• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Game has a few bugs, hopefully its patched soon. Sometimes the loading screen starts acting up, geometry disappeared and the game has crashed twice. Usually it's fine, bit there are some bugs that need to be fixed.

Hopefully that's patched in quick.

There should be some more members with the game by now. Let's hear some impressions folks.

What is the general opinion regarding what version to purchase?
Am I fine with the just the regular Day One edition?
I don't really care about extra cars that much. The difference between 200 cars and 260 after DLC packs means little to me. I will likely just find the early 90's Toyota Supra and as long as that's good in this game spend the majority of my time in that. :) Love the Supra.

The deluxe edition comes with the VIP pass that has experience boost abilities. Am I going to be crippled without this?

I don't want to spend more money that I need to, but I don't want to be "left behind" because I was too cheap to buy a couple of upgrades.

One of the big advantages to the VIP pass is that you will level up/earn money at twice the rate as a non-VIP member.

m23

I really don't like the way multiplayer standings are handled. Each event is voted on which consists of 4 races. No matter what position you get in each race, the end result for the entire event comes down to skill points. So you could be getting in first place each race but still end up getting placed second or third overall in the event.

I was hoping standings would be similar to single player where after each race you get points based on your position.

Megasoum

Banned
It's for sure 12 EST that this baby unlocks? I think I'm just going to preload today.

Didn't they say 12am EST in the past but it ended up unlocking later in the day?

Or maybe I'm thinking of Sony..not sure.

I took the day off tomorrow for Horizon and Mordor. Mordor unlocks at 1PM on Steam so I'm hoping to have FH2 in the morning.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Yeah. So is that worth $20? Does that level up boost last forever?

It's permanent.

Forza Horizon 2 VIP Membership (regular $19.99; 50 percent off or $9.99 for Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members) is like a backstage pass at the Horizon Festival, giving you access to cool content you can only get here. VIP members will receive exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the VIP Car Pack, featuring five cars (four of which are brand new to the Forza franchise). These five cars include the 2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO. VIP membership also awards with 2x player in-game reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition. Current Forza Motorsport 5 VIPs receive a $10 discount on digital purchases of Forza Horizon 2 VIP membership or any Forza Horizon 2 digital offer that includes VIP membership. (Note that this discount only applies to digital offers of Forza Horizon 2.)

http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/games-forza-horizon-2-free-cars

Neat, I might actually get the digital version of the game given there isn't a physical collector's edition. I have the CE of Fora 5 so I believe I have VIP membership.

FordGTGuy

Banned
The cash bonus in FM5 was a HUGE help.

Oh I know I'm just saying that it was also used as a status symbol with the crowns in lobbies. Honestly Deluxe is basically the Forza hardcores way of supporting the franchise and letting them make a little more money on the game.

Navy Bean

The cash bonus in FM5 was a HUGE help.

I waffled on the pre-order screens for like an hour yesterday before finally deciding to get the Deluxe lol. I don't really need the extra cars but quicker advancement finally pushed me over the edge. It's probably not worth $20 but now that the money is spent I'm sure I'll appreciate it. Plus, the 1967 Ferrari looks pretty sweet.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I waffled on the pre-order screens for like an hour yesterday before finally deciding to get the Deluxe lol. I don't really need the extra cars but quicker advancement finally pushed me over the edge. It's probably not worth $20 but now that the money is spent I'm sure I'll appreciate it. Plus, the 1967 Ferrari looks pretty sweet.

Everyone is talking Tesla and forgetting this beauty.

hIb8Vwv.jpg

E92 M3

Day One Deluxe secured! The Forza 5 weekend got me back into racing games, leading me to pick up a physical copy of the game the very same weekend. The Horizon 2 demo sent me into full on addict mode.

That's why demos and trials are so important for selling a good product. One of the things Microsoft got completely right with the 360.

RyudBoy

I really don't like the way multiplayer standings are handled. Each event is voted on which consists of 4 races. No matter what position you get in each race, the end result for the entire event comes down to skill points. So you could be getting in first place each race but still end up getting placed second or third overall in the event.

I was hoping standings would be similar to single player where after each race you get points based on your position.

Wow, that sounds awful. Do you have to finish the race no matter what place you come in to get the skill points?

11 hrs to go. Wooooooo!

psychotron

That's why demos and trials are so important for selling a good product. One of the things Microsoft got completely right with the 360.

I agree. Can't tell you how many games I bought for 360 just because I randomly downloaded the demo and loved it. There should be more focus on demo's this gen.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
One of the big advantages to the VIP pass is that you will level up/earn money at twice the rate as a non-VIP member.

Will you? Has this been confirmed? I expected that with the forza 5 VIP but it only gives you 2x bonus when you level up. You don't earn money any faster, and you don't get any extra XP

Will you? Has this been confirmed? I expected that with the forza 5 VIP but it only gives you 2x bonus when you level up. You don't earn money any faster, and you don't get any extra XP

I found VIP bonus and freebies more than enough in F5, never completed a garage before then. I thought it doubled the winnings.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

That's because everyone can have different assists on. You could be playing with all assists on and someone else can be racing with all assists off which isn't fair so even if you beat him he could win because he had to use more skill.

Top Bottom