• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

derFeef

Yupp. Only have ABS on and on some of the sports cars I have traction control on when the race is not on streets.

I wish there would be a "what this car had at that time" assist setting so I can drive the old musclecars without TC/ABS and all the sportscars with TC/ABS enabled automatically.

Spasm

I wish there would be a "what this car had at that time" assist setting so I can drive the old musclecars without TC/ABS and all the sportscars with TC/ABS enabled automatically.
A forced OEM setting would be awesome. These older cars didn't have ABS or TCM...

On Elite controller I drive > Normal steering, ABS On, Traction and Stability Control Off.

Then I put the big paddles in the top slots for manual gears. Handbrake A button.

Works for me!

Strider

Fuck grinding the GC

I did it for the first time and set it to 3 laps. Never again lol no idea how you guys can stand to do 10+ laps.

It's a neat race but after the 2nd lap I was just really wanting it to end. It'll be a while before I do that race again and when I do... one lap is fine for me.

aravuus

Just to make sure, if I buy this on the Win 10 Store, I'll be able to download it on my (brother's) Xbone too? Crossbuy goes both ways, not just buy Xbone version -> get PC version in addition?

The crash reports are concerning, but I reaeeeaaalllly want to give the game a try

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'll be honest: this is my first Horizon game. Played other Forza games before, just not the Horizon iteration.

So, is there a "right" way to play this game? Because I just spent the last 3.5 hours trying to get the gold medal for a midnight street race with the AI set to pro difficulty. The game told me I was winning too easy on expert and asked me if I wanna go pro(pun not intended). Do you guys do this? Trying to get gold for every event or just come back later to it with different cars etc.?

Also, I feel like I'm cheating if I lower the difficulty. WTF?

Street Races are tough.

I dunno I played on highly skilled and there are consistently 3 or 4 AI on my tail in Goliath.

Expert, Pro and Unbeatable will make you feel uncomfortable, because 1, 2 or 3 Drivatars will always be right behind your ass and they can get advantage at the next bend.

You can buy spins with money? You use your credits to buy cars and upgrade them. Or go to the auction house and grab some rare horizon edition cars.

It's a skill you can unlock. After a normal wheelspin you can pay 50k for another spin.

terrible

Banned
I won a Horizon Edition Huracan and it said it was an XP Boost car on the prize screen. Cool, last I checked that didn't even exist in the game. I check in my garage and it's a Skill Boost Huracan. What.

lol

edit: here it is

huracant2ms3z.png

Haxxor

Anyone else drive manual with assists off? Its a hard life.

Manual /w clutch even! But did turn of damage and using rewinds... :(

But my beast of a car Silvia S2!

Sure, not gonna break any time records with it, but it's ohhhh so fun!

It's like a constans strugle with the gas, even on straights, but so much fun - feels like the way i remember sega rally in the arcades and screamer on pc.

Vuze

Thanks for the sign tips everyone!

Totally forgot you need Gold for the coop campaign (planning to play PC + Xbox via one license with my brother)... sucks.

h3ro

How is the AI so quick going through bodies of water!? So frustrating to lose a cross country race at the end due to the competition going full speed through a river.

Also, still not a damn sniff of an HE car in slots. Plenty of 5K spins though.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I admit at times I go to the Auction House just to raise the price of cars that are just about to end. The frenzy at the end of auctions are like ebay.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Fuck grinding the GC

I did it for the first time and set it to 3 laps. Never again lol no idea how you guys can stand to do 10+ laps.

It's a neat race but after the 2nd lap I was just really wanting it to end. It'll be a while before I do that race again and when I do... one lap is fine for me.

Yup. My goal was first to 5M exp which have been met :)
Af3imGt.jpg

ToiJu

Finally it's here! Me and my new controller have been waiting. Better late than never, I guess. The shop also knocked 10€ off because they couldn't deliver it on time so 80€ for UE is not so bad.

horsukh9.jpg

A nice addition to the Forza collection.

fctzjwd.jpg

pringles

Anyone else drive manual with assists off? Its a hard life.
Always. Expert drivatars, no assists, manual w clutch, no rewinds. The game is still pretty forgiving, the assists just make you feel less in control imo.

If you're struggling to control cars, find a good tuning setup for it. For example AWD setups for S1/S2 cars can really make them a lot easier to control.

Sky87

So how do i get the Warthog? I got the code a few days ago on my Xbox and redeemed it there. Still nowhere to be seen in the PC version. I've checked the inbox in the social tab. Nothing under gifts.

I don't think i have the pre order packs either.

Just to make sure, if I buy this on the Win 10 Store, I'll be able to download it on my (brother's) Xbone too? Crossbuy goes both ways, not just buy Xbone version -> get PC version in addition?

The crash reports are concerning, but I reaeeeaaalllly want to give the game a try
Yes, but whoever owns the license needs to be the one to set their gamertag as as the owner of the Xbox. So if you buy it on PC, you need to be signed into his Xbox and set it as your home Xbox. He would then sign in under his account and play your copy.

aravuus

Yes, but whoever owns the license needs to be the one to set their gamertag as as the owner of the Xbox. So if you buy it on PC, you need to be signed into his Xbox and set it as your home Xbox. He would then sign in under his account and play your copy.

I might be that, not sure. It does say the Xbox is the home Xbox for the account that has the game.

Well, I'm so frustrated with a uni assignment right now that I just went ahead and bit the bullet despite the high price, hope the game works on my PC in addition to my brother being able to play it on the Xbone.

Shahadan

Bought it from amazon.com but it won't let me download it on PC for some reason -_-
I changed my location to US in case but can't.

From the windows store it sees I own it but it doesn't appear in my library

Top Bottom