It's car-game nerdery just below buying an actual wheel and a funny chair and brown loafers. By all means do it if you want to.

I do, I do :> I want to! game-nerdery yeeeeeeey ^_____^

thank you for the explanation on how to do it :> I changed the setup last night ... but I couldnt really understand the buttons. Is it config no.13??? :< I have to check later tonight. I only played a bit last night cuz I am behind on my NaNo :x

I would like to mention that Forza doesn't punish flat-shifting, so in most cars you can actually stay on the gas while upshifting and you'll be faster as a result.

aaaaaaaaaa niiiiiiice :>

thank you for the explanation on how to do it :> I changed the setup last night ... but I couldnt really understand the buttons. Is it config no.13??[

IIRC, default layout, swap handbrake and clutch from the list of options lower down in that menu (handbrake defaults to A, clutch to LB, which is just awkward as fuck).

IIRC, default layout, swap handbrake and clutch from the list of options lower down in that menu (handbrake defaults to A, clutch to LB, which is just awkward as fuck).

You are the awesome, sir <3 I shall do this as soon as I reach home o7

I just got my Ferrari Berlinetta from Barn Finds last night, too :>

fethebox

Neo Member
I should have read up on this game before I bought it, I was expecting an open world Forza Motorsport game not an arcade racer marketed under the Forza brand. It's my fault but that's money I'm never gonna get back.

fethebox

Neo Member
The driving doesn't feel anywhere near as realistic as Forza 5 and you're forced to play a bunch of not straight up racing gametypes in multiplayer. I'm not a car freak I just really fell in love with the competitive sim racing in Forza 5, it came with my XB1 purchase I never would have got that game if it didn't.

I guarantee a bunch of people who copped this game and have no prior experience with the Motorsport series are going to feel the same disappointment in the exact opposite ways when Forza 6 comes out, whenever that is.

RawNuts

I should have read up on this game before I bought it, I was expecting an open world Forza Motorsport game not an arcade racer marketed under the Forza brand. It's my fault but that's money I'm never gonna get back.
There is a demo for this game in the marketplace, but I'm guessing this was an impulse purchase just based on its name?

p3tran

Banned
I dont know about that fethebox.

driving itself actually is next best thing to forza motorsport on horizon 2.
you got the same great physics engine, but the limits are increased to fit the style of the game.
most notable increase is in grip, and especially car to car shenanigans. (forza 5 I really like that you cant go rubbin' too much without loosing it, much better approach than everything else in "sim", but horizon is a different type of car game, and I find the choice correct)

h2 still has the best handling/physics in consoles outside of forza5.
try another racer other than these two, and you will very soon realize ;)

but yes, forza 5 it is not.

fethebox

Neo Member
There is a demo for this game in the marketplace, but I'm guessing this was an impulse purchase just based on its name?

Yeah it was a total impulse purchase I just saw the Forza brand and copped it.

CrudeDiatrobe said:
I can't wait for the internet to get invented so we can look shit up before forking over $40-60 on something.

You seem very emotionally invested in my purchasing habits, stop that

To the guy above me:

I agree with you and the reasoning behind making the grip so much stickier and the car physics more forgiving, just not for me

p3tran

Banned
I agree with you and the reasoning behind making the grip so much stickier and the car physics more forgiving, just not for me
I understand you, but still you can have lots of fun building cars and cruising around doing stupid shit. beautiful sights, sound, great handling, and very nimble for 30fps.

overall, better than pretty much anything else.
but for your laptime/competition itch, there is always forza5 and hopefully next year, 6.

ps
given the comparo to f5, I have to say -again, forza 5 being a day 1 launch game made this generation the best ever for me regarding day 1 delivery 8)

I can't wait to see what Forza looks like with two years of polish.

I understand FH2 isn't for all race fans, but that game would be largely impossible without the changes. Imagine racing a Veneno on those off-road tracks with Forza 5 physics. :p

p3tran

Banned
I can't wait to see what Forza looks like with two years of polish.

I understand FH2 isn't for all race fans, but that game would be largely impossible without the changes. Imagine racing a Veneno on those off-road tracks with Forza 5 physics. :p

play with all assists off, all highest difficulty and best ai, with the wheel + sim steering, I promise you you cant win even now.
at least I can't. :D
no rewind you pussies! :D

I'm a controller guy, but I do play with most assists off. I don't use rewind -- well, sometimes when I'm drunk but not often.

My big FH2 crutch is full racing line. Those off-road races are a pain in the ass without it.

play with all assists off, all highest difficulty and best ai, with the wheel + sim steering, I promise you you cant win even now.
at least I can't. :D
no rewind you pussies! :D

you guys are hard core ;___; i feel so noob ;___;

doesnt matter still enjoy ^_________^

p3tran

Banned
You damn right we are! Splitting it up this week. first half forza 5 second Horizon 2.

oh man! I havent played forza 5 since before all the new games started to drop. gonna be special :D
fuck your highscores on geometry wars! I'm mowing you down today on both forzas lol 8)

I haven't played Forza 5 since September either. I hopped in for a bit last night and then this morning, and it feels so strange after two months of FH2.

What other options would work for you? I am sure we could modify it a bit to make it workable if you wanted to join.

:> aaaaaaah, you are so nice ^____^

but i sort of joined another crew (sorry gaf bros ;___;) but they are an Aussie/NZ club and their times match mine very nicely :D

but i donno. im new. i donno what they be doing every weekend so,... but this last weekend was quite fun, although impromptu :3

how was the gaf session? :D

Had a great time again. Forza 5 went better than expected (I guess because everyone was rusty) but I need some practice on those F1 cars to be competitive.

And Crude, sorry for blasting you through that corner. Wasn't intentional. Just lost control of the car. 8)

Had a great time again. Forza 5 went better than expected (I guess because everyone was rusty) but I need some practice on those F1 cars to be competitive.

And Crude, sorry for blasting you through that corner. Wasn't intentional. Just lost control of the car. 8)

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it wasnt intenshonal~

suuuuuuuuuuuuuure

XD

:>

aaaaaaaaaa sounds like you guys had fun ^_______^

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it wasnt intenshonal~

suuuuuuuuuuuuuure

XD

:>

aaaaaaaaaa sounds like you guys had fun ^_______^

We usually do. Most of us don't take it too seriously, so crazy things can occur.

The conversation can get, um, questionable at times though. Some of us can be a bit much at first...

RawNuts

how was the gaf session? :D
Faaaaantastic.

The F1 cars in Forza 5 are just as nuts as I remember, and Horizon 2 is always tons of fun.
We promise to get ZORBS some achievements next time, right? He has been pretty patient with us so far.
:p

Also, this happened, so that's pretty cool.

EDIT: Clip should work now; linking directly to a clip on the xbox website has its issues, as the link seems to change. Darn.

We usually do. Most of us don't take it too seriously, so crazy things can occur.

The conversation can get, um, questionable at times though. Some of us can be a bit much at first...

hahaha :> i can imagine! ^___^ the guys at my club were .... o_O too, but i guess tis games and we be gamin~ haha :>

zorbsie

Great time racing with everyone today! Always have a blast.
Update on my Team Player achievement: 45 wins. Only 5 more to go. I know what I'm playing tonight. If you see me online come join in and help me. Please help me...please.

Edit: Just got a car I already own in a wheel spin. It gave me the option to sell the car for 21K, it was a VW Golf R. Would be nice to be able to sell some cars instead of just deleting them.

I am having trouble remembering which corner I got knocked off at.

I had the most grief from the [ISR] person.

Pfffft. What was the last questionable conversation we had?

The F1 cars in Forza 5 are just as nuts as I remember, and Horizon 2 is always tons of fun.

Wait, you were there? What's your handle on XBL?

p3tran

Banned
sure thing. just make sure you either set records on those two cameras next to the central festival, or arrange to do an online session either with me or zorbs

Guys.... Guys.... I forza-ed until 3.30 AM last night. Its now 9 AM at work and my head is woozy like whoa :x

this game is evil ;____;

(i was trying the bucket lists >___<)

And now I wanna get off work and play some more already! XD

Well, shit. I hope you weren't there weeks/months ago when I was talking about you.

haha I have become rusty on forza :D
sorry for the people I crashed on f5. a yellow corvette (crude?) comes to mind... :D=

You beat the shit out of my yellow Vette, but it was in FH2, not FM5— I was still out buying a CO/gas detector for my home; apparently I fart a lot?

And now I wanna get off work and play some more already!

Clearly you'll have to get up an hour early and join the fun Monday morning.

In case anyone is as curious about aero parts as I am:

All only have Forza aero with the exception of the Buick GSX and Monte Carlo, both also have wing delete options and the Forza hood option. Esprit has wing delete.

The Range Rover and RS6 can both be swapped with the 5.2L V10 from the R8. Haven't checked the others yet.

Top Bottom