• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Did you guys run any sort of unauthorized tools which turn off "telemetry" in Windows? If so, then you've broken achievements, because achievements depend on telemetry sent by Windows.

Oh that's the reason for me then, I use Spybot Anti-Beacon but I won't undo that for achievements :p

DirtyLarry

Few questions...

The Eurogamer review mentions being able to check out other players Bucket List challenges, in particular one called REC Breakdown Simulator. How does one check these out?

Also is the Club people are discussing different from the XBox Club one can view from the XBox Dash itself (in particular since I am no longer in the Preview Program the Club I can view using the Xbox Beta app on Windows.) If so, I would like to be a part of this in game club even though the tab is still greyed out for me. So is there anything else I need to do and if so where is this spreadsheet located to get in (I did check the OP)?

Sitting at work just waiting until I can get home to play. Wife is going out to dinner with some friends tonight so I have some time. Also curious to try that latest suggestion for PC.

Hip Hop

Anyone know what the best race for getting money is?

I saw it a couple of pages back.

and also, best thing to get skill points or level up with?

eek5

Cool I searched eek5 for a couple cars but nothing popped up, what cars you have? Also I have a couple gaffes in my friends list and following but cannot for the life of me figure how to Join from there

If you search vinyl groups for keyword "Rick and Morty" you should be able to find me.

Newlove

I just got the game but there's no code for the Windows version of the game. I guess when I play on Xbox, it will be tied to my account and appear on the Windows store for free or something?

hwalker84

=) About time some of you showed up
forzahorizon39_27_201lzsnr.png

We've gone up from Global 33 to Global 31. Keep at the farm!

Can someone invite me? XBL: Big H

rrs

I just got the game but there's no code for the Windows version of the game. I guess when I play on Xbox, it will be tied to my account and appear on the Windows store for free or something?
Yeah, just log in to the win10 store with your xbox account and it will show up (also needs to be the digital version)

Few questions...

The Eurogamer review mentions being able to check out other players Bucket List challenges, in particular one called REC Breakdown Simulator. How does one check these out?

Also is the Club people are discussing different from the XBox Club one can view from the XBox Dash itself (in particular since I am no longer in the Preview Program the Club I can view using the Xbox Beta app on Windows.) If so, I would like to be a part of this in game club even though the tab is still greyed out for me. So is there anything else I need to do and if so where is this spreadsheet located to get in (I did check the OP)?

Sitting at work just waiting until I can get home to play. Wife is going out to dinner with some friends tonight so I have some time. Also curious to try that latest suggestion for PC.

The custom bucket list challenges are called Bucket List Blueprint Points. The icon is blue. You can either create your own or try challenges created by other people.

The FH3 club is different from the ForzaGAF club you can access through the dashboard. The FH3 club needs to be joined in game.

dLMN8R

You don't get extra codes. It's just in your account. Sign into the Windows Store with the same account as you use on xbox and it'll be there in your library with a download button on the store page too.

ElNino

I sent you an invite.
Feel free to send on my way as well if you'd like. :)

I've unlocked the third festival but I think my first two are only level two and three respectively, so I haven't unlocked the clubs yet. Should be soon I think (possibly next festival update?).

GT: ElNino77

Scottify

Just installed the game and played just a few minutes at lunch. I really like how heavy the cars feel I went in expecting it to be more like Need for Speed and I like how different it feels. Still just getting the hang of it but I think I will have a lot of fun.

xrnzaaas

So I started playing today and, fuck, this whole plan your horizon festival theme isn't what I was looking for. I sooo much prefer when I'm the one that receives instructions (like use a 4WD drive 1990s vehicle). Gonna keep playing but the sp career isn't looking good for me. :/

ElNino

Installing.....

Gone are the days of putting a disc in a console and playing straight away.....
Considering that Xbox One digital and disc games are the same install files (only differing in how they verify license), I would really like it if we could pre-load games from the digital store even if we hadn't bought it digitally yet. Without a license it wouldn't be playable anyways, just how if you try to launch a disc game without the disc, but it would save a bunch of time for those who don't need to worry about bandwidth caps.

TheRed

Fired it up this morning and discovered the game doesn't seem to allow you to disable cloud syncing on PC. And the game only has one save file.

That's disappointing.

This is disappointing. If I complete all events and collect all the cars and I'd like to start from scratch again, would that even be possible?

Vitacat

So I have the ultimate edition, playing on PC. I can now see my dlc cars, but where is my Halo Warthog? I was sent a code weeks ago which I redeemed.

Really want to race with it.

Were you hoping to have two distinct save profiles between PC and Xbox?

Yes I did.

This is disappointing. If I complete all events and collect all the cars and I'd like to start from scratch again, would that even be possible?

As it is now, I don't think so. The game forces you into downloading from the cloud. There's no way to stop it or delete the cloud saved data from PC that I could see. You can probably reset the game from the Xbox side of things I'm guessing.

You can reset the game's save files on PC, but then when you start the game up again it immediately downloads the cloud saves. No way to opt out that I can see.

TheKeyPit

Banned
GAF club invite please?

GT: Jibbed

Cheers!

Incoming.

---------

So I started playing today and, fuck, this whole plan your horizon festival theme isn't what I was looking for. I sooo much prefer when I'm the one that receives instructions (like use a 4WD drive 1990s vehicle). Gonna keep playing but the sp career isn't looking good for me. :/

You don't have to use the blue print feature.

If I was in the GAF crew for Horizon2, will I still be in it for H3? Or do I need to request to be re-added? If so, please re-add me! GamerTag: AaronB360

TheRed

Yes I did.

As it is now, I don't think so. The game forces you into downloading from the cloud. There's no way to stop it or delete the cloud saved data from PC that I could see. You can probably reset the game from the Xbox side of things I'm guessing.

You can reset the game's save files on PC, but then when you start the game up again it immediately downloads the cloud saves. No way to opt out that I can see.

Ughh lame, I would put so many more hours into this game if I could. Honestly that's crazy too if I come back in 10 years and can't even start it over, it's like a one time use game progression wtf.

Iceman829

The game provides you with a default blueprint for all of the races. You can select a car from your garage that is allowed or view the store to purchase other vehicles. If you chose a different class the drivatars will change along with your selection.

There is also the ability to create events and bucket list challenges in the game. This allows players to create unique events and challenges and to share them with others. This is the Halo Forge mode of the game that allows people to get more out of the base package PG has given the player to play with.

Stick with the default stuff if you like. They don't force you to create events if you don't want to. They only show you how to do it and let you know its in the game.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Ughh lame, I would put so many more hours into this game if I could. Honestly that's crazy too if I come back in 10 years and can't even start it over, it's like a one time use game progression wtf.

I'm pretty positive they'll fix this. There's no way they'd leave PC players without some way to start the whole game over.

I am peeved I can't have separate save files for my brother and I though. Just one.

Top Bottom