• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Oh that reminds me, today and before I been in a lobby where someone has selected a "DLC car" so in race it's just a pure black golf instead of the DLC car, but I have all packs, LE and new game content on my hdd and disc 2 installed, so which car am I missing here?

Jube3

Diablohead said:
Oh that reminds me, today and before I been in a lobby where someone has selected a "DLC car" so in race it's just a pure black golf instead of the DLC car, but I have all packs, LE and new game content on my hdd and disc 2 installed, so which car am I missing here?

Dunno, maybe the Audi from the gamestop pre-order?

Took 2 more pics today while racing my S5S. Man this car has a crazy sound to it.
Forza148.jpg

Forza147.jpg

BADNED

Diablohead said:
Do you have any of the preorder exclusive cars? (Audi R8 V10 Community Edition, BMW Gamestop M5 E60, BMW Micromania M5 E60, BMW Walmart M5 E60, BMW Game M3 E92, Mitsubishi Gamestation Lancer Evo X GSR)
If not then it was maybe one of these.

BADNED said:
Do you have any of the preorder exclusive cars? (Audi R8 V10 Community Edition, BMW Gamestop M5 E60, BMW Micromania M5 E60, BMW Walmart M5 E60, BMW Game M3 E92, Mitsubishi Gamestation Lancer Evo X GSR)
If not then it was maybe one of these.
I have some evo X preorder code which I not used, didn't want to start the game with a power vehicle, but those are all just in-game cars with a custom skin and tune right? still seems odd.

Jube3

Diablohead said:
I have some evo X preorder code which I not used, didn't want to start the game with a power vehicle, but those are all just in-game cars with a custom skin and tune right? still seems odd.

They show up in the car market as an individual car, not a paint you apply. If I remember right the gamestop car was about 50mbs too.

h3ro

chespace said:
There's a reason god invented vacations. Praise his holiness.

So yeah, DLC is out and I'm just starting to play with some of these cars for the first time myself.

We've got more DLC planned (cars? tracks? who knows!) and we're working with some interesting third parties on partnering up with future DLC too.

Anyway, great to be back.

Will you guys be adding to the single player portion of the game?

I'd love more tracks but they'd be useless to me if they aren't somehow linked to the single player portion as I don't really care for racing online.

lil smoke

Banned
I would love RWD hopers, however I would not be surprised if the #s are low in that area to start off with, at least until a select few find the advantageous cars, run them into the ground, and it becomes the exact same thing as the common hoppers. At least people can stop complaining about the PI system and AWD advantages though. Trust you'll open up a new can or worms with this.

It's the players, not the game. You have a shit audience for this game, on many levels.

Jube3 said:
They show up in the car market as an individual car, not a paint you apply. If I remember right the gamestop car was about 50mbs too.
It must be this then, will have to use that evo code tonight just to add it to the total available cars.

Jube3

^ :lol :lol

lil smoke said:
I would love RWD hopers, however I would not be surprised if the #s are low in that area to start off with, at least until a select few find the advantageous cars, run them into the ground, and it becomes the exact same thing as the common hoppers. At least people can stop complaining about the PI system and AWD advantages though. Trust you'll open up a new can or worms with this.

It's the players, not the game. You have a shit audience for this game, on many levels.

Stuff like that is a problem in all games, a lot of people go with what they think will take them to the top until someone brings something new to the table and it goes into that. Fighting games like SF, how common were Ryu/Ken a few weeks in which evolved into what some gamers though would elevate them. How popular are the Lakers/cavs in Nba2k. Or people who use Yao Ming for the rebound advantage.

lil smoke

Banned
Jube3 said:
Stuff like that is a problem in all games, a lot of people go with what they think will take them to the top until someone brings something new to the table and it goes into that. Fighting games like SF, how common were Ryu/Ken a few weeks in which evolved into what some gamers though would elevate them. How popular are the Lakers/cavs in Nba2k. Or people who use Yao Ming for the rebound advantage.
Yeah, it's so-called gamers in general, but I didn't want to start a tangent :lol

One of the main things about RWD and I said this before is how they exit corners, it's too easy to lay down power in the AWD as long as you work out the understeer, but in this hopper you have to think about laying down the power at the right time, too early and you will mess up the next straight, too late and the same thing happens. Also when you eat some grass you will have a harsher penalty then most AWD cars which seem to just go off road without a care, RWD car will just spin in circles.

They may be some dominant cars but it also takes more effort and skill to use them, which weeds out half of the S5 users already.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
:lol I thought people forgot about that pic I made. Good to have ya back Che. I need mspts for the new car pack :(

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
chespace said:
We've got more DLC planned (cars? tracks? who knows!) and we're working with some interesting third parties on partnering up with future DLC too.
So, uh, yeah, did you get my wishlist posts?

chespace said:
There's a reason god invented vacations. Praise his holiness.

So yeah, DLC is out and I'm just starting to play with some of these cars for the first time myself.

Anyway, great to be back.

THE SCION DJ HIP HOP ROCK PACK
Featuring every Scion Model Past And Present!!!!

The Ladera Test Track is just awful. Hate that track so much. It looks like a McDonald's playground and is so damn narrow. The whole track seems to be one giant school zone with all the damn rumble strips. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

And to offset all this hate, I love Suzuka Circuit. I will never get tired of that race track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sportzhead said:
The Ladera Test Track is just awful. Hate that track so much. It looks like a McDonald's playground and is so damn narrow. The whole track seems to be one giant school zone with all the damn rumble strips. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

And to offset all this hate, I love Suzuka Circuit. I will never get tired of that race track.
Some people complain about the benchmark circuit, then say the Top Gear grounds would be so good to have. I'd LOVE to have the Top Gear track/production office there in the game. It's a novelty, not difficult to make, and more open than Layout A with some legitimate high speed turns there. Forza is all about car culture and turning car lovers into gamers and vice versa? Put the Top Gear test track in and you've included a bit of some of the best car culture related stuff into the game.

/slightly related to your post rant.

BADNED

Diablohead said:
They are all like the normal cars but with a custom skin, thats all(same PI, no custom tune or parts). And they are all in the Pre-Order Car Pack(around 70 MB in size). So if you redeem at least one of them then you will also see the others when you race against them but not in the dealerships, except the one you have have redeemed.

amar212

chespace said:
RWD hoppers are coming. We're getting the text localized right now.

I'm curious to see if folks will actually use the RWD hoppers.

Che, great news there.

However, you have to take into account few things in order to make RWD hoopers work:

- you should realise it is the ultimate wish of hard-core, so making them "forced no assits" is pretty much mandatory (and ABS and Driving line should also be forced-off there),

- you should include at least few "stock" races in order to prevent "S5 syndrom"

- you should reconsider the actual lenghth of the race, because 3 or 5 laps is just not enough for a real race to develop

If all above should be met, than RWD hoppers COULD become a true place to be. If not, than we'll again have situatios where somebody with TCS will just ram into me and kill me while I corner, and all cars will be souped-up Vipers for instance killing each other in order to win in 3 lap slaughterhouse.

Thank you for paying attention, regards.

amar212 said:
Che, great news there.

However, you have to take into account few things in order to make RWD hoopers work:

- you should realise it is the ultimate wish of hard-core, so making them "forced no assits" is pretty much mandatory (and ABS and Driving line should also be forced-off there),

- you should include at least few "stock" races in order to prevent "S5 syndrom"

- you should reconsider the actual lenghth of the race, because 3 or 5 laps is just not enough for a real race to develop

If all above should be met, than RWD hoppers COULD become a true place to be. If not, than we'll again have situatios where somebody with TCS will just ram into me and kill me while I corner, and all cars will be souped-up Vipers for instance killing each other in order to win in 3 lap slaughterhouse.

This is where I think there are too many options with a too smaller player base online, with a hopper for each car class, the playground extras, p2p, ring races and then the others I forget right now for what seems to be only 800 or so people online at once, is pushing it.

I will be happy if they give us RWD for a few classes, there is always going to be a complaint about racing line and ABS/TCS but right now I think we have to live with it, a real shame because I see so many people using ABS online (can tell by the dotty tyre marks they make by braking full force) but we have to live with it :( unless we make a private lobby, where you can only invite from your friends list or recent players tab :/

Jube3 said:
Me and Gowans were talking about getting the gaf room going again. The nightly rooms we had in forza 2 were beyond epic (joates where are you!). From Joates and Che racing for first to me gowans and garnett crashing into a comfortable 5th lots of fun times were had. P3tran swearing in greek while cutting me off :lol The 25 lap races like mugello full was pretty epic, nothing like a 2 hour race online lol. Let me know if you guys are interested and Ill add you right now and invite you guys tonight.

I guess we could set up some "themes" or something to start off so people can get their tunes worked out like

Rally Di Full - italian exotics only
DLC Race -A class 2-eleven (so you can play without buying) 7 lap mugello short
R3 race - Nurburgring full
E class race - 5 laps Sebring
A Class 7 laps on Twin Motegi -

Then we can round if off with games of tag, virus or cat and mouse.

I guess for this first night we can start off flexible and have assists player choice and as time goes on have assists off.

If you're interested let me know :D

I am all for it, though I am back in school now (along with working) so play time is very limited. My GT is AntiqueGamer

Any word on fixing/improving compression issues for photomode yet? The holiday rush is over and you guys should have your estimates and stuff. Its probably at the very end of their "to-do" list. Just thought I would check, doubt I'll get a response though.

Diablohead said:
This is where I think there are too many options with a too smaller player base online, with a hopper for each car class, the playground extras, p2p, ring races and then the others I forget right now for what seems to be only 800 or so people online at once, is pushing it.

I will be happy if they give us RWD for a few classes, there is always going to be a complaint about racing line and ABS/TCS but right now I think we have to live with it, a real shame because I see so many people using ABS online (can tell by the dotty tyre marks they make by braking full force) but we have to live with it :( unless we make a private lobby, where you can only invite from your friends list or recent players tab :/

That's why you go with a "team tactical" approach. Not hopper has to be super specific. Have a hopper like RWD that has some races which are super strict, and some that are a bit more casual. If you're in a group that is all hardcore they'll vote to skip all the casual races, and vice versa. However at least if there's a small amount of people then playing SOMETHING (i.e. hardcore when you want casual, or vice versa) is better than play nothing at all.

Omar Ismail said:
That's why you go with a "team tactical" approach. Not hopper has to be super specific. Have a hopper like RWD that has some races which are super strict, and some that are a bit more casual. If you're in a group that is all hardcore they'll vote to skip all the casual races, and vice versa. However at least if there's a small amount of people then playing SOMETHING (i.e. hardcore when you want casual, or vice versa) is better than play nothing at all.
Merging the lower end cups like F-E and D-C to be just like that would be nice, after each race the lobby would either pick a random class (limited to the lobby rules you joined) or you could veto to switch car class for the next race. Might not work for the higher more popular classes though.

Hope we see the RWD hopper tonight...che? :(

amar212 said:
Che, great news there.

By doing this, Turn10 would actually be admitting that the online portion of the game is flawed. And that will not happen. The RWD hoppers will be added "to add a bit of variety to the playing field". It's not because they think there is a problem with the PI system.

Wheel arrived today.

Feels great though I'm starting to relearn how drive beginning with F class cars.

I need a wheel stand. going to home depot tomorrow to see if
I can make one myself cause my back hurts from playing using a folding table and sitting on a recliner. Hate the hole on the pedal base :/ I just rest my heel on top of the back hoop. Might just hacksaw that shit off

Jube3

ExtraKr1spy said:
Wheel arrived today.

Feels great though I'm starting to relearn how drive beginning with F class cars.

I need a wheel stand. going to home depot tomorrow to see if
I can make one myself cause my back hurts from playing using a folding table and sitting on a recliner. Hate the hole on the pedal base :/ I just rest my heel on top of the back hoop. Might just hacksaw that shit off

Nice, I dont have a good place for my wheel so I use my controller most of the time. Ive been meaning to get a new setup for ages but kept putting it off.

Jube3

Diablohead said:
Ladies.

This beast will be in play tomorrow, you have been warned.

24mdb87.jpg

Pfft bring it to the room tonight! BTW the livery on it looks awesome. Great job.

Im about to put up a limited run of a Nissan GTR Warmachine livery. It wont be free unlike the other skins since I need the cash. It will be only up for a little bit I will post pics in a bit just finishing up the shoulder turret.

About to snooze so can't play tonight, just turned off F3 as it's gone 1am here.

I do wonder which cars are going to appear often in the RWD hopper, the M coupe is good currently and can sort of keep with a pack of S5's but it's damn hard. Lambos will cream me down a straight.

BTW I added a "Dreamcast" decal since well, all this DC stuff on ports and sonic adventure lately brought back my Dreamcast mood.

Jube3

Cars up on my storefront. Testing the waters at 30k :(

Warmachine - Part 2 of the 2 car set (98 supra Ironman being the first)
warmachine1.jpg

warmachine2.jpg

warmachine3.jpg

The R35 has the perfect shape for your iron man designs, looks great.

I need to make a fast RWD for the bigger tracks, hm maybe a supra with turbo and with max downforce so it can actually turn.

Might be getting ahead of myself here but it's possible we will get leaderboard filters soon for drive terrain :D from FM.net forums:

KIR BIGG 50 said:
I was just checking the LB and the option to filter between FWD, AWD, ansd RWD cars was there briefly and then went away..... I bet this is giong to be one the new features that was mentioned earlier this week.... it was be very welcomed...

This and RWD hoppers? Turn10 when you deliver you deliver juicy!

Jube3

The pitpass should have a lot of info today Diablo so here is hoping :)

Man I was just sitting thinking how crazy a track editor in forza 4 would be combined with the livery editor. Especially if there were blank assets that you could apply liveries too (billboards, signs, tv vans, ad spaces etc) Man you could seriously make whatever you wanted from recreating pro tracks to Mario Kart circuits.

Top Bottom