• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

MouldyK

Which wheel? G920 here. I'm probably going to be over the game by the time wheels are fixed. :(

Same Wheel. I hated how the update was all like

All wheels with enough buttons have had the horn added to their default mappings on Windows 10

And didn't care for Xbox Users. Don't hype up something that you know full well Wheel Users can't use.

Here are my MANY solutions based on this picture:

14435224_10206064362922258_1849063933748287699_o.jpg

1. Tap Up on D-Pad to Beep Horn...because nothing is there outside of a race...
2. Switch ANNA/Telemetry/Horn...because I don't like either of the other 2 that much...
3. Switch E-Brake/Horn.
4. Make it use LB or RB if you are not using Manual Gears.
5. Make it A...I forgot what you use A for anyway. Nothing important.

anytime i try to download the update (PC) it just hangs after a couple dozen MBs, client works but if i hit pause or stop download it becomes non responsive.....can't pre load my gears 4 copy either....common problem?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Really like this game, but god damn if I'm not overwhelmed by all the content. Sometimes it just feels like I'll never make the progress I desire.

This game has also made me consider how much critics LOVE quality games with an overwhelming amount of content, and more and more I'm starting to realize with how busy I am, these type of games might just not be for me anymore.

louiedog

After being teased over a dozen times with being told I could win the Lamborghini Huracan HE I finally got it after about 150 spins.

I really like the way it drives.

DirtyLarry

Unless I am missing something obvious my one and only complaint with the game is I wish there was any easy way to just download all of the cars from a pack to my garage. This one at a time nonsense is just frustrating,

Jibbed

This update process on PC is literally balls.

Enter game > 'Update available' > booted straight to the store > download.

At this point I thought great, all sorted. Start the game up, same message about an update.

Booted to the store again > 'confirm' the update > back to the game > same message. What the fuck?

Store again, this time 'install' it. Finally works. Pointless.

Spasm

Wait, the GAF club is already full before I even unlocked the feature ingame? Fuck
Get yourself on the spreadsheet near the bottom of the OP. There's a culling on the way, and anyone not on the sheet will be kicked out to make room for anyone on the sheet.

Munter

I downloaded the update on PC, was going to launch the game but the download started again. I'm on a pretty slow connection so this is quite annoying!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
DLC is first tues of the month every month. Pre-set schedule. It's probably been done for a while now just waiting to be released.

There's also different teams working on DLC and patching the game I would presume as well.

Doesn't matter.
It would look better if they fixed the issues that have been there since launch before charging people for DLC.

I get your point, and I don't completely disagree, but you also need to understand that a lot of us actually already paid for this DLC (via the Ultimate edition or otherwise), so you're also advocating that we should get our purchased content slower than promised. That would probably be a bigger sin.

fenners

What.
It's the same game.
Fix it before you start charging for DLC

How does a texture artist, modeler, or animator fix the code issue for PC performance, or service problems with Groove?

Modern large AAA game development has multiple groups of people working on different branches, different parts of the service, all coming together for releases & patches etc. Making everyone stop work because a bug fix has to happen is crazy inefficient.

deoee

How does a texture artist, modeler, or animator fix the code issue for PC performance, or service problems with Groove?

Modern large AAA game development has multiple groups of people working on different branches, different parts of the service, all coming together for releases & patches etc. Making everyone stop work because a bug fix has to happen is crazy inefficient.

People always do this as they keep thinking, the whole team works on the same part of a game constantly.

Chemist

Neo Member
Doesn't matter.
It would look better if they fixed the issues that have been there since launch before charging people for DLC.

That's not how game studios work. The same team working on cars and dlc is not the same team as the coders. They probably set the schedule months ago. if one team is ready they won't delay it to wait on another team. Not how the industry functions.

Stevey

I get your point, and I don't completely disagree, but you also need to understand that a lot of us actually already paid for this DLC (via the Ultimate edition or otherwise), so you're also advocating that we should get our purchased content slower than promised. That would probably be a bigger sin.

I bought the Ultimate Edition, but I could live without 6 or so cars for a few weeks while stuff is fixed.

That's not how game studios work. The same team working on cars and dlc is not the same team as the coders. They probably set the schedule months ago. if one team is ready they won't delay it to wait on another team. Not how the industry functions.

But yeah, apparently this isnt how this stuff works so lets just not question it, right?

Fox Mulder

The bug of a drivatar in first running away is pissing me off in the street races.

It's real fun when you have zero chance of winning because the lead car is nine seconds ahead of everyone else and I have to carve through a pack.

This shit has been in every forza game since moving to drivatars.

I think the PC patch has screwed up photo mode. Default settings has a screwed up shutter speed or something. Makes everything not directly in focus a stuttery mess.

eek5

I bought the Ultimate Edition, but I could live without 6 or so cars for a few weeks while stuff is fixed.
Delaying DLC isn't going to get you your fixes any faster though. It's not like they can retroactively reassign art resources to work on development problems.

As expected, the M2 is a treat to drive and the highlight of the pack so far.

I was pleasantly surprised to see an option to fit the M Performance pack with the splitter and skirt attachments, among others. This game has gone above and beyond the Forza norm in terms of customization. Love it.

ElNino

Not getting DLC cars for a few weeks will have no impact on fixes for the issues you may have.

But yeah, apparently this isnt how this stuff works so lets just not question it, right?
You can question it, and you did, and were given a reasonable explanation how it works.

Gestault

The bug of a drivatar in first running away is pissing me off in the street races.

It's real fun when you have zero chance of winning because the lead car is nine seconds ahead of everyone else and I have to carve through a pack.

I'm someone who didn't encounter that issue in the past (at least that I can remember), but encountered it for at least a few days straight FH3. Plenty annoying. The last two nights though have been completely ideal with the AI for me, which I'd love to think is a hotfix, but might just be luck.

Been working on a Spoon Sports EK for the past few nights. Good thing it doesn't have a bunch of decals and the hard part is already done.

q9nF5t2l.jpg

I wish there were more Honda's but i'll have to settle for what is in there now and hope for more through DLC.

terrible

Banned

This shit has been in every forza game since moving to drivatars.

The AI in my Murcielago midnight battle posted a top 13 leaderboard time. It's fine.

Yes? Car modelers aren't going to suddenly start bug fixing, at this point the Forza teams should be so good at making cars that nothing is being slowed down on that front.

Stevey

Yes? Car modelers aren't going to suddenly start bug fixing, at this point the Forza teams should be so good at making cars that nothing is being slowed down on that front.

OK, I get it, different teams do different things.

But it would look better for PG as a whole if they fixed these issues before they ask for more money from people.

Are there any unofficial fixes for the stuttering? The recommended specs require 12GB of Ram, I have 8 -_- .
Also, the 1GB patch jumped to 50GB on PC, wth.

eek5

Are there any unofficial fixes for the stuttering? The recommended specs require 12GB of Ram, I have 8 -_- .
Also, the 1GB patch jumped to 50GB on PC, wth.

There is a windows bug that causes this to happen so you have to update W10 before updating Forza Horizon 3.

Top Bottom