• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

rdytoroll

You can also slide in the straights, my advice: disable TCS and STM in assists as those will prevent you from actually drifting; when entering a corner, hit handbrake and turn hard, when your car starts sliding, turn to the opposite direction gentlely to control the slide.

I'll try it

deoee

It's hilarious. Someone blueprinted a bucket list race with it and a friend and I couldn't even make it successfully past the first counter xD

Tec is a wizard with this car.

Mine keeps flipping constanly even while driving 20 km/h into a corner:D

Also never cross rivers with it, it just explodes into the air :D

RS4-

What program can i use to take a screenshots with UWP games like Forza Horizon 3?

You can still print screen, but then you'd have to paste it in another app.

win+alt+g also takes a screen shot, but you need Xbox DVR on, but you can disable the background recording.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Tec is a wizard with this car.

Mine keeps flipping constanly even while driving 20 km/h into a corner:D

Also never cross rivers with it, it just explodes into the air :D

Deo be like
1452787848-reliant.gif

aravuus

PC port is horse shit, glad we've got an Xbone in the house. Played it for a bit, looks and plays great. Can't wait to really get into it some day hopefully soon!

GHG

Just bought the Jaguar project 7 horizon edition via the auction house and really don't like it. Far too twitchy for my liking.

Putting it straight back up for auction. Hopefully I can recoup what I paid for it.

What's everyone's favourite Horizon Edition car so far? Looking for something versatile that will be comfortable in tight city circuits but can also open up and tackle the Goliath with ease.

Noobcraft

Just bought the Jaguar project 7 horizon edition via the auction house and really don't like it. Far too twitchy for my liking.

Putting it straight back up for auction. Hopefully I can recoup what I paid for it.

What's everyone's favourite Horizon Edition car so far? Looking for something versatile that will be comfortable in tight city circuits but can also open up and tackle the Goliath with ease.
Throw some AWD on it and play with the diff. Twitch gone. Also throwing the twin turbo on it for top speed makes the Goliath Circuit really easy.

eek5

Did you try different tune/upgrades?

AsianOni

I took the BRZ, but swapped a Flat 6 TT inside and AWD. Takes around ~11min a lap.
The Viper is also really good but when the AI is driving the Agera (or the Regera), it becomes quite difficult to overtake them...

Fox Mulder

You could have fixed the twitch if you tuned or upgraded it.

Tuning is a thing. 4WD or AWD makes driving a breeze.

2 hours later, 13% installed, still downloading, 6.34 gb installed what the almighty Fuck is going on?

Disconnect your Xbox, install from disc, this way it won't try to download and install at the same time. Connect to xbox live and update after you install it.

UnrealEck

I try to start the game and it tells me I don't meet the minimum requirements. It's missing Windows Media Components. So I click 'more information' and it takes me to an FAQ. No information there. I google search it and find 'for Quicktime' so I say fuck it, this might be it. So I try to download it and it's a readme file.

What is this shit Microsoft? Fifty fucking quid for this pile of tripe?

Found the solution. You need this - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356

Again, what the fuck MS?

willbsn13

I took the BRZ, but swapped a Flat 6 TT inside and AWD. Takes around ~11min a lap.
The Viper is also really good but when the AI is driving the Agera (or the Regera), it becomes quite difficult to overtake them...

I did that too (with the BRZ), what PI is yours? Mine's S1-900, just looking for a reference to see how long the goliath will take me in that.

Yep upgraded it to the default Horizon edition level so it was S900 and I still didn't like how it felt. I want something more planted, especially since it's a car with an XP bonus rather than a drift skill bonus.

Upgrades and tuning are different things. I downloaded one of the more popular tunes for it and it drives very well. Search for keyword grip helps too.

I try to start the game and it tells me I don't meet the minimum requirements. It's missing Windows Media Components. So I click 'more information' and it takes me to an FAQ. No information there. I google search it and find 'for Quicktime' so I say fuck it, this might be it. So I try to download it and it's a readme file.

What is this shit Microsoft? Fifty fucking quid for this pile of tripe?

Do you have this installed?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49919

I'm assuming you have Windows 10 K or Windows 10 N..

terrible

Banned
The 1972 Relianat is the most hilarious thing EVER.

I was just driving with Tec and fucking Donauwalzer was playing in the radio, while we all flipped and spin around on the construction site course :D
I'm in tears.

If you sell it in the auction house can you even get it back without buying another one on the auction house? I'm tempted to buy up all the ones that show up if you can't because they're going for barely anything.

GHG

Upgrades and tuning are different things. I downloaded one of the more popular tunes for it and it drives very well. Search for keyword grip helps too.

Oh I know that, I tend not to mess with the tuning as I like feeling the unique characteristics each car has. Once you start messing with tuning/drivetrain swaps etc then that all goes and all the cars can start to feel homogenous.

I'd rather sell the car than mess around with it so much that it ends up driving like a Nissan GT-R. At that point I may as well... Get a Nissan GT-R.

MilkyJoe

Tuning is a thing. 4WD or AWD makes driving a breeze.

Disconnect your Xbox, install from disc, this way it won't try to download and install at the same time. Connect to xbox live and update after you install it.

Cheers, had to delete the entire download to install. MS can't do Fuck all right with these installs. On top of that the disk is now thrashing like a motherfucker. Why not put the data on the disk starting on the outside and work work it's way in... Jesus wept...

MattyG

Banned
Anyone else having skipping issues with Groove? It's jumping forward a few seconds or back a few on some tracks, but they're fine when I listen to them in the app.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Video title: Forza Horizon 3 GAF Championship
Copyrighted song: CLS001_19: UPPM-Universal
Claimed by: AdShare MG for a Third Party and AdRev for a 3rd Party

I feel for YouTubers :D

Cyanity

Banned
SHIT WAIT - did I just waste $60? I only have a steam controller for PC. Is there any known way to get it to work with FH3?

terrible

Banned
Anyone else having skipping issues with Groove? It's jumping forward a few seconds or back a few on some tracks, but they're fine when I listen to them in the app.

It skips on my Xbox but not on the PC version for me. I can't believe it won't play FLAC though. I'm not ripping all my cds again lol.

TheRed

SHIT WAIT - did I just waste $60? I only have a steam controller for PC. Is there any known way to get it to work with FH3?
Uh oh. Not sure , but if there is a way it's definitely not easy.

Best I can think of is doing a desktop configuration based on the game and load that up before starting the game. Maybe that'll work but I haven't even wanted to deal with it so have been using my xbone controller.

R3TRODYCE

I still get a endless loop of searching when I try to coop campaign session. Online adventure and Online freeroam work fine but no go on campaign for some reason.

The game is incredible, no doubt. Stayed up until 5AM yesterday without even noticing the goddamn time.

Btw, did I dream or were we also supposed to be able to "talk" to Anna and not just select whatever we wanted with the d-pad? Is it possible on PC or not at all?

Top Bottom