• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Kssio_Aug

Ive done a race that you need to take a McLaren (I think its the P1) to the end of the route with 1 min. and 30 seconds. My god, the sense of speed on that car is absolutely crazy!

Dabanton

Extremely close to biting the bullet on this and getting it. But whats this I hear about people in the dash previews versions crashing?

Kssio_Aug

I'm level 50 VIP with the perk and I've won 10 cars and gotten 100K+ 2 or 3 times. Not sure if that's better than the norm though.

Im level 7, won one car and a 75k prize already. With the VIP, the car plus the price bonus twice and 150k.

That said, the WheelSpin is indeed a great addition! You really feel rewarded (with or without VIP I think).

The Lamborghini Veneno bucket list is also insane.

Still need to try that one! Gonna look for it! :p

HeliosT10

Extremely close to biting the bullet on this and getting it. But whats this I hear about people in the dash previews versions crashing?

The latest update to the beta dash contains a fix for that issue.

To everyone in the beta dash program, if you haven't updated yet please do so!

Bessy67

What's the best way to start? I usually end up just flooring it and losing time while my tires just spin. What's the best method for getting off to a good start?

TMWNN35

The hard bucket list challenges are actually pretty hard.

I beat the one in the Bowler after several tries but I gave up on the Lancia "Rally through the forest at night" one. Its impossible to even see where the damn road is.

U2NUMB

In the preview here and no crashes... about 5 hours of play. Not sure if I have updated but will do tonight to make sure.

GO BUY THE DAMN GAME! :)

I teetered back and forth on the fence the last few days before breaking down and buying it last night, and honestly I wish I had just bought it day 1. This game is absolutely incredible...if you are considering getting it, then just get it. The hype is real my friend.

TMWNN35

It's like they got the correct exhaust note for a handful of cars and then just said "fuck it" for the rest. The C7 was the most obvious example of this to me, it just sounds horrible and nothing like the awesomeness of the LT-1.

I do find its a bit of a mixed bag in this area. In FH1 the Ferrari's all sounded great barring the F40, in FH2 the F40 sounds great but the 360 and 355 not so much :(

The R32 GTR sounds much better the FM5 thankfully.

Most of the American V8's sound pretty good too, though I wish the GT500 Mustang had a more pronounced supercharger whine.

The hard bucket list challenges are actually pretty hard.

I beat the one in the Bowler after several tries but I gave up on the Lancia "Rally through the forest at night" one. Its impossible to even see where the damn road is.

You don't follow the road. I saved my video of me doing it. I posted it earlier in the thread but it moves quickly. This should give you an idea how to do it:

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...bble&vid=fe36d82c-32c7-4535-8f13-097d1635f87a

I do find its a bit of a mixed bag in this area. In FH1 the Ferrari's all sounded great barring the F40, in FH2 the F40 sounds great but the 360 and 355 not so much :(

The R32 GTR sounds much better the FM5 thankfully.

Most of the American V8's sound pretty good too, though I wish the GT500 Mustang had a more pronounced supercharger whine.

I heard an interview recently where Playground said the sound is somewhat exaggerated in FH2 compared to FM5 - is a deliberate thing due to the more arcade nature of the game.

shermas

If I join an online freeroam, does the game automatically try to put me with other GAF racers?

In the few online freeroams I've done, I don't think I've raced against anyone from the club yet.

Wow, you just barely made it. Thanks for the tip.

I don't play in cockpit view and only did in that bucket list. I'd suggest trying that out at least a couple times if you don't usually use it.

After uploading the video I did one more attempt (largely on accident) and I had an extremely smooth run to the open field. Usually a good run would be hitting the field at 40 seconds and I got to it at around 36-37 seconds. I then misjudged a tree but at this point I'm pretty sure I could finish it with 2-3 seconds remaining if I really felt like doing it more.

Spasm

The latest update to the beta dash contains a fix for that issue.

To everyone in the beta dash program, if you haven't updated yet please do so!
This update went out last night, yes? I still had one lock after updating. I was moving onto the next road trip, it asked me to choose a new event, and while browsing the recommended cars, the game locked. Let it sit for a while, but it was dead. Killed the app and have done the same thing several times since with no more issues.

FordGTGuy

Banned
General FordGTGuy touring France

GetPhoto1ashx.jpg~original

;D Man this game is great.

HaleStorm

You don't follow the road. I saved my video of me doing it. I posted it earlier in the thread but it moves quickly. This should give you an idea how to do it:

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...bble&vid=fe36d82c-32c7-4535-8f13-097d1635f87a

This seems to be true for many of the challenges. Fuck the route, and do what comes easy. That forest one was a pain though. I just aimed for the overpass and hit the go button. I kept missing it by a second or so. turned rewind back on and killed it by almost 1 seconds. Go figure.

On another note, doe anyone have any idea where to buy just the base for a Thrustmaster TX? I want to get a wheel, but I don't want the wheel or the pedals that come with the kit, and would rather not spend an additional $2-300 and have shit just laying around. Tireless searching has left me empty handed.

On another note, doe anyone have any idea where to buy just the base for a Thrustmaster TX? I want to get a wheel, but I don't want the wheel or the pedals that come with the kit, and would rather not spend an additional $2-300 and have shit just laying around. Tireless searching has left me empty handed.

Dont know if there is a real market for just the base yet. Most of the people who bought one got it for XB1. Your looking for someone who bought a TX for PC use then somehow got a T500 or T300 and decided to sell the TX base. I dont think that person exist.

dugdug

Banned
If you're experiencing game freezes/lockups, can you please let me know the below pieces of information. This will aid us greatly in our investigations. Thanks in advance.

- Are you on the beta dashboard program
- Can you post a picture of your console info. You can find this out by following these steps on the Xbox One dash: settings->system->console info
- How full in % terms is your hard drive
- Are you using an external hard drive

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not divulge any of this info publicly.

PM sent. Thanks, man!

New002

Normally I don't care, but for some reason I think it'd be neat to be able to create your own driver in this game and adjust their appearance. I haven't poked around too much so if this IS a thing then don't mind me :p

psychotron

Normally I don't care, but for some reason I think it'd be neat to be able to create your own driver in this game and adjust their appearance. I haven't poked around too much so if this IS a thing then don't mind me :p

I was thinking the same thing. Considering how much we see Generic Joe, it'd be nice to customize him. Driving around with a sombrero on and a ridiculously huge mustache would be excellent.

Foshy

Did the first couple of races and got to Nizza. Game is amazing, has the potential to become my favorite racing game ever. I'm gonna have a great time between this and Driveclub.

By the way, it seems like I can play online even without Live Gold? I let my sub run out and it still works. Surprised me.

That 100k skill Ariel atom challenge is going to make me snap my controller in half.

I'm having that feeling now with the off-road races in Sisteron. You're lucky to be going about 90 and while racing the "Highly Skilled" drivatars it seems like the top 3-4 can go about 20+ MPH faster with no chance of catching up. Then while you're struggling to keep up here comes the cars from the back al of a sudden passing you like you're standing still.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
God, they haven't changed the car shop at all from forza 5.

You still cant filter out free cars, and when you eventually find a free car it bloody resets you back to 'a'

And the designs aren't downloading for me (server problem)

Matty8787

Unlocks for me at midnight! Can't wait.

Add me guys I want loads of people on my friends to have this for future races etc.

GT: Matty8787

That 100k skill Ariel atom challenge is going to make me snap my controller in half.

I actually had a blast with this one! Remove TCS/STM/etc and just drift around EVERYTHING. I got the 100k in one skill chain. I also may have redid a few times to get some extra XP.

I'm having that feeling now with the off-road races in Sisteron. You're lucky to be going about 90 and while racing the "Highly Skilled" drivatars it seems like the top 3-4 can go about 20+ MPH faster with no chance of catching up. Then while you're struggling to keep up here comes the cars from the back al of a sudden passing you like you're standing still.

I am pretty sure there is some incredibly shady shit going on with the off road races. I have seen the AI completely disregard checkpoints along with the unreal way they can just fly over the ground at speeds that I am fairly confident aren't feasible to human players. I am not sure what is going on with those races, but I have been avoiding them when I can because they have just become an exercise in frustration.

Son of Zardoz

Neo Member
Amazing game--I've only been able to get a couple of hours in so far, but this weekend it is on. Add the first gen Scion xB please! I'd buy that dlc in a heartbeat to be able to drive my real life car in the game.

Gestault

Finally beat the Ariel atom challenge after removing TCS and being able to actually drift the car.

I really have trouble enjoying like 95% of the cars in these games with TCS enabled. I've been the same way through the core Forza games too. Once I hit actual racing class vehicles, it's maybe 50/50.

STM is the devil though. I don't know why you'd do that to your handling.

psychotron

God, they haven't changed the car shop at all from forza 5.

You still cant filter out free cars, and when you eventually find a free car it bloody resets you back to 'a'

And the designs aren't downloading for me (server problem)

Great. Still server problems??? I was hoping that shit would be fixed by the time I got home from work today. Last night was a pain in the ass with those issues. Racing rivals I was consistently interrupted by a message saying there was a server error and my ghost wouldn't be saved.

Top Bottom