• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Am I supposed to be doing only 1 of the 6-8 championships at each location then moving on? I tried to go back to a previous location to choose a new championship, and it told me non championships available.

Will I eventually be able to go back and do the rest?

Am I supposed to be doing only 1 of the 6-8 championships at each location then moving on? I tried to go back to a previous location to choose a new championship, and it told me non championships available.

Will I eventually be able to go back and do the rest?

Yes. I think it cycles through locations. You'd be able to go back and do the rest on the next cycles :D

I am sorry but are there some driving wheels compatible with both Xbox One and PC?
I would love to play Forza 5 and Horizon 2 on wheel.

Is this wheel any good? http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition
Is there something else? I really hate that MS consoles have that poor wheel compatibility.

That's the only one for now and it's pretty good. Well the wheel base is, the rim and pedals aren't great but can be swapped out.

Works well on Forza 5 and flipping great on Horizon 2. There's a huge difference in how they feel, you get a real sense of grip on the road of Horizon whereas it's somewhat lacking in FM. It's awesome.

Much better force feedback then we ever had on Xbox 360.

What's the best way to drive with GAF? I posted in one of the threads a while back but only had a few people add me and never managed to hook up properly.

Just wanna join for some fun shenanigans

OrangeOak

That's the only one for now and it's pretty good. Well the wheel base is, the rim and pedals aren't great but can be swapped out.

Works well on Forza 5 and flipping great on Horizon 2. There's a huge difference in how they feel, you get a real sense of grip on the road of Horizon whereas it's somewhat lacking in FM. It's awesome.

Much better force feedback then we ever had on Xbox 360.

So that's why I couldn't find anything more.Thank you very much for your answer :)
Good to hear that it works ok.
Is there any chance that there will be some new great wheel for PC/Xbox One or maybe Logitech support in the near future or is it safe to say that this will be the best option for quite some time? I just don't know if there is some news or MS hints that I am missing.

Fanatec are supposed to working on Xbox One compatibility for the CSW v2, haven't heard anything recently and it's sure to be expensive.

Despite the build quality the TX works really well.

Jackson

Oh man I just got back into this. Been playing the crap out of it.

This game would literally be perfect if you could create clubs with rules. Like everyone plays with drive assist off. Or real damage. Or no rewinds. Or even race very specific specced cars. So that online could feel more fair.

Drag racing my tuned Alfa 33 online which can only be beaten by other Alfa 33's or if people try to crash into me is fun to win I guess, but when you leave the other cars behind so badly even with the extra head start it doesn't really seem fair. And if you don't use that car you won't win, others who do will.

Still love the game though.

The Stradale does dominate the Saint Martin drag showdown, but that's a one-and-done unless you really just love drag racing in which case you should be playing FM5. :p

I do wish that they would allow us to choose races based on groups rather than just classes, but I feel like the assist choices are offset well enough by the XP modifiers.

What's the best way to drive with GAF? I posted in one of the threads a while back but only had a few people add me and never managed to hook up properly.

Just wanna join for some fun shenanigans

We've been racing every Sunday. I imagine we'll do Storm Island again this Sunday. You're welcome to friend me and join in whenever. I'd friend you, but your GT isn't listed in your GAF profile.

Kssio_Aug

If only you didn't hit the wall at the very end, haha.

Yeah, the problem was that hill / elevation at the left side of the build, I lost control in there. I had to restart the race cause that Drivatar was winning the championship with 4 or 6 points ahead of me after this one. =(
At least I beated him later.

zorbsie

SmartWaffles and Greenwood, club invites sent over to you.

OK so who's up for weekend road trips? We don't have to do storm island if some of us don't have it. Let me know here if you can make it for Sunday 2ish EST and if you have the DLC. Don't be shy, come out and race with us. Even in public lobbies, we are the only ones talking :)

zorbsie

Racing is tomorrow, you're all good SkinnerSw33t. Got the achievements for winning at car meets in the main game and storm island. All thanks to Xmas noobs. I thought id never get those cheevos.

I just Horizon 2 and the TX wheel for Xmas and I played for a short bit and I'm having a bit of an issue with wheel lock.

The wheel is set to 900, the menu is set to 900, but the in game model and the car is locked at 270. I'm able to turn the wheel 900 degrees but the game's only inputting the first 270. Anyone run into this?

I just Horizon 2 and the TX wheel for Xmas and I played for a short bit and I'm having a bit of an issue with wheel lock.

The wheel is set to 900, the menu is set to 900, but the in game model and the car is locked at 270. I'm able to turn the wheel 900 degrees but the game's only inputting the first 270. Anyone run into this?

The wheel in cockpit view doesn't rotate 900°. Check your telemetry, it will show your steering angle.

If you are still only getting 270° then unplug the wheel and plug it back in.

Joe

there's about 5 items on the third bucket list that i just can't do. im not good enough and its incredibly frustrating. still fun though

zorbsie

Sorry I had to bail so early today. Had to take the kids to grandmas, I totally forgot. Next weekend won't be as crazy around here and should be a longer session for me.

Ambient80

Anyone having issues with discovering roads? I have a lot that are marked as undiscovered or whatever, but driving them doesn't give me credit for discovering them. :(

Zenner

How's the 360 version of this game? Worthwhile? Am I missing out on the essential experience if I play it on last gen?

From what I read over at the Forza Motorsport forums, the 360 is not be getting any DLC (including various car packs, as well as land expansions) and also will not accrue any points towards the monthly Tier Rewards credit bonuses. Many angry peeps, on those forums. As far as gameplay, I've only read a few comparison reviews but 360 owners seem to be generally satisfied with that aspect, at least.

Cool to meet up with a few GAF peeps today. Apologies for my terrible driving skills. It gets better, I swear. :p

A note for future Storm Island drivers - the expansion makes you run a solo intro race when you arrive, followed by a return drive to a hub, before allowing you to do anything online on the island. Just mentioning that, in case anyone else grabs the expansion last-minute, and has trouble joining the multiplayer gang right away. :eek:

So what's up with Club XP? I saw that item being listed in the race rewards today, in online races. Is that what gets applied to the club's XP pool, or is that a bonus to personal XP for racing with fellow club members?

Also, is there decent documentation for the game online somewhere? I'm not having any luck finding decent writeups on Horizon 2.

KePoW

Banned
Hi All --

I have not played in a couple months, but just got the Storm Island XP and messed around a bit tonight.

Noticed I have three identical Lambo Huracans in my garage now... is there any reason to keep all 3? Or should I just go ahead and Remove two of them. (can you do anything else?)

Hi All --

I have not played in a couple months, but just got the Storm Island XP and messed around a bit tonight.

Noticed I have three identical Lambo Huracans in my garage now... is there any reason to keep all 3? Or should I just go ahead and Remove two of them. (can you do anything else?)

I tweaked one to X and left the other one at S level. But other than that, no, I dont think there's any reasons to keep multiples of them :> Except if you just want to rock like Huracans~ yoooo~

So what's up with Club XP? I saw that item being listed in the race rewards today, in online races. Is that what gets applied to the club's XP pool, or is that a bonus to personal XP for racing with fellow club members?

I'm pretty sure it's both. Club XP is bonus XP for racing online with other club members, and all XP you earn goes into the club pool.

Edit: Club XP is bonus XP for racing online as a member of a club.

KePoW

Banned
It doesn't appear in the preview image for some reason, but they should all have different paint jobs on them.

oh shit really? thanks for mentioning that, I didn't actually get into all three to drive them

on the Garage selection screen they all look like the yellow one

oh shit really? thanks for mentioning that, I didn't actually get into all three to drive them

on the Garage selection screen they all look like the yellow one

oh ya, i forgot to mention that, sorry! they have fun paint jobs on them, i only keep the one with the fishes though. the lovelove thing was a bit meh for me

huracan~

KePoW

Banned
Also for Storm Island --

I can guess how Rally tires and Rally suspension help your vehicle, I assume they are definitely worth it?

But what does Rally transmission do? Especially for someone like me who is not going to mess with tuning. I don't know anything about cars and don't want to spend any time in the complicated Tuning screens. Should I still install Rally transmission for every Storm Island car/race?

The rally transmission shortens the gears, so more acceleration but less top-end speed.

I think this transmission is basically meant as a plug-and-play for people who don't want to mess with it, but the same thing can be achieved with the sport and race gearboxes.

KePoW

Banned
The rally transmission shortens the gears, so more acceleration but less top-end speed.

I think this transmission is basically meant as a plug-and-play for people who don't want to mess with it, but the same thing can be achieved with the sport and race gearboxes.

ah ok thanks for explanation

So if I install the Rally transmission, but do not change anything in the Tuning screens, it should still help out with Storm Island races

Top Bottom