• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Holy shit look at that fucking speed:
Ud51ICl.png

Gestault

WOW. That was bullshit. I just clicked on the "Forza Horizon 3 car pass" out of curiosity, and MS opens up a window for a $30 charge. Hitting B on the controller wouldn't get me out of the menu, and the cursor was stuck on the "buy" button and wouldn't move. I tapped the mouse and it INSTANTLY BUYS the car pass. I'm fucking livid.

edit - what does the car pass even do :\

That sounds like a nightmare, but also different from what I'm seeing on the interface. Did you click the listing, or "Buy"? Also, the product description on the page sort of answers your question:

I6GUmHQ.png

Edit: I just checked, and normally at least, hitting escape, clicking outside of the purchase confirmation, or clicking cancel pulls you out. Refunds are easy at this point through support calls/chats, thankfully.

Chris R

That sounds like a nightmare, but also different from what I'm seeing on the interface. Did you click the listing, or "Buy"? Also, the product description on the page sort of answers your question:

I6GUmHQ.png

Edit: I just checked, and normally at least, hitting escape, clicking outside of the purchase confirmation, or clicking cancel pulls you out. Refunds are easy at this point through support calls/chats, thankfully.

That isn't the window you see from in game. It's a much smaller window, you can't use a controller, have to use the mouse.

Bravoexo

Has anyone been able to purchase the "Pre-order Edition" cars from the auction house? I get some marketplace error when I try to bid or buyout these cars.

Played briefly on xbox just get the warthhog and pre order cars loaded, went back to pc to "buy" the 16 free cars. Only problem is the amg one, cant reuse/get in it unless i do it on xbox coz of a marketplace error.

Cyanity

Banned

I6GUmHQ.png

My purchase window was different. I clicked on the ingame "car pass" and it opened a small separate window (overlaid over the game) and had me sign in. Cursor was stuck to the buy button once I logged in and there was no confirmation of purchase after I accidentally clicked "buy".

I tried hitting escape, and pressing buttons on the controller to no avail before accidentally hitting buy, btw.

Najaf

Having such shit luck with wheel spins. No HE cars. Multiple 2k-30k prizes.

Also agree with others that they need to address the traffic in drift zones. Cut traffic there by 50% and make all AI enter and drive in one direction. Its a cluster every time.

desu

My purchase window was different. I clicked on the ingame "car pass" and it opened a small separate window (overlaid over the game) and had me sign in. Cursor was stuck to the buy button once I logged in and there was no confirmation of purchase after I accidentally clicked "buy".

I tried hitting escape, and pressing buttons on the controller to no avail before accidentally hitting buy, btw.

Yes thats on PC, its super annoying! The same extra window/application appears when adding friends and so on. Suddenly your mouse does not work correctly anymore.

I would contact the MS support and ask them for a refund.

AcridMeat

Banned
How do I turn off the windows notifications when someone beats a high score? That is terribly annoying.

e: I need to stop posting, just needed to right click on the notification list.

Okay. The
Silent Cartographer
Bucket List is pretty good. Shame they cheaped out with
The Trials
for the track, though.

Gestault

Yeah, that blows (and shouldn't be acceptable). Do you best to get a refund.

Klocker

Look for a block of cars ending around the same time, within 1-3 minutes of each other. What you're looking for is for most of them to have low starting bids like 200-500k. Find the one that has no bids in the middle that starts at 6-800k. Bid on it. Everyone ties their money up in the cheap ones and end up in bid wars while yours completes without any competition. I've had a lot of success winning HE cars this way.

I usually bid on stuff when I'm doing other things around the house. I'll find the right car, bid on it then come back and see if I won.

The problem with bid wars is it ties up your money until the auction ends and it keeps extending the time.

That's my strategy as well ...and although I was frustrated that I couldn't cash out my bid before it's sold, I realize now that it keeps people from griefing by just bumping it up and bailing with their money until the sale is done at least

jesu

Damn :( Was running great... working on drift zones with my new drift tune. Classic skill song comes on 23 mins!

aaaaaand game crashes with 19 min left rip ;_;

Try this out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54ulbc/for_anyone_in_need_of_drift_tunes/

I did the default tune and was able to knock out a couple 3 stars pretty easily. Just lift off the gas, hit ebrake, turn in, then start feathering the gas while steering to keep the drift alive.

I suggest tuning a skills or drift bonus car so that you can rack up a bunch of skill points while you grind out the zones.

Nice!
I downloaded the BMW M4 Coupe set up.
It controls like a drift car from NFS 2015 now.
Need to try those drift challenges now though...

Melkaz

Noticed this on the Goliath race. Would be rinsing the competition and then all of a sudden they are right up my arse and if I fall too far behind the AI speed drops to let me catch up. Kinda ridiculous.

It's quite apparent in this race indeed. The same stuff happens every race:

1. you gain a lead large enough for the CPU to drop of the mini map
2. Suddenly #1 and #2 are catching up really fast and overtake you
3. However once they are in the lead you catch up really easy again
4. repeat 2 & 3 for 30 minutes(when during 3 laps)

"Thankfully" the AI craps out in this race a lot, I had cars #3 until #12 pop up in front of me during the second lap(lap behind) and the CPU randomly get stuck. They have a lot of issues in the sandy parts.

I even did a race on the easiest difficulty and even though I won easily the car #2 wouldn't leave my tail.

Hopefully this won't occur in Forza 7..Not minding it that much in Horizon since you still win most of the times.

terrible

Banned
This rubber banding is some fucking bullshit.

It's pretty annoying sometimes. I just did an S class race on a track and a couple of the AI pulled off top 50 leaderboard times. I still won the race but could it get more obvious that they cheat?

Dubz

How do you level up areas like Surfers and Byrons Bay? Both are level 2 for me right now and I'm not sure on what to do to get them higher.

zorbsie

I have a feeling the AI isn't affected by the terrain like the player is. The races I have the most difficulty with are the off road races. Water, tall grass and trees don't seem to slow them down like they do for the player vehicle. Super annoying. Worst part is like someone already mentioned, if you lower the AI difficulty it doesn't really change anything. It's infuriating driving a S1/S2 off road truck with a 7/8 speed rating and have a Warthog pass you which can't be upgraded past A with a 4.5 speed rating.

Also I hate that upgrading a car is almost useless in the game. No matter what you do the AI is always in a car that is as good/better. I liked it more when they didn't get tunes and were just stock. If I tune my car to an S1 make all the AI stock S1 cars.

Devildoll

finally , an XP boost car that doesn't under-steer.

Ran 6 laps of the goliath with this bad boy 9m21s!, and then found out that the game lied to me, this car is actually a credits boost car.

giphy.gif

Whoever is responsible for that... you owe me a drink.

jesu

After days of shit luck with the spins I spent about 300k on buying extra spins there.
Won a Ford Shelby GT500 a McLaren 650s Coupe and a Subaru BRZ HE!

Daffy Duck

I have a feeling the AI isn't affected by the terrain like the player is. The races I have the most difficulty with are the off road races. Water, tall grass and trees don't seem to slow them down like they do for the player vehicle. Super annoying. Worst part is like someone already mentioned, if you lower the AI difficulty it doesn't really change anything. It's infuriating driving a S1/S2 off road truck with a 7/8 speed rating and have a Warthog pass you which can't be upgraded past A with a 4.5 speed rating.

Also I hate that upgrading a car is almost useless in the game. No matter what you do the AI is always in a car that is as good/better. I liked it more when they didn't get tunes and were just stock. If I tune my car to an S1 make all the AI stock S1 cars.

Yep, those cross circuits of off road and road races are BS with the AI being demons off road when I'm in my amazing car and they speed by.

shagia

been playing for about 3 hours now, sadly the game runs poorly on my computer, so it's gonna have to be xbox for meh until I finish building my next computey

terrible

Banned
finally , an XP boost car that doesn't under-steer.

Ran 6 laps of the goliath with this bad boy 9m21s!, and then found out that the game lied to me, this car is actually a credits boost car.

giphy.gif

Whoever is responsible for that... you owe me a drink.

I got the HE Huracan and it said it was an XP boost car on the wheelspin page too. In my garage it shows the correct "skill boost" label though.

Mr.Fusion

My brother has been playing this on XB1 for about 15 hours. He has opened the Outback and Surfers Paradise festivals, but the Social and Rivals tabs have still not unlocked. Is his save messed up?

Just now getting my teeth in and I think my favorite thing is the flurry of camera angles and cuts right before or after a race starts. It's so fast and smooth and looks so cool. Their letter boxing is on point too.

eek5

Fuck drifting challenges. This HSV Maloo Bucket List drift challenge feels like an impossibility. Tips?

Yeah that was annoying. The car isn't really even tuned to drift.

One tip I can give you is that you can get better entry speed if you just turn around when you start and cut through the grass to enter the drift zone straight on. From there I just used ebrake pretty liberally.

Just now getting my teeth in and I think my favorite thing is the flurry of camera angles and cuts right before or after a race starts. It's so fast and smooth and looks so cool. Their letter boxing is on point too.

I hate the letter boxing on 21:9 though. It's a 21:9 letterbox inside a 16:9 letterbox. drives me insane lol

TEH-CJ

Banned
Can someone explain to me why after 6 fucking games I still can't change the exhaust tips on my car? Does turn 10 realise how stupid this looks?

Driving around with a rocket bunny body kit and 700 hp yet I still have a tiny little restricted exhaust tip. It's honesty absurd Turn 10 haven't put in the effort to change this after all these years.

And why do the Rb26 engines sound so awful? They sound like something out of the old gt games.

First impressions are not good.

GHG

I just spent 200k credits on spins and won both the Lamborghini Hurucan HE and the Mustang HE lmao. When your lucks in your lucks in.

The Hurucan is went straight to the auction house since I already have one. Ends in around an hour, starting price at 600k in case anyone is interested in starting a bidding war for me :p

Dubz

I wish I could just change cars without having to go "home". Sometimes the car I have is terrible for the random race I join, and not being able to switch my car before the race is a bummer.

J3ffro

Almost level 70 and still no Horizon Editions.

I did just spin a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV though.

I bought the BRZ and Focus HE on the auction house a few days ago, but last night I won the GT-R, Boss/Mustang, and M4 in the space of maybe an hour or two.

Then I lucked into buying the Jag HE for ~$660K.

I feel like I may have inherited your luck, it's gotta change at some point for you.

Top Bottom