• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

I keep getting this error with my 2016 Mercedes AMG c63 S coupe Preorder car on pc. Can't use it in races or even drive it at all unless I save my game as driving it on xbox and continue on pc. No problems with any other car on pc like this. Not sure whats up.
F6CC841.png

VdMcljv.png

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I changed my Ford Mustang Boss back to A max and despite lacking the extra speed and acceleration, the handling is much better. That beauty is flowing through the corners.

----

Thanks. I still only have 2 slots, so I guess that's it.

Yeah, just wait for your lineup to be full and then you can go replacing them.

I'm pretty positive they'll fix this. There's no way they'd leave PC players without some way to start the whole game over.

I am peeved I can't have separate save files for my brother and I though. Just one.

I'm not sure about the first one. I thought I read that you can on Reddit but can't find the discussion.

As for the second, you absolutely can have another profile for your brother. You just can't use your PC license more than once at the same time.

ElNino

Incoming.
Cheers, but just after I requested I figured I'd hop on again and unlocked the club anyways. Got into the club just before your invite. Thanks though.

Yes I did.

As it is now, I don't think so. The game forces you into downloading from the cloud. There's no way to stop it or delete the cloud saved data from PC that I could see. You can probably reset the game from the Xbox side of things I'm guessing.

You can reset the game's save files on PC, but then when you start the game up again it immediately downloads the cloud saves. No way to opt out that I can see.
I'm not sure how you delete from the cloud so that it doesn't sync anymore, but the only suggestion I have is to use a different profile on the Xbox than what you purchased it with, assuming that your Xbox One is set as the Home Xbox One.

That would be a separate profile with it's own progress, but obviously wouldn't be connected with your current profile or anything else associated with it (friends, achievements, games, etc).

I'm not sure about the first one. I thought I read that you can on Reddit but can't find the discussion.

As for the second, you absolutely can have another profile for your brother. You just can't use your PC license more than once at the same time.

There's some methods people have come up to reset the game and I've tried them all. They didn't work for me. There was one that I might try after work where you disconnect the internet at just the right time. The game is very picky about having internet access though...

I'm not sure how you delete from the cloud so that it doesn't sync anymore, but the only suggestion I have is to use a different profile on the Xbox than what you purchased it with, assuming that your Xbox One is set as the Home Xbox One.

That would be a separate profile with it's own progress, but obviously wouldn't be connected with your current profile or anything else associated with it (friends, achievements, games, etc).

But you can't have two save files on the PC, which is what I want to do.

RedStep

Considering that Xbox One digital and disc games are the same install files (only differing in how they verify license), I would really like it if we could pre-load games from the digital store even if we hadn't bought it digitally yet. Without a license it wouldn't be playable anyways, just how if you try to launch a disc game without the disc, but it would save a bunch of time for those who don't need to worry about bandwidth caps.

As awesome as that would be, I can see how people being allowed to freely download 50GB+ games with no commitment wouldn't be an easy sell on the server side.

UnrealEck

Does Forza Horizon 3 on PC support the G920 wheel/pedals/stick?

Also, is there any content like cars or tracks that are being held hostage for ransom? Meaning if I buy the game is there content they've taken away until I pay more?

zorbsie

Can you send me an invite Key? GT is VE3TRO

invite sent over dude.

Don't forget folks, the club is open for all to join. As soon as you unlock clubs in game you can join the GAF car club. No need to request it here. After 2 weeks we'll set it to invite only.

TheRed

Does Forza Horizon 3 on PC support the G920 wheel/pedals/stick?

Also, is there any content like cars or tracks that are being held hostage for ransom? Meaning if I buy the game is there content they've taken away until I pay more?
I mean there's 15 cars from the Car Pass and VIP combined that comes with the Ultimate Edition but there's so many cars in the game I don't know what to say. Also some of those are still in the game which you can upgrade to the level of the DLC versions like the Lamborghinis.

ElNino

But you can't have two save files on the PC, which is what I want to do.
Fair enough if you are only on PC, my suggestion does you no good there (as far as I'm aware). It's too bad you can't treat your PC as a "Home" PC like you can on Xbox, because then I think it would solve your dilemma.

As awesome as that would be, I can see how people being allowed to freely download 50GB+ games with no commitment wouldn't be an easy sell on the server side.
Yeah, I guess that's a lot of data to move around without any guarantee it will be used. It would be nice for me though. ;-)

Fox Mulder

So I started playing today and, fuck, this whole plan your horizon festival theme isn't what I was looking for. I sooo much prefer when I'm the one that receives instructions (like use a 4WD drive 1990s vehicle). Gonna keep playing but the sp career isn't looking good for me. :/

You don't have to make events, it offers default ones. Making your own can just be as simple as choosing a different car and running the same events though.

I'm more disappointed in how you don't have to actually win anything in this game, as the progression is fans not win trophies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
invite sent over dude.

Don't forget folks, the club is open for all to join. As soon as you unlock clubs in game you can join the GAF car club. No need to request it here. After 2 weeks we'll set it to invite only.

Cheers man, still haven't unlocked clubs yet. Too much cruising. :p

UnrealEck

I bought the game and it's already pissed me off right after I clicked 'buy'.
It's started automatically downloading. I don't know where the fuck to. It just did it by itself. Can't even click it, right click it or anything to tell where it's going. Who the fuck knows, maybe it's going to someone else's PC.

EDIT - okay seems it's going on the c: drive. I only know because the space on it has dramatically changed.

Bubba77

Just like FH2 this game has the ability to make me smile and laugh all the time. Its just super fun.

I love challenging another car and then totally cutting off the whole route by going off road through trees.

Fox Mulder

Nice to see the lead drivatar can still run off 9 seconds ahead of everyone in a 3 lap race like every forza game since replacing AI.

Tall Paul

Finally installed and all set up....then the other half wants to watch location location location....well here's a location for ya love....Australia!!

ElNino

Just like FH2 this game has the ability to make me smile and laugh all the time. Its just super fun.

I love challenging another car and then totally cutting off the whole route by going off road through trees.
Yep, and you can tell right away who else does this when the drivatar you challenge immediately does the same thing.

When you get the daily message outlining your credits from driving in other tournaments, there is a line that mentions how many you are hired in.
Ok, cool. I guess I'll pay more attention to those then, I usually just skip right passed them.

HeliosT10

C'mon then, who was this? :)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gam...ft-Interview-Ralph-Fulton-Xbox-One-S-Xbox-360

"I saw this awesome post on Neogaf or something like that the other week from this guy who'd been playing the demo." Fulton reveals to us.

"This guy was explaining that he'd been doing a doughnuts around a roundabout and another car came up and starting doing doughnuts with him and when they finished they drove down to the beach together in their cars to watch the fireworks.

"I was like that is the most touching thing, they didn’t know each other, like they just met and shared this moment.

"That's what we're trying to engineer with our systems and these key terms in the word clouds. That's Forza Horizon."

ekim

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gam...ft-Interview-Ralph-Fulton-Xbox-One-S-Xbox-360

"I saw this awesome post on Neogaf or something like that the other week from this guy who'd been playing the demo." Fulton reveals to us.

"This guy was explaining that he'd been doing a doughnuts around a roundabout and another car came up and starting doing doughnuts with him and when they finished they drove down to the beach together in their cars to watch the fireworks.

"I was like that is the most touching thing, they didn’t know each other, like they just met and shared this moment.

"That's what we're trying to engineer with our systems and these key terms in the word clouds. That's Forza Horizon."

I remember the post but I forgot who posted it.

Cyanity

Banned
Well, I bought the game and it seems to be downloading at my normal network speed of ~10mB/s, which is good. Was worried after all the nightmare scenarios described by some of you, with the 500kb/s downloading, etc. Hopefully it'll be fully installed by the time I get back from class. Looking forward to this game!!!

deoee

The 1972 Relianat is the most hilarious thing EVER.

I was just driving with Tec and fucking Donauwalzer was playing in the radio, while we all flipped and spin around on the construction site course :D
I'm in tears.

Kazooie

Banned
Wow, never played a Horizon game despite owning a 360.

Played for about an hour and I'm so happy. Such a fun game, beautiful and the soundtrack is brilliant.

Can't wait to properly get buried in this on Friday night with a few lagers.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The 1972 Relianat is the most hilarious thing EVER.

I was just driving with Tec and fucking Donauwalzer was playing in the radio, while we all flipped and spin around on the construction site course :D
I'm in tears.

Are you ready to witness the most amazing championship ever?

The Paradise Nissan GTR bucket list drift challenge is making me want to rip my hair out. Highest I got was 22/25 drifts

You can also slide in the straights, my advice: disable TCS and STM in assists as those will prevent you from actually drifting; when entering a corner, hit handbrake and turn hard, when your car starts sliding, turn to the opposite direction gentlely to control the slide.

Montresor

Is AMG Transport Dynamics actually a car manufacturer in Halo lore? That is cool as heck! And seeing that it's labeled a year 2554 make in Forza Horizon 3 gets me really excited, lol.

Edit: Yep: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/AMG_Transport_Dynamics

In 2321, AMG worked out an exclusive contract with the CMA. This gave AMG the ability to fill almost all of their land-based vehicular needs.[2]

In 2483, AMG began to expand their production to lightly armored ATVs.[3] The first line in this new expansion was the Mongoose Line.[4]

During the Human-Covenant war, many of AMG's vehicles ended up on the frontlines. From Harvest[5] to Reach,[6] from Installation 04[7] to Installation 00.[8]

Reni

Neo Member
I keep getting this error with my 2016 Mercedes AMG c63 S coupe Preorder car on pc. Can't use it in races or even drive it at all unless I save my game as driving it on xbox and continue on pc. No problems with any other car on pc like this. Not sure whats up.
F6CC841.png

VdMcljv.png
Guess that's why all my retailer pre-order cars never show up in my garage.

Theorry

Detective Gaf activate haha.

Theorry

Found the post haha.

Last night I decided I would do donuts on a roundabout, 30 seconds later 3 other folks joined in for a while before we all drove to the beach to watch fireworks. It was truly magical!

Top Bottom