• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

There's a terradyne gurkha lapv in the game now for some reason.

I3sp1nT.gif

zorbsie

Great racing with everyone today. Had a blast. If anyone still needs help getting the HE forzathon, car let me know I'll be around tomorrow.

iuCjuoR.gif

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
I'm still interested to get this game however after the disappointment about performance on PC I hold up. How's the game now? Is it any better? Any patch coming up soon?

nikos

Made the mistake of trying the PC demo and it felt great at 60 FPS. I've already have the physical Ultimate Edition for Xbox. If I buy the digital PC version, will the Ultimate Edition content become available on both platforms? I'd probably sell the physical version to recoup some costs.

Kind of sucks because I just bought a 4K TV and will be getting an Xbox One S very soon. Was looking forward to those enhancements, but the PC version is so smooth. It might be hard switching between 30/60FPS. I suppose forgetting the PC version even exists is another option.

rrs

In theory you should be able to buy the standard one and have all the good stuff as vip, etc are just shared DLC and the game is cross platform so you can have 60 FPS on the PC and HDR on the 4K set. Also beware, the city will eat your frames hard.

kevin1025

Banned
I crashed into an oncoming car so hard today that the game crashed. To be fair, it was a pretty hard hit.

But yeah, it's giving me that obsessiveness the other two games had. And I'm loving the PC version, despite three crashes so far six hours in.

danowat

Banned
Why are there minimum limits on auctions? I put anl Horizon Edition M3 on the auction house and the minimum I could do was 200k starting bid and 5.5mil buyout, I wanted to put it on for less.

Made the mistake of trying the PC demo and it felt great at 60 FPS. I've already have the physical Ultimate Edition for Xbox. If I buy the digital PC version, will the Ultimate Edition content become available on both platforms? I'd probably sell the physical version to recoup some costs.

Yes. If you buy the U.E. digitally, it will be available on both PC and Xbox.

But if you bought the U.E. retail, wasn't the VIP and car pass added via a code? If so, then you don't need to buy the digital U.E. Just get basic because the other stuff is attached to your gamertag/MS account.

Why are there minimum limits on auctions? I put anl Horizon Edition M3 on the auction house and the minimum I could do was 200k starting bid and 5.5mil buyout, I wanted to put it on for less.

Not really sure. Best I can tell is that they want to avoid people moving H.E. cars easily between friends.

nikos

Yes. If you buy the U.E. digitally, it will be available on both PC and Xbox.

But if you bought the U.E. retail, wasn't the VIP and car pass added via a code? If so, then you don't need to buy the digital U.E. Just get basic because the other stuff is attached to your gamertag/MS account.

Not really sure. Best I can tell is that they want to avoid people moving H.E. cars easily between friends.

Thanks! Everything was redeemed via code, so it should be account-wide.

Hey guys I just grabbed a One S and booted up Forza, but I don't see any option for HDR in the game video settings.

I have HDR and 4k turned on in the Xbox settings already, I've tried hard booting and all that stuff already, any ideas why the option wouldn't be in there?

Edit:

Solved. I just had to change a setting in my config. For some reason my PS4 outputs HDR fine out of the gate but the One S wouldn't unless I manually set it the HDMI input to 4:4:4 on my receiver.

danowat

Banned
Hey guys I just grabbed a One S and booted up Forza, but I don't see any option for HDR in the game video settings.

I have HDR and 4k turned on in the Xbox settings already, I've tried hard booting and all that stuff already, any ideas why the option wouldn't be in there?
Stupid question, you've got a HDR TV?

louiedog

I finally got in a game that was survivable where I wasn't first infected. I thought the first infected guy was trying to help everyone out, but it turns out he was just bad at tagging people. It was the construction area and all but 1 survivor could be seen hanging out on the top floors waiting to jump off when necessary. The infected guy was just chasing the survivor on the ground around and around for about 2.5 minutes until he finally caught him. Then they only managed to spread it to 4 others by the 4 minute mark.

zorbsie

Was looking at my horizon promo section and noticed this beauty. Proof I did race against it. :) I wonder how good this would be in the snow.

screenshot-originalbdpf0.png

terrible

Banned
I felt a bit evil setting up a 1 minute Infected game while in freeroam to get the HE truck but hey, it worked lol. I was the only person in the match with an Extreme Offroad vehicle too so that was a shame.

I'm playing with a controller, no steering wheel. As someone relatively new to the Forza series, should I bother taking off the assist? Currently at medium settings with above average drivatar difficulty

danowat

Banned
I'm playing with a controller, no steering wheel. As someone relatively new to the Forza series, should I bother taking off the assist? Currently at medium settings with above average drivatar difficulty
Definitely turn auto shifting and ABS off, the others, personal preference, I have traction control off, but I reckon simulation steering just isn't fun IMO.

Yes. Definitely. Lot of us play with controllers, and the Forza series has an excellent controller implementation.

Also, some of the assists actually hurt you because of how aggressive they are.

Okay, thanks.

Now, would turning them off hinder me at all online? Or is it simply a matter of mastery? I want to learn, but if it's just going to be harder for the sake of It...

Okay, thanks.

Now, would turning them off hinder me at all online? Or is it simply a matter of mastery? I want to learn, but if it's just going to be harder for the sake of It...

The assists take control away. I'm sure it'll be harder at first, but it'll make you better in the long run.

Also, you don't have to disable everything all at once. Maybe turn off one thing and get comfortable with that. Rinse and repeat.

I would argue that getting ride of assisted braking will help you the most since that thing over-brakes like crazy.

rrs

This picture only makes me want the Yaris 3-door as a drivable car
Yeah, reminds me of GT where you can take modest cars and turn said car into a cup car easily.
Okay, thanks.

nope, it's more XP aka ez wins. Also, without traction control some high powered (1000+ HP) RWD cars quickly enter the wheelspin galaxy and you'll need to be more careful with the throttle during cornering

Noobcraft

Definitely turn auto shifting and ABS off, the others, personal preference, I have traction control off, but I reckon simulation steering just isn't fun IMO.
In Motorsport turning off ABS is absolutely critical because ABS messes up the breaking distance so much in it. In Horizon though? I use it all the time. And I use an Automatic transmission because I'm too lazy to shift.

jesu

ABS on
Steering normal
TC off
Stability off
Shifting automatic
Driving line braking only
Cosmetic damage only

for me
and all cars AWD!

Moltenix

Anyone else not seem to enjoy doing S1+ class races? I tend to do sooo bad, especially with RWD. A or B class with a preference for AWD seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Mohasus

Okay, thanks.

Actually, turning them on hinders you.

ABS makes your braking distance longer, traction control makes your car accelerate slowly, manual with clutch shifts faster and so on.

Kaji AF16

Just got the Horizon Hardcore achievement ("Complete a championship starting at every race route in the game") and completed the game in 91 hours. Thankfully this last achievement was less tedious than the equivalent one in FH2, due to editing each championship to make it shorter than default or to use any car class.

I won´t bother with the Forzathon challenges, but I consider them a neat addition.

Excellent game, as usual from Turn 10 / Playground. Now I can lay it to rest...
for a few days, until my next multiplayer event.

Anxious for that snow expansion. Will the second one be about Porsche, again?

UraMallas

Alright. Where's the thread to sign up for the [GAF] club? I keep sending invites but never get accepted. This is like prom all over again.

KRaZyAmmo

Alright. Where's the thread to sign up for the [GAF] club? I keep sending invites but never get accepted. This is like prom all over again.

Here's the Gaf Spreadsheet and then message Noobcraft, Zorsbie, or both to get approved in. (Spreadsheet is in email tag)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ut_xWDgpLqlxm-pLUxFg08Put8XaKPcd1IQBIo4eol8/edit#gid=0

Bravoexo

I hope they put in a Raw Mode. I just want to drive around. I can turn every digital artifact off except the Drivatar "Easy/Medium/Hard" pop up, Race/Event notifications popping up on the road, and completely turning GPS voice off (Anna will still say "You've got a bucket list to complete nearby" thing, even if the GPS audio is off)

I'm now considering buying the game after having a taste of it off the demo version. It's a lot of fun just driving...

Standard Edition is all good and I won't be "missing" anything in the more expensive editions/bundles, right?

The game seemed to work fine on the Ultra preset at 1080p, locked to 30 FPS (didn't bother with trying to hit 60 as the video card seems to be faring a bit less-than-well at ~45 with a 60 cap), on my i5-4590, 8 GB of dual-channel DDR3L-1600, and GTX 970. I've heard that Surfers' Paradise chokes systems; would it on my system?

danowat

Banned
I hope they put in a Raw Mode. I just want to drive around. I can turn every digital artifact off except the Drivatar "Easy/Medium/Hard" pop up, Race/Event notifications popping up on the road, and completely turning GPS voice off (Anna will still say "You've got a bucket list to complete nearby" thing, even if the GPS audio is off)
Turning off all filters almost does what you want.

I'm now considering buying the game after having a taste of it off the demo version. It's a lot of fun just driving...

Standard Edition is all good and I won't be "missing" anything in the more expensive editions/bundles, right?

The game seemed to work fine on the Ultra preset at 1080p, locked to 30 FPS (didn't bother with trying to hit 60 as the video card seems to be faring a bit less-than-well at ~45 with a 60 cap), on my i5-4590, 8 GB of dual-channel DDR3L-1600, and GTX 970. I've heard that Surfers' Paradise chokes systems; would it on my system?

You won't be missing much with standard. The other stuff in the U.E. is mostly more cars, and the content DLC in December isn't included anyway.

As for the Surfer's Paradise issue, tough to say. It seems like people with similar setups can very different experiences.

zorbsie

Haven't seen an invite from your gamertag. Send the request again in game and let me know. I'll make sure you get in.

Top Bottom