• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

ah ok thanks for explanation

So if I install the Rally transmission, but do not change anything in the Tuning screens, it should still help out with Storm Island races

Yeah, I I think so. It gives you a well-balanced setup for the Storm Island races.

Recently just got a One and could use a couple of racing buddies.

GT: Strikevillain

Game is tremendous and packed with content. Loving it so far. The inclusion of bucket list items are great. I loved FH1 and this one is so much better.

How do people make images like:

15492998390_0f14eccaec_o.jpg

Do they upload the anime pics somehow or are they just that damn good and design them in game??

Jrs3000

How do people make images like:

Do they upload the anime pics somehow or are they just that damn good and design them in game??

Layers, start with the most basic shapes to form a outline and then go back over again and again adding detail. The finish product will look like that.

So if I buy the VIP, I'll get a discount on Storm Island? What about the Car Pass?

Also, just bought this One last Friday- add me GAF! SheriffofPaddys

The VIP pass gives a half-off discount on Storm Island and presumably all future expansion packs, but there's no discount for the car pass.

Also, if you have Forza 5, buying the FM5 VIP pass will give you a half-off discount on the FH2 VIP pass.

Pimpbaa

Do rally tires only work in the expansion area? Feels like they don't offer much grip when off-road in the main game. Oh and I need some more FH2 buddies, my GT is CrustyNoob.

zorbsie

Was looking at the leaderboards for the speed trap beside the main hub. According to that there is more than one million users. I know that doesn't translate into sales, but that can't be a bad thing right?

Anyone having issues with FH2 at present? I can't get the game to start, seems to be stuck in an endless loop of loading.

Xbox Live seems to be fine doing anything else but loading my save for this

maeh2k

The giant Storm Island banner in the menu is a fucking usability disaster. It's now happened at least half a dozen times that I wanted to quickly pause and restart a race and accidentally selected the Storm Island banner. Each time I had to watch the entire Storm Island clip. Soon I might fork over the $20 just to get rid of the fucking video...

Velikost

Quick question: I know you can get up to 5 cars on your first start up of the game based on your tier in Forza rewards. Are those cars unlockable in the game through other means as well, or are they reserved for Forza Rewards unlocks?

I really want the Lamborghini, but I'm only Tier 3. Just wondering if I should keep grinding it out in Forza Horizon 1 and Forza 5 to get Tier 4 before I boot up Horizon 2

Pimpbaa

Was looking at the leaderboards for the speed trap beside the main hub. According to that there is more than one million users. I know that doesn't translate into sales, but that can't be a bad thing right?

Hope the sales are good, would love to see more DLC like Storm Island. Perhaps an area with snow and icy roads.

Just came here to say that the first Storm Island "Gauntlet"-event was the least fun /most frustrating thing I have ever done in any Forza game I can remember.
I don't consider myself a bad driver and get enraged a lot at online events or at bucket list point challenges, but normally I'm enraged in a way that still feels "fun". That Gauntlet thing felt like I'm being BS'ed by the devs or the game or whoever - like a bad joke that was on me. I just can't imagine people having fun with this or seeing it as a "hard challenge" to be overcome to proof yourself or anything...

After 15 minutes, I could see that this was going nowhere and turned the difficulty 2 levels down to "new racer" ...and even then I still only finished 2nd on my first try (yes, I know there is replay button! I usually don't need it on Pro-difficulty, wouldn't have thought, I'd need it on New Racer up until the 80% race-progress mark).

[Overall I'm really happy with the purchase of Storm Island though. It feels like a Codemasters Dirt game but with a great Turn10 touch to it.]

maeh2k

Just tried online road trips for the first time. I'm going to need to work on this. Also, I'll really have to prepare some competitive cars for the different classes.

zorbsie

Just tried online road trips for the first time. I'm going to need to work on this. Also, I'll really have to prepare some competitive cars for the different classes.

Online road trips are great. My only real complaint is that the timer to pick new cars is like 5 seconds. If you have a ton of cars in a class and don't know right away what you want you run out of time and get a default car. Also online road trips are great for XP and credits.

cantona222

I was trying to buy cheap cars to get the achievements (have 50 and 100 cars in your garage). However, buying multiple cars at the same time is a chore. The loading and saving time for each car purchased takes a lot of time. Did anyone face the same problem?

New car pack is out!

Forza Horizon 2 G-Shock Car Pack:

- 2015 Nissan IDx NISMO
- 1980 Subaru BRAT GL
- 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Shelby
- 1975 Ford Bronco
- 1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial
- 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 (free)

Trailer

Pretty cool pack honestly.

God damn that's a terrible list. The Nissan is okay, the Bronco is terrible, the SVT is just something we could've made with the original Raptor, the 500 is extremely similar to cars we already have, and the Subaru is like the worst possible Subaru you could've picked for a game like this, especially when we lack the SVX and Legacies.

The Mazda being the free car is okay but it's just a returning car so nothing special.

Definitely the worst pack in any Forza game so far, I suppose the streak of fantastic cars in FH2 packs had to end some day.

God damn that's a terrible list. The Nissan is okay, the Bronco is terrible, the SVT is just something we could've made with the original Raptor, the 500 is extremely similar to cars we already have, and the Subaru is like the worst possible Subaru you could've picked for a game like this, especially when we lack the SVX and Legacies.

The Mazda being the free car is okay but it's just a returning car so nothing special.

Definitely the worst pack in any Forza game so far, I suppose the streak of fantastic cars in FH2 packs had to end some day.

Oh come on man! The Brat is PERFECT for Forza Horizon. It is such a great, quirky car! And the Bronco is also a great addition. I dunno, I really dig the oddball cars they give us.

zorbsie

Pretty good car pack. The Raptor is the only weak car in the lot. I think FH2 car packs have been better than the FM5 car packs. That's why I didn't get the car pass with this game. I think I can wait for a sale to pick it up now.

lem0n

I hate concept cars in games like this. Replace Nissan with something like the BAC Mono or the AMG GT and we have a winner IMO. Raptor was a lazy choice as well. Oh well, Ill still buy it for the BRAT.

KePoW

Banned
New car pack is out!

Forza Horizon 2 G-Shock Car Pack:

- 2015 Nissan IDx NISMO
- 1980 Subaru BRAT GL
- 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Shelby
- 1975 Ford Bronco
- 1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial
- 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 (free)

Trailer

Pretty cool pack honestly.

thanks for posting this, since I don't keep up regularly with the car packs

Klocker

Anybody else having issues with horizon coming out of standby mode with game open ..since the last update /car pack?

It locks up and need to restart, it then keeps loading the intro song endlessly until I reboot machine. :(

I'm getting this now as well. Played some Horizon 2 maybe an hour ago, tried to resume my session just now. Blank screen for the game when the console starts up, and then trying to restart Horizon 2 just leaves me stuck at the loading screen with the theme music. Rebooting the Xbox One doesn't help. I'm more than a little miffed right now.

KePoW

Banned
try switching to Energy Saving power mode, and doing hard reset by turning off console, then unplugging power cord for a minute

hitgirl

What's the resolution and FPS of forza horizon 2 on Xbox 360? I really liked the first one, but I don't want to buy a Xbone. I have a xbox 360 but I've been playing racers that look insane on my PC and wondering if I've gone too far and can't go back to 360 racers.

e90Mark

What's the resolution and FPS of forza horizon 2 on Xbox 360? I really liked the first one, but I don't want to buy a Xbone. I have a xbox 360 but I've been playing racers that look insane on my PC and wondering if I've gone too far and can't go back to 360 racers.

1080p/30fps

GHG

Gold Member

Have to agree here and say the car pack gets a thumbs down from me this time. I prefer on road modern cars personally. Only the Nismo and Mazda will get some playtime from me.

Top Bottom