• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Diablohead said:
Is there a list to the DLC car's and what class / P.I they are stock?

Stolen from FM.net:

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 - B460, 50,000 CR
7.3 Speed
5.0 Handling
6.0 Acceleration
5.4 Launch
4.8 Braking

2010 Aston Martin One-77 - S684, 1.85mil CR
8.5 Speed
6.0 Handling
7.9 Acceleration
7.0 Launch
6.0 Braking

2009 Audi RS 6 - B480, 155,000 CR
7.9 Speed
5.3 Handling
5.6 Acceleration
7.1 Launch
5.3 Braking

2009 Audi R8 LMS Show Car - R3 712, 320,000 CR
6.8 Speed
6.8 Handling
7.8 Acceleration
7.9 Launch
7.0 Braking

2010 BMW M6 Coupe - B455, 90,000 CR
7.3 Speed
5.2 Handling
5.8 Acceleration
6.0 Launch
5.0 Braking

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport - A543, 60,000 CR
7.5 Speed
5.7 Handling
6.7 Acceleration
6.6 Launch
5.5 Braking

2009 Lotus 2-Eleven - A572, 66,000 CR
5.0 Speed
6.5 Handling
7.0 Acceleration
7.9 Launch
6.7 Braking

2010 Pagani Zonda R - R2 848, 1.6mil CR
8.2 Speed
7.6 Handling
8.6 Acceleration
7.9 Launch
7.6 Braking

2010 Porsche Boxster S - B447, 42,000 CR
6.4 Speed
5.5 Handling
5.6 Acceleration
6.4 Launch
5.4 Braking

2010 Saleen S5S Raptor - S647, 185,000 CR
7.5 Speed
6.0 Handling
7.8 Acceleration
7.2 Launch
6.0 Braking

G Rom

I'm not entirely sold on the DLC, could someone post some more details on the pack ?
I saw the prices on FM.net but are there any parts (bumpers, skirts,... I mean) for the cars ?
Also, do we get 150,000 Cr. this time ?!

Jube3

Diablohead said:
Looks like the new short course RWD master is here.

The car is a beast, im loving it so far. This car is gonna be very popular with middle level drivers I think because of how smooth it handles.

Hm the lotus 2 is the free car also, awesome that's another reason to not buy the pack.

Forza cant win with you can it lol

I'm not entirely sold on the DLC, could someone post some more details on the pack ?
I saw the prices on FM.net but are there any parts (bumpers, skirts,... I mean) for the cars ?
Also, do we get 150,000 Cr. this time ?!

Havent checked them all but most of them being race cars have the F3 aeros. The Mustang though had quite a few kits some from boosh.

erale

Is it true that you can't paint on the R8 LMS sideblades? I was looking forward to paint the Abt R8 but this seems impossible... Also why did they make the R8 4.2 sideblades paintable and the 5.2 and LMS sideblades not?

The lotus can be all 1 colour if you use vinyls, looks quite sweet in 1 shade off full black, I also pimped it up to A600 and it handles amazing.

erale said:
Is it true that you can't paint on the R8 LMS sideblades? I was looking forward to paint the Abt R8 but this seems impossible... Also why did they make the R8 4.2 sideblades paintable and the 5.2 and LMS sideblades not?

Probably because they modeled the sideblades on the 5.2 and LMS as the optional carbon fiber ones, as opposed to the standard aluminum sideblades on the 4.2. You can't paint over carbon fiber in Forza.

Took the lotus online, not the best track to try it on but at least I wasn't last, full pack of scrub S5's and a trueskill rank 34, who I bet drives nothing BUT the AWD s5

I want RWD hopper and I want it NOW :(

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
OMG Renault Megane in Forza!!! :lol

4268403811_db3d7455ea_o.jpg

4268403929_4077514af2_o.jpg

4268404003_c23627a161_o.jpg

Something seems off with the Zonda...

In terms of real world performance, its supposed to be on par with the FXX(even ingame the stats are very close to one another) yet the Zonda is R2 stock while the FXX is R3?

Also, the FXX is has more upgradeable parts while the Zonda only has driveshaft/wheels ;_;

Not trying to stir **** here. Just pointing out a random observation :D

Pepto

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Something seems off with the Zonda...

In terms of real world performance, its supposed to be on par with the FXX(even ingame the stats are very close to one another) yet the Zonda is R2 stock while the FXX is R3?
Zonda R = proper aero?

Pepto said:
Zonda R = proper aero?

That's certainly part of it. The Zonda R is capable of running substantially more downforce, front or rear, than the FXX in the game. It's also quite a bit faster in terms of both acceleration and top speed; while testing at Catalunya National, my R3800 FXX was reaching ~280 km/h, while the R2850 Zonda R was hitting ~294 km/h and still pulling hard, easily clocking lap times ~2 s faster.

On paper, these two cars should be pretty evenly matched, but for some reason, stock for stock, the Zonda R has a substantial edge. Unless we were to know specifics regarding the cars' PI calculations, we can only speculate why that is.

That being said, I prefer the Zonda, so I'm not complaining. :D

I checked the week in review on the forza website to check when the RWD hopper is coming, suppose to be sometime this week. I hope they have not delayed it :/

I played around with the BMW M coupe and my god that car is nice to drive, hugs corners and has some nice top end speed even with the forza wings on it. the stats say it's 7.0 accel but it equally matches my 7.2 bmw. I know other things factor into speed and control but this is one time where you should ignore the game numbers, the car is a lovely rwd car.

Diablohead said:
I checked the week in review on the forza website to check when the RWD hopper is coming, suppose to be sometime this week. I hope they have not delayed it :/

I played around with the BMW M coupe and my god that car is nice to drive, hugs corners and has some nice top end speed even with the forza wings on it. the stats say it's 7.0 accel but it equally matches my 7.2 bmw. I know other things factor into speed and control but this is one time where you should ignore the game numbers, the car is a lovely rwd car.

The blog says it will be a playground hopper though.:/

PjotrStroganov said:
The blog says it will be a playground hopper though.:/
Nothing wrong with that, still ranked. I'm sure a lot of forza players are waiting for it and it should be populated at least.

Such a shame that regular X-class races are dominated by awd cars and a selection of leadboard cars, I just hope, fingers crossed, that the rwd hopper will balance things a bit.

It takes more skill to drive a rwd even with TCS and ABS on, power too early out of a corner and you lose time and grip unlike awd cars.

Magni

I haven't played since Chrismas break, but with the new cars I hopped on and drove the Lotus on Amalfi and the Saleen on Ladera. Great, especially the Lotus :D

Then I saw I'd been gifted the GTR from the December pack. Humm, lets try that 100K drift achievement, shall we? I launced Fujimi Kaido with ABS/TCS/STM turned off, expecting to do 35-50K the first few laps, as I'd never drifted in Forza before. 78K first lap, and then 112K the second :D And lots and lots of rewind :lol One of the hardest 5 GS I've earned so far :lol

Jube3

MagniHarvald said:
I haven't played since Chrismas break, but with the new cars I hopped on and drove the Lotus on Amalfi and the Saleen on Ladera. Great, especially the Lotus :D

Then I saw I'd been gifted the GTR from the December pack. Humm, lets try that 100K drift achievement, shall we? I launced Fujimi Kaido with ABS/TCS/STM turned off, expecting to do 35-50K the first few laps, as I'd never drifted in Forza before. 78K first lap, and then 112K the second :D And lots and lots of rewind :lol One of the hardest 5 GS I've earned so far :lol

Grats dude, did you save the replay?

lord pie

Once it's tires have warmed up the Lotus is amazing. 745kg of amazing.

Although I imagine it is a lot easier to drive with a steering wheel. You have to be very smooth :D
At stock I managed a 1.03.7 on Camino Viejo within a few laps. That puts it right behind my best A600 car. Yikes.

---

I was racing my RWD gallardo the other night; first lap, back of the grid.
In front were 3 audis and two LP640s. Two veterans well out in front. I was in for a tough race.

Then this happens :lol

Jube3

lord pie said:
---

I was racing my RWD gallardo the other night; first lap, back of the grid.
In front were 3 audis and two LP640s. Two veterans well out in front. I was in for a tough race.

Then this happens :lol

:lol Man that was a pretty epic crazy crash, what pos did you finish in?

jet1911 said:
Stupid question but... how can I receive the money that's supposed to come with the new DLC pack?
Right now you don't, I think it was going to be included via patch for the game so it knows what dlc you gave, but nothing seems to be sorted yet.

lord pie

Jube3 said:
:lol Man that was a pretty epic crazy crash, what pos did you finish in?

Third :) The two guys in the lead were ranked well above me, up in the 30s. I managed a tic under 1.29 in that race, which I was very happy with. The guy in the lead was nearly 2 seconds faster! :D

---

I had an interesting idea tonight. Perhaps the racing line in forza should could show your best lap for that car / setup. I find it invaluable online, but a real hindrance when doing laps.

Ding said:
You can use the MS pedals with the Fanatec wheel, however. (I haven't tried it, but that's what Fanatec claims. The G25 pedals allegedly will work, too.)

BTW, I finally got my Fanatec/Obutto setup put together. The shifter is just zip-tied on right now, but I have a mounting piece on order from zee Germans. I can take a pic if anyone cares.

!

You will need adaptor for MS pedals / Logitech pedals to work with Turbo S wheel, which I think came with the wheel - only version of the Turbo S, though the nice folks at Fanatec send me one when my Fanatec pedals died.

I got the replacement last week and now I have to re-learn using the wheel and clutch again. But man is it fun to drive with wheel even when I am really bad at it.

Shaneus

What assists are you guys using with the Lotus? I'm thrashing it about and having a wonderful time, but it doesn't seem as grippy as you guys are indicating.

FWIW I have all assists off and manual (no clutch).

Edit: Was stability control. Handles like it's on rails now!

ShapeGSX

I was in a private race last night where everyone was racing the R1 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing B09/86 at Le Mans. If you want to see how much this game models, that is the car to try. Turn the damage modeling on to simulation. Turn on traction control. No really, turn on traction control! :)

If you hurt the brakes, watch out. Slamming on the brakes with a hurt corner will send you veering off the road in a hurry.

If you hurt the aero, specifically the rear, the car is nearly uncontrollable. The steering gets twitchy. The car doesn't brake as well. Even going in a straight line can be dangerous, since the car will tend to want to go off in different directions at will.

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix the aero in a race, since the pits won't fix it. So you REALLY have to be careful with it.

It is a really fun car to mess around with, though! Closest you can get to an F1 car in this game! Just don't look at the speedometer in the straights. You will miss your braking point, and bad things will happen.

Top Bottom